Shiny After Hours Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Toby got more shaved off last night. Got some of his tummy done and his tail . Even did some of his ears feet and head before he got biitchy with me lol. Decided to call it a night. It’s tough but I just keep letting him know we’re getting this done no matter what.
3F5BFE8D-6182-422A-BBAC-376E41137584.jpeg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Todays animal rescue was unlike any I have been on before. I met this guy yesterday at a yard sale. He was sitting by the road and it was obvious he was hurt. Neighbors say they think he was attacked by the neighborhood dog. It took me most of the day yesterday to find a rehabber but I did. I picked him up this morning and put him in a dog carrier and transported him to the rehabber.
duck.jpg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I took my daughter and granddaughter to the Alpaca Farm today. It is hilarious. I have not laughed that hard in ages. They give you a cup of carrots and the Alpaca's all crowd around you and get in your face because they want carrots. They are gentle and they move if you push them, but they get so close and they all have overbites and it was so darn cute
alpaca 1.jpg
alpaca.jpg
alpaca 6.jpg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
How difficult was it to catch him? When we bred ducks we'd have to box them in to catch one.
I loved your story! It really quacked me up!:D
(Sorry. I had to do it:rolleyes:)
haha. It was not hard. He is bonded with a friend, wife, sister duck and they hang around the lady across the street from the pond's house. She kept both the hurt one and other duck in her back yard until I got there and he could not walk fast anyway since one leg is almost not even usable.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I'd happily keep her inside as a rather big freerange budgie. But her and Luna would create havoc when I'm asleep :shock:
I could just imagine the havoc and I doubt you would be able to sleep. Cat and chicken in one small house?? The picture will be with me all day. :wub:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I got back Sammy’s dna results from Cornell Vet School. Waiting for any other info that turns up in their research that he’s enrolled in.
BUT, huge shocker... he’s purebred, back to his great grandparents. All Rottweiler! Apparently I just got the teacup version :lol:. I’m surprised, most purebreds have tiny %s of other breeds to some degree. Really interested to see what turns up in the extended health info to see if there was inbreeding or something.
A61DDD34-6D20-4470-A401-59CC99FA2CAA.jpeg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got back Sammy’s dna results from Cornell Vet School. Waiting for any other info that turns up in their research that he’s enrolled in.
    BUT, huge shocker... he’s purebred, back to his great grandparents. All Rottweiler! Apparently I just got the teacup version :lol:. I’m surprised, most purebreds have tiny %s of other breeds to some degree. Really interested to see what turns up in the extended health info to see if there was inbreeding or something.
    View attachment 893865

:lol: I love teacup purebred Sammy :wub:
    teacup-rottweiler-desktop-ornament-home-decor-ilovemypet-rottweiler-520642_720x.jpg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So no Chihuahua, darn.
    I SWEAR I really thought there was some in there :lol:. He’s half the size of a well bred male. Our vet looked over the printout (made no sense to me, it’s all the genome sequencing) and said maybe he was the runt of the litter. Mystery solved, and Himself is happy. Sammy is really his dog, so I’m glad he’s pleased with the results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread