Shiny After Hours Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I'm getting a dog :) No actually I've wanted one for years but we always shy away from from the commitment. I'm starting to feel that I need to do it though as I'm getting to old and it'll be too late if I leave it much longer.

I'm going to to put it on the table as a serious question :)

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I'm getting a dog :) No actually I've wanted one for years but we always shy away from from the commitment. I'm starting to feel that I need to do it though as I'm getting to old and it'll be too late if I leave it much longer.

I'm going to to put it on the table as a serious question :)
The saying 'A dog is man's best friend' is a true one. Research breeds, talk to owners of different dogs, make sure you get one that is right for you.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
The saying 'A dog is man's best friend' is a true one. Research breeds, talk to owners of different dogs, make sure you get one that is right for you.
Yes thanks Blitz.... It's a real problem choice actually because I love so many different breeds, both small and big. Hmmh, a dog is for life not just for Christmas.... Don't worry I'm not going to do anything rash.

It will be a serious conversation and the boss will ultimately have the last word..... :wub::D:D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I’ve always done that, research, decide which qualities I would like, or would like to avoid. A couple times I actually ended up with the breed I’d decided on, other times I’d be swept off my feet by the first pair of big brown puppy eyes.

Good luck with your decision, Charlie.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I'm all about pound dogs, whoever I feel a connection with is chosen. Don't much care about looks, more interested in personality. Am considering a pittie rescue when my Em is gone or Mom kidnaps her for life.

I’m all about rescue, too, but I can find about any breed at a rescue. Georgia is the second dog I bought in my life. Rudy is not a common breed - not around here anyway- so it took some looking to find him. There’s a JRT at the shelter now, and they’ve had everything from chihuahuas to a Newfoundland.

They’re always full of pit bulls though. So sad. And people just let them breed and breed...

My dogs go to the vet today for a checkup and shots. Fortunately they love their doctor and the whole staff.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Regardless of the objective of this thread, I love animals, love animal pictures and LOVE funny animal memes! Post away people!!
Me as well. That's what I love about the shiny thread, all sorts of interesting topics going on in one place.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Here’s Zelda. Those who frequent the shiny thread have read many tales and adventures of Zelda (pun to the video game). She was a rescue, and picked up not long after Robin Williams passed away – so in homage to the great man, I decided to name Zelda after his daughter - who to my understanding was named after the video game character "Princess Zelda" .

Don’t let the vogue pose and princess reference fool you. Zelda is an evil genius with plans of world domination. The process is a bit slow given her lack of opposable thumbs.

Chillin.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Here’s Zelda. Those who frequent the shiny thread have read many tales and adventures of Zelda (pun to the video game). She was a rescue, and picked up not long after Robin Williams passed away – so in homage to the great man, I decided to name Zelda after his daughter - who to my understanding was named after the video game character "Princess Zelda" .

Don’t let the vogue pose and princess reference fool you. Zelda is an evil genius with plans of world domination. The process is a bit slow given her lack of opposable thumbs.

View attachment 857727
If she ever figures out how to access you cc you're doomed.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread