Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Our Mel is not overly fond of squirrels. Can't remember why actually; goes back a few thousand posts on the shiny thread.

Love the nod to Elvira lol
I believe it started as a giggle at my overactive adhd. I do like squirrels, well.. at least the ones that stay out of my garden ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I wonder if Catdog does this too ;)

funny-sleeping-cats-9.jpg
Maybe in the tub :lol::lol::lol:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
My kittens got sick. See the drippy eyes in one, it happened to the other two in no time (of course) labored breathing and listless.
I had just secured Rescue backing for them and they had received their first boosters.
I turned them over to the Rescue as she is better equipped to handle an illness with anti-biotics and giving fluids. Kittens born in the wild to a feral mom who never had any vaccinations sometimes do not have the best chance. At least I know they will not die a sad death wandering around hungry and what not. I tried and 2 of the 3 were fully socialized. I am hoping and praying they pull through.
kitty pile up.jpg

Shelby, Diesel and Viper.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Opinions needed.... the left side of the picture is Sammy end of March/early April. The right was taken yesterday. The rescue said he was around two. One at our practice said more @15 months. Both were guessing based on the belief he was a mix. Over the last couple of weeks he’s blown his bunny soft fluffy coat and is getting a sleek guard hair topper. And he’s growing taller, about an inch since we got him (noot scientific, just now he’s taller than my golden grandpuppy and a month and a half ago he was a bit shorter). My vet sees him Tuesday. I have to wonder if he’s not younger than they thought.
0D27383A-B1F3-479D-8259-3F5D0DE1AB62.jpeg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Opinions needed.... the left side of the picture is Sammy end of March/early April. The right was taken yesterday. The rescue said he was around two. One at our practice said more @15 months. Both were guessing based on the belief he was a mix. Over the last couple of weeks he’s blown his bunny soft fluffy coat and is getting a sleek guard hair topper. And he’s growing taller, about an inch since we got him (noot scientific, just now he’s taller than my golden grandpuppy and a month and a half ago he was a bit shorter). My vet sees him Tuesday. I have to wonder if he’s not younger than they thought.
View attachment 895885
They never really know and most guess based on teeth (size and condition)
Might have shed his fur for the summer?
But his legs def look longer in the pic on the right

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
BTW dogs and cat are not full grown until 18 months to my knowledge

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    View attachment 895885

Definitely seeking down and growing less puppy-like looking. My guess is he was much younger than thought

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    He has teeth of a young dog, not much tartar.....but he was found on the streets, full of parasites, respiratory infection.... I don’t know if lack of human care would affect how his teeth look. They’re still quite sharp though! The foster had him for about two months. She said he wasn’t much of a shedder. And, it’s been summer here since about March it seems like lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    View attachment 895885
    Many larger breeds won't reach their full height for two years and can take up to another year to attain full muscular growth. One of my friends boxers, Chloe, gained about 5-7lb of muscle her 2nd year and she was a couch potato.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    He has teeth of a young dog, not much tartar.....but he was found on the streets, full of parasites, respiratory infection.... I don’t know if lack of human care would affect how his teeth look. They’re still quite sharp though! The foster had him for about two months. She said he wasn’t much of a shedder. And, it’s been summer here since about March it seems like lol
    So his age was guessed when he was picked up on the street then. Yes, very likely that was a wrong guess.
    He is a beautiful guy.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Many larger breeds won't reach their full height for two years and can take up to another year to attain full muscular growth. One of my friends boxers, Chloe, gained about 5-7lb of muscle her 2nd year and she was a couch potato.
    Monk was about two before he really filled out. We kept him lean to keep wear and tear off his hips since he was oversized, but he went from @90 at a year, to 105 lbs from age 2 till the last year.
    Sammy just looks all leggy and awkward right now. He’s definitely in between growth stages.
    So much for getting a smaller, youngish dog this time, lol. He was 45 pounds in March, 54 a month ago. I really doubt he’ll make the 100 pounds his dna markers predict.

@chanelvaps , please keep us updated on the kittens. I hope the rescue can work her magic on them and get them healthy. They’re such cuties!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So his age was guessed when he was picked up on the street then. Yes, very likely that was a wrong guess.
    He is a beautiful guy.
    They just guessed, yes. They also thought he was a rottie/pomeranian mix. Pretty sure he’s just a byb, not close to “standard”, surprise purebred. But, I love him no matter what he is. Himself is just smitten. It’s really cute.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    View attachment 895885
    I always thought he was. :)

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    It’s adorable how they trust you.
    Most of them eat straight from my hand :) they recognize me too they don’t go up to other people for food they see me pull my truck in though every morning and all come running up to me to see what I got for them. I love sitting on lunch breaks with them and having them all in front of me as I’m cross legged on the curb next to their house. People drive by and look because their will be 4 or 5 of them sitting with me eating while I do the same. It’s the only time of the work day where Im relaxed and able to rest.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Carli didn't fill out until about 2 1/2. Was a skinny GSD until then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread