Shinyatis is a real thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hubby just asked if I ordered from such and such place for xxx amount of dollars.

I hung my head and said yes.

He said the fraud dept of the cc company emailed him and asked if this was a legit charge.

He asked what I got.

I hung my head and said a kabuki it.

He shook his head.

I hung my head and grinned.

:D :evil:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Robin, you are going to love it. The titanium version is very easy to assemble, disassemble for filling. Thank goodness my bank didn't do that, though it could have, LOL. It's a rather large one time purchase, but I don't regret it as it seems to have turned off my shinyitis for a bit... I was ashamed to spend so much on a tank, LOL, but I don't regret it.

I don't collect jewelry in fact when early on my husband bought it for me I begged him to stop as a) I don't wear it and b) I will lose it. I had a shoe fetish for a while, but I am proud to report that over the past 2 years I have purchased 0 shoes except shoes for the kid as he stands on his feet all day. The last shoes I bought were Dansko clogs, and it was hard to *make* myself buy them as I'd so thoroughly convinced myself I didn't need shoes, it took me about a month to work up my courage.... LOL.

I'm more of a spend money on an experience, type thing. I like to save for travel, etc. Though it's gotten difficult since the 19K of mouth implants depleted my stores of savings intensely. I suppose that's the kind of thing savings are for, but I don't thing we'll be travelling this year, sadly. :)

I never have enough socks, I always lose them...

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This month there will be a JAC on our bill. My defense is that it came from England, very cultured, and the shipping was "free".

Hubby just asked if I ordered from such and such place for xxx amount of dollars.

He said the fraud dept of the cc company emailed him and asked if this was a legit charge.

He asked what I got.

He shook his head.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'll defend shiny-itus, lol. I think it helps some of us stay off the cigs. I do know this one guy who has has used the same ego twist style batteries, silica wicked clearos and tobacco flavored, high PG china juice for 5+ years. He was telling me just the other day it's getting harder for him to find his regular stuff . .especially the juice he likes.

For me, though, getting new stuff keeps it interesting. I'm just gonna say for me and in my opinion - the experience of vaping is inferior to the experience of smoking. It just is. So I need to get new juices, new tanks, new devices, etc . .to keep it interesting. With cigarettes I never went searching for a "better experience" . . but that's just how it is with vaping . .especially for a lot of us . . so shiny-itus is part of my smoking cessation strategy.
I've been vaping for a while and i never bought the same juice twice mainly because i like trying new flavors. But i can't say i agree that the experience is inferior, doing sub 0hm with tons of flavor and vapor is much more satisfying to me than smoking ever was. It just so happens i like trying new toys aswell so i get myself a mod or a tank from time to time (like at the moment my next acquirement is probably gonna be the serpent smm rta)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

He asked what I got.

He shook his head.

I soooo see the two of you having this conversation :lol:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

He asked what I got.

He shook his head.

Your CC provider contacted you for a $99 charge?

I would have to find a new CC provider.
Its not 1986.
It costs almost $99 to fill a gas tank on a truck today.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Your CC provider contacted you for a $99 charge?

I would have to find a new CC provider.
Its not 1986.
It costs almost $99 to fill a gas tank on a truck today.

Couple of reasons: was more than $99; we had just returned home from vacation last week and they denied a purchase I was trying to make at a Target store (I got to go school shopping for 4 grandkids).

Capital One is notorious for being overly careful. :rolleyes:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF, PEOPLE ! shinyitis can be beaten by a powerful will. MAN UP ! i have bought only wick ,wire, and juice since the rsst sale several years ago. i saved so much money i had to buy several new guns. ......wait....does shinyitis apply to guns?
Much better to have addiction to vaping than guns. Big difference in damage to bank account.......... been there. Lol.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Much better to have addiction to vaping than guns. Big difference in damage to bank account.......... been there. Lol.
I don't do guns (i'm canadian anyway) most of my "shinyastis" comes from pc parts tbh x) RGB ALL THE THINGS !!!
I'm still fairly new at vaping so imo searching for THE best experience i can have is normal to me.....
Although i don't see myself buying new mods for a while (i love my predator now) Might get a new battery duo and a tank (mostly thinking about the serpent smm here or crown III but i'd doubt that 2nd one)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't do guns (i'm canadian anyway) most of my "shinyastis" comes from pc parts tbh x) RGB ALL THE THINGS !!!
I'm still fairly new at vaping so imo searching for THE best experience i can have is normal to me.....
Although i don't see myself buying new mods for a while (i love my predator now) Might get a new battery duo and a tank (mostly thinking about the serpent smm here or crown III but i'd doubt that 2nd one)
SMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread