Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks I havent cried this hard In a long time. He a good friend and gets such joy from something as simple as having his favourite puréed salad squirted into his mouth. He always stands up and looks at me in the kitchen licking his lips while he can hear the blender going. Every time I come sit down with his little cup of food he does circles and hops around before climbing all over me. He won’t be forgotten.

Me and the fluffybutt Luna are thinking of you both :wub:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    Me and the fluffybutt Luna are thinking of you both :wub:
    Thank you all grumpy passed away peacefully in my arms 6 hours ago. I just woke up from a long nap and am having a snack and going to bed.

I almost said good night grumpy and told him I loved him when I woke up and looked in the direction of his kennel.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thank you all grumpy passed away peacefully in my arms 6 hours ago. I just woke up from a long nap and am having a snack and going to bed.

I almost said good night grumpy and told him I loved him when I woke up and looked in the direction of his kennel.

Every time you get sad - just remember how you were able to give Grumpy, the absolute best last 4 months of his life :wub:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    You're going to be tired today, @Ricky Vapes. Yesterday was awfully hard. But you did right by your boy to the end. There's some small comfort in that.

yes Even after napping from 7 till 10 and going back to sleep at 11 I slept in till 730 and was late for my usual 6am start time at work. My boss understood though and let me sleep.

it was hard coming home to see his empty kennel. Gonna be hard to be blend up my smoothie for tomorrow without seeing grumpy getting excited hearing the blender knowing his foods coming too.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    Every time you get sad - just remember how you were able to give Grumpy, the absolute best last 4 months of his life :wub:
    Thanks I looked after him at work too but didn’t bring him home because I didn’t have room for another bunny house. But when the snowfall came in Early February I had to bring him home . He took up my front entrance with his huge kennel all that time. Wish I brought him home sooner but he was ecstatic with his little hutch and big kibble bowl labeled grumpy at work too.

He did enjoy having his safe place in my house he appreciated me and showed his love to me up until the end.

He was always munching on his kibble day and night :)
    image.jpg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    I forgot to mention after I left the vet me and my mom stopped at the grocery store and after we got out of the car there was a nice big single banana laying on the ground and it made me think of grumpy since that was alwyas his ultimate favourite food he went crazy for since I met him over a year ago. It was probably a sign from grumpy saying thank you for my kindness or something like that. We picked it up and put it in my moms purse then I fed it to the babies at home.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I forgot to mention after I left the vet me and my mom stopped at the grocery store and after we got out of the car there was a nice big single banana laying on the ground and it made me think of grumpy since that was alwyas his ultimate favourite food he went crazy for since I met him over a year ago. It was probably a sign from grumpy saying thank you for my kindness or something like that. We picked it up and put it in my moms purse then I fed it to the babies at home.

I'm so glad you got to see that, and I'm 100% sure Grumpy was extremely grateful for all the love and kindness you gave him :wub:

• Love
    Reactions: Ricky Vapes

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    I'm so glad you got to see that, and I'm 100% sure Grumpy was extremely grateful for all the love and kindness you gave him :wub:
    Thanks I know he’s not suffering anymore but I miss him so much.

that was a nice sign from him though made me reassured I did the right thing . I mean what a coincidence to see a single perfect banana just laying in the parking lot only a half hour after he passed.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    How are you doing @Ricky Vapes?
    I’m doing good Just the usual still got many bunnies depending on me so still looking after them all daily.

still think about grumps but I hope he’s at peace and I know he’d have no problem getting into bunny heaven he was the best!

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    The heat doesn’t bother me anymore but it does the rabbits so I was misting their ears with ice water a lot . They don’t like being soaked but just cold mist on their ears cools them off. I put an umbrella on the side of Sassys house to keep they sun off since they get the sun hitting them on the side. And they have lots of water. I make sure to bring extra buckets around different areas for the bunnies at work otherwise they would have nothing to drink.

but at 40 degrees Celsius they certainly get quite sluggish. I may be part Mexican though because I was still working away in the lumber yard and even doing overtime. I think I got used to it after so many years.
    Just had my 14 year work anniversary yesterday

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The heat doesn’t bother me anymore but it does the rabbits so I was misting their ears with ice water a lot . They don’t like being soaked but just cold mist on their ears cools them off. I put an umbrella on the side of Sassys house to keep they sun off since they get the sun hitting them on the side. And they have lots of water. I make sure to bring extra buckets around different areas for the bunnies at work otherwise they would have nothing to drink.

but at 40 degrees Celsius they certainly get quite sluggish. I may be part Mexican though because I was still working away in the lumber yard and even doing overtime. I think I got used to it after so many years.
    Just had my 14 year work anniversary yesterday

Congrats! As for the heat, I'm the opposite. I love working in -5°C, but in 40°C, I'd MELT

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread