Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
:lol: I love teacup purebred Sammy :wub:
teacup-rottweiler-desktop-ornament-home-decor-ilovemypet-rottweiler-520642_720x.jpg
Oh myyyyy... I neeeed that for Himself :lol::lol::lol:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I SWEAR I really thought there was some in there :lol:. He’s half the size of a well bred male. Our vet looked over the printout (made no sense to me, it’s all the genome sequencing) and said maybe he was the runt of the litter. Mystery solved, and Himself is happy. Sammy is really his dog, so I’m glad he’s pleased with the results.
Sammy really is a stud muffin!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got back Sammy’s dna results from Cornell Vet School. Waiting for any other info that turns up in their research that he’s enrolled in.
    BUT, huge shocker... he’s purebred, back to his great grandparents. All Rottweiler! Apparently I just got the teacup version :lol:. I’m surprised, most purebreds have tiny %s of other breeds to some degree. Really interested to see what turns up in the extended health info to see if there was inbreeding or something.
    View attachment 893865
    Beautiful pup, Mel :wub:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks, guys! He really is a sweetheart. Himself said he never wanted another dog after we lost his to cancer a year and a half ago. But, Sammy stole his heart. And he’s awesome company for me during the day.

I'm glad you two found him :wub:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Kitten season is unreal again this year. Caught one my first night, two together the next. Bringing them home and putting them in a cage and trying to tame them so I can find them homes. If I cannot tame them they get set loose again but not before spay neuter for all. Family of four. 3 kittens and one mom. I have to catch mommy next and I fear she is already pregnant again.
    wild ferals.jpg
    wild kitten.jpg
    wild kitty 1.jpg

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Kitten season is unreal again this year. Caught one my first night, two together the next. Bringing them home and putting them in a cage and trying to tame them so I can find them homes. If I cannot tame them they get set loose again but not before spay neuter for all. Family of four. 3 kittens and one mom. I have to catch mommy next and I fear she is already pregnant again.
    View attachment 893963 View attachment 893965 View attachment 893967
    I had a neighbor that would catch all the strays and have them spayed/neutered then release them. She continued taking care by feeding and watering them, she even gave them special Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

What a lovely old lady.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I had a neighbor that would catch all the strays and have them spayed/neutered then release them. She continued taking care by feeding and watering them, she even gave them special Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

What a lovely old lady.
    That is called (TNR) Trap Neuter Return. I will be doing that with the mom of the kittens because several in the neighborhood I am trapping, love her and will feed her. My hope with the kittens is to tame them and get Rescue backing for them. The Rescue will then take them from me and Vet them (spay, neuter, all vaccines, deworm, etc) and find them homes. Nobody leaves me without either getting spay/neutered or going to a place where I know they will be spayed/neutered. The whole point is to stop the pro-creation and while I cannot do it with all ferals in my county, I have other friends doing it and this is what we do all kitten season. Three years ago, after 2+ years of harassing the county government, speaking at commissioners meetings and showing data, we convinced our county authority to recognize "community cats' and leave them alone. They used to scoop them up and euthanize deeming them "unadoptable" but now they have to leave them be. Momma cat, that gets released back to her environment will have her ear tipped showing she is a "community cat" and is being cared for.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Wild cat socializing is coming along well. The beauty queen in the hammock loves to be held and has a very loud purr. The other two are slower to warm up although one is comfortable with me holding him. Not so much the other. Yet. They are learning about hammock naps and fuzzy mice (and good regular meals)
    wild feral hammock.jpg
    wild feral playing.jpg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    Wild cat socializing is coming along well. The beauty queen in the hammock loves to be held and has a very loud purr. The other two are slower to warm up although one is comfortable with me holding him. Not so much the other. Yet. They are learning about hammock naps and fuzzy mice (and good regular meals)
    View attachment 894473 View attachment 894475
    Imagine if people cared about bunnies as much as kittens. There aren’t any programs to spay or neuter bunnies and I wish I could do the ones at my work

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread