Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I didn’t even think about that. Seems likely she was.
Remember the kitty cat, that I found at the trailer park and brought home to nurse back to health. DR diagnosed the problem as a kitty too young to be pregnant but got pregnant anyway.
clementine.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The last little black one didn’t make it either. He was the last baby :(

I’ve been crying even though I’ve tried to prepare myself all day. I’ve been in a bad mood all day . I had a bit of hope he may still be alive. But last night he seemed to be getting lethargic.

This little guy I wanted to keep all along he was so sweet.

I’m gonna go bury him in a bit I got sassy and bugs outside getting fresh air.

I'm so sorry about this :wub:

Possum64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    @Ricky Vapes i have just caught up here. So sorry to hear about our baby bunnies. You will find a little something extra in your bank account for the Bunny Fund or Toby Fund :wub:.

I know it won't take away your pain but I hope it helps somewhat.
    Catherine

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Remember the kitty cat, that I found at the trailer park and brought home to nurse back to health. DR diagnosed the problem as a kitty too young to be pregnant but got pregnant anyway.
    View attachment 865467
    How is Clementine doing these days?

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    @Ricky Vapes i have just caught up here. So sorry to hear about our baby bunnies. You will find a little something extra in your bank account for the Bunny Fund or Toby Fund :wub:.

I know it won't take a

Aw thanks so much. Yes I’m really down about it every time someone at worked asked me about them I would feel like crying. I was so excited to be a grandpa.

People asked me when I was looking for empty boxes if I was using them for my baby critters and I said no they all died I just need to pack up my house because it flooded. They were shocked at my luck this week. I’m certainly not gonna start gambling again anytime soon my luck seems to be pretty horrible lately.

I’m thankful for all my friends here and my other critters that are alive and well. I love them and they give me a reason to get up everyday

I miss this little guy especially
    D3E21A24-D228-4188-88A0-3AA9CA7F081B.jpeg

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    How is Clementine doing these days?
    Zazie, you are so sweet to ask. She is doing good. She lives back at the trailer park with the guy that feed her before I found her. She lives inside with him in his home. She is very playful and thrills on bothering his other cats.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Ricky, losing tiny newborns that fall into our hands is gut wrenching. I grieve for weeks. It is the laws of nature and we have no choice in what happens. Please allow yourself time to grieve and then move forward knowing it could not have been prevented by you. Rescuing animals taps into a part of your soul you never knew existed.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    So sorry about the last bunny. They just were not meant to survive. Sassy might be too young.
    That’s true. And she’d been fending for herself for how long before she got pregnant, and during the pregnancy. Who knows what she found to eat out in the wild. And the stress of it all... we bought a house and moved while I was pregnant with my youngest. I almost had a miscarriage.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    View attachment 865503
    The gang of Sidney. This is the rough part of town you better have carrots or know me to be able to pass through town or these guys are gonna be mad.

If they ever run out of grass to eat, bring them down to my place. I could use some fluffy lawnmowers!

• Love
    Reactions: Ricky Vapes

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    That’s true. And she’d been fending for herself for how long before she got pregnant, and during the pregnancy. Who knows what she found to eat out in the wild. And the stress of it all... we bought a house and moved while I was pregnant with my youngest. I almost had a miscarriage.
    I guess your right who knows . She had been living around a lumber yard for for knows how long. Then our house flooded which meant a Loud dehumidifier, also moving furniture around may have been scaring sassy as well causing her stress

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Have to agree with @chanelvaps – animals in the wild have to deal with all kinds of challenges, many of which are a lot more stressful than a noisy house or moving furniture around.

@Ricky Vapes – you have provided an optimal environment for these kits to develop. Food, shelter and out of the cold and dangers of the wild. The rest was up to mother nature - and despite your best efforts, she reigns. Please do not blame yourself. It maybe difficult to accept, but the reality is, this is the circle of life. I am so sorry for your loss. Amazing how attached we can become to our furry friends. I still grieve over the loss of my past pets. Stay strong bud

beckah54

Dog Lover!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2009
    Ohio
    @Ricky Vapes

I so admire your love and care of your bunnies. I have enjoyed all the bunny pictures you have posted and seeing the wee babies. My heart goes out to you at the loss of your babies but I believe you gave them better care than if they had been born in the wild. For sure they felt your love as you held and fed them. Nature is harsh but it doesn’t keep us from loving our furry friends from the bottom of our hearts. Keep up your dedication to rescuing animals as you are able.

Hoping better times are around the corner for you.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Zazie, you are so sweet to ask. She is doing good. She lives back at the trailer park with the guy that feed her before I found her. She lives inside with him in his home. She is very playful and thrills on bothering his other cats.
    That she's happy makes me happy!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    A few years ago, I started doing paverpol sculptures. They are garden ornaments that arwe made completely from aluminium wire, masking tape and tinfoil for the body shape

step-by-step-e1275378256239.jpg

You then use recycled cotton t-shirts to enclose the body frames. Final step is to make clothes from the cotton t-shirts and hair from unraveled muslin cloth. They are then coated in paverpol - a mix of glue and colours. These harden, and become completely element proof.

I loved doing it, as it brought out my creative side. But it's hard to do with hand arthritis - regardless of that, it is something I'm going to start doing again.

The Victorian Sitting Lady was my first sculpture. Followed that with The Fisherman, and finally my Garden Fairy. The Fairy was 100% my own design. The other 2 were done in a workshop training class.

paverpol.jpg backlady.jpg

fisherman.jpg

Dad bought this one from me, and it sits on Mum's patio. I modelled it on his build and curly hair ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread