Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Opinionated Time for some lamb therapy, courtesy of @NolaMel 's fave ewe Gemma :wub:
    gemandtwins.jpg
    Flopsy on the left, Mopsy on the right

gemmaflopsy.jpg
    Gem and Flopsy

flopsy.jpg

Flopsy :wub:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @chanelvaps ... I have a kitty question. All of a sudden Catdog has started mostly sleeping in her litter box, and occasionally in my laundry basket, which she’s never done before. She’s older, no idea how old, but definitely more on the senior side of life. Is that an indication of something we should take her to the vet for? Potty habits have been normal, as has eating (no shocker there lol).

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    @chanelvaps All of a sudden Catdog has started mostly sleeping in her litter box, and occasionally in my laundry basket, which she’s never done before.

My 17 year old has done that lately, too, from time to time. I'm not really worried, but it's kind of distasteful.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My 17 year old has done that lately, too, from time to time. I'm not really worried, but it's kind of distasteful.
    I agree! Especially when she used to love her beds. Since she was a rescue (her elderly human passed away), we have no idea on age, but she’s definitely no spring chicken! I think she’s probably older than the vet guessed.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    @chanelvaps ... I have a kitty question. All of a sudden Catdog has started mostly sleeping in her litter box, and occasionally in my laundry basket, which she’s never done before. She’s older, no idea how old, but definitely more on the senior side of life. Is that an indication of something we should take her to the vet for? Potty habits have been normal, as has eating (no shocker there lol).
    The general rule is: if they are eating and using their litter box, (pooping especially) then there is not much to worry about.
    As cats get old they forget so much, my guy Joe (age 11) wanders the house at night howling. If I get up to get him he is very happy to see me and comes back to bed with me. I think he gets lost or forgets how to get to his bed (in my room)
    My guess is your kitty is just looking for a comfy place and maybe she prefers the laundry basket on that day because it smelled good.
    Same with litter box, maybe the temp felt right to her at the time. You can put a same size box with a hand towel near the litter box and she if she will sleep in that instead.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I would ask for a little lamb but we are in a 1100 foot apartment and we have at least 1700 feet of furniture, some remaining in boxes, and the content of two large sheds. I can barely squeeze past stuff. Sigh. It is my mission to get prequalified for a house but like, IDK how it is going to work. We shall see but it's annoying to watch all of our houses go off the market. So needs must. No lamb but that is the ONLY thing stopping me.

Anna
    ETA: Dog loves our new climate hangs out on back porch. It is nice. That will change but for now, it's nice.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    The general rule is: if they are eating and using their litter box, (pooping especially) then there is not much to worry about.
    As cats get old they forget so much, my guy Joe (age 11) wanders the house at night howling. If I get up to get him he is very happy to see me and comes back to bed with me. I think he gets lost or forgets how to get to his bed (in my room)
    My guess is your kitty is just looking for a comfy place and maybe she prefers the laundry basket on that day because it smelled good.
    Same with litter box, maybe the temp felt right to her at the time. You can put a same size box with a hand towel near the litter box and she if she will sleep in that instead.
    Great idea!! I coincidentally have some packages coming today lol. But, I think I’ll put one of the hubs dirty tshirts in it. He’s her human, so maybe that will appeal to her more.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    My guy Colby has a meet and greet today. Wish him luck. And wish me luck because I need some of these kittens to GO. My whole summer has been about scooping litter boxes twice a day and feeding wet food twice a day and play time out of the cage twice a day, meds, meds and more meds.
    Not sure I shared that Cheddars adoption fell through so she is still here and I am still hoping she is the last of my four wild cats to go
    colby.jpg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Great idea!! I coincidentally have some packages coming today lol. But, I think I’ll put one of the hubs dirty tshirts in it. He’s her human, so maybe that will appeal to her more.
    those little half boxes that canned cat food is sitting in work perfect. I get them off the shelves at the grocery store all the time

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread