jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Want that new gear, but have 1000 other mods you haven't used yet?

Looks great on paper but just not sure.

So, well let's talk about it.
We can talk you out of it, or into it if that's you're need. We can save money or spend yours.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Thanks for all the well wishes. Modern medicine is amazing. I walked into the hospital at 9am Tuesday and wheelchaired out on Wednesday at 11am. Surgery was 3 hours long and harder than expected due to my having a small chest cavity.
I was super scared, I have had a lot of surgeries with no fear but this had me crying like a baby. They went in laparoscopically, cut the lung so as to remove the cancer part of it. Somehow had a bag in there with their tools, bagged it all up, including two lymph nodes and then removed it all. That bag will go to pathology to make sure there are no cancer cells in the lymph nodes. If not I am done. If so, I will do chemo. The pain was there for sure, especially while coughing. Still is, thankfully I can just stay medicated for a few days. I was able to leave if I could walk the whole floor section of where I was, a little trip around 2 nurse stations. I did it a few times with a walker and then did it without the walker. I have one of those lung toys type things that I blow into to get my lung functions up.
This all amazes me because I only found out in the beginning of January and it is done and taken care of in the beginning of February.
This diagnosis was for sure my worst fear realized. Short of the loss of a loved one. So it was here and now it is gone.
PLease, any of you, all of you that smoked go get that early detection scan of your lungs.
I will copy and paste this in the shinyitis thread for those that do not come to the animal thread.
THanks all. I am going to seriously practice gratitude from here on out. I will be nice even to the people I have on the ignore slot. LOL

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
One of my best friends passed away yesterday from throat cancer. He was a year younger than me. I visited him in the hospital when he first found out
That was 8 years ago. We slowly drifted apart and it was about a year ago the last time we talked. I found out that that is about the time the cancer came back with a vengeance. They tried 2 surgeries to get it bit they couldn't beat it. He pretty much cut off communication with everybody because he didn't want to burden them. I wish I would have known. I guess he was luving in Texas. I would have driven down there just to see him one more time. We were both adopted and we joked we might be brothers. From 7th grade through high school and on and off as roommates for years after, we practically were. We shared some of the best times, and supported each other through the worst. I'll always remember you Ken. Rest easy brother.

He was a heavy smoker and drinker. We all were back then. Some quit and some didn't. I have struggled off and on with cigarettes for this whole time. Lately with the stress of life I have been dual using again. I found this Zippo when I was moving. It used to belong to him. He got it with Camel Cash years ago. It is one of the few reminders I have of him. And it's a warning. Everytime I want to light a cigarette I pause and think about where it took him.
20200616_105826.jpg

I am reminded why I decided to quit in the first place
I read an article in 2012 about a guy named Bryan Lee Curtis who died at 33 years old, leaving behind a wife and a 2 year old son.
Smoking Kills - Bryan Story - "He wanted you to know"
I never want to put my wife and son through that.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I did this today. I had like 100 clear battery wraps and realized the first time I used one it is a bit hard to see if there is a tear. Sooooo, I got a newspaper and found some cute designs, cut them to size, put the clear wrap over them and hit them with the heat gun :)
I need to practice a little more but, yay me! Okay put lotion on hands, that's better :)

IMG_20200106_175009639.jpg
IMG_20200106_174935209.jpg
IMG_20200106_174950493.jpg

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Morning shiny Folks
I am home from the hospital, at my daughters. I finally got some good sleep last night. The last lung surgery I had the DR alternated the Hydro with Tramadol. Tramadol is a no go for me because it totally wired me. So I had a note on my chart to not give. I was pretty proud that I coasted through the first 24 hours on only Tylenol and the cold patch on my back and front. Feeling like wonder woman because I made myself get up and walk, asked for walker and did the whole floor a couple times a day. walked to and from the bathroom, no walker, unassisted and doing great.
The second night, the pain gets real bad and a sort of searing burning pain inside my chest and I am crying and asking for pain meds. They called dr and I was given a choice of Diluaded or Roxy, so screw if I am doing narcotics I am going big and I start requesting the Dilauded and getting it every five hours or so. An exray is done and it appears there is an air pocket, a leak in the incision so to speak. It has to close on its own so they disconnect the drainage and I cannot go home. since I have vapes with me and have managed to vape (unflavored, no smell) and not be detected, I am pretty content, heavily loaded and life seems good, needs are low (coffee in the morning, ice cream at night,) and they are all being met so I settle in for possibly another night which would be the third. The afternoon exray reveals the lung has sealed itself and no more air escaping and I am still doing rounds on the floor in my pajama's. I know where all the graham crackers are kept and have also found the little tubs of peanut butter on both ends of the floor, raided the supply and have a nice stash in my end table and they decide I can go home now.My daughter comes to get me, I get to stop at my house and see my cats (one who had his own emergency stay in the hospital a few days before me) both cats seem good, I have friends coming twice day to tend to their needs. On to my daughters to see my dog and get some good sleep. It is now morning but I have lost track on whether it is Thursday or Friday and just sitting up typing this and answering texts on my phone has made me tired so I am back to bed and made it through surgery #2 lung cancer of 2020-2021.
I took with me two Voopoo Drag s's and charging cord.Un flavored in these. I took (but planned to leave in the car and then at the last minute snuck them into my bathroom bag) 2 Minikins, one with Dinner Lady and a Freemax Gemm, and one with DIY Maple Bar and another Freemax Gem. My battery power stayed good with no charging needed throughout the stay which I think was 2 full days. I did not vap emuch as I had a nicotine ptch but I had it with me at all times and felt secure.
Hope you all have. nice day

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Better late than never ;)

OK before I start - I don't need any sadness or sympathy in shiny land. Yoiu guys are my distraction and my anchor :wub: - so please - shiny thread as per normal, regardless of what you read below.

I know what you guys will be thinking, as it's exactly what I'd be thinking if one of you went through this :wub: - pm me if you want, but let's keep shiny thread normal - well as normal as it can be ;)
    I lost my 68 yo Dad last night and instead gained a new guardian angel :wub:

He was diagnosed with prostate cancer 7 years ago. This became a terminal condition 5 years ago, when it metastasized to his bones. Ever since then, Dad and Mum have lived each day like it's his last. He has been relatively fit and active up until the past few months - when the pain was worse. He actually has bone tumors from head to toe - the most impressive bone scan the technicion has ever seen ;)

On Monday (Sunday for you guys) morning, when Mum woke up, Dad was semi conscious. We called an ambulance and in hospital a MRI showed 3 big tumors in his brain. We knew then we were down to days left with Dad. He was semiconscious for two nights in hospital.

During this time - we got a few miracles. Each time he saw or heard us, he would smile. It was so precious :wub:

We took him home for his last few days on Wednesday(Tuesday) We then all had an extremely precious family time with Dad. I nursed him from 2am til 8am Thursday morning, and loved every minute - it was just me and my Dad, he was comfortable on medication - and he had me to fuss over him ;)

He was ready to go last night. Mum had sat with him, and told him it was time. He passed on so peacefully, with Mum, my sister, and his sisters there with him. :wub:

I'm actually doing OK - for now ;) I have been vaping my head off, no thoughts of smoking (Dad would kick my .... if I did ;))

I love you guys, thank you for being here :wub:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Got my Pathology report back yesterday. The cancer taken out this time was the same as the cancer taken out last year at this time. Both times all lymph nodes clear. All have weighed in, the Pulmonologist, the oncologist, and the Thoracic surgeon and all say this was part of what was removed last year. Same cancer just not seen last year as it was too small. This means I am stage one and no chemo. I did a happy dance. I will do another here

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    good morning2.gif
    Shiny's! First, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and wishes. This is the best community ever. My mom is stable and in recovery mode now. She will be in the nursing home for therapy for awhile. Her stroke partially paralyzed her left side, but with therapy and hard work, her doctor says she should make a full recovery. She calls herself a "Tough Old Bird", and I believe it. 3 years ago, she had a major heart attack that left her with 25% of her heart function, and she made a full recovery from that. Back in 1981, she was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma, and she made a full recovery from that. Mom is a very active woman that has made a life out of taking care of others. The only thing she wants to get well for, is to get back to taking care of and helping the elderly people she cares for. She's 83 btw. Please keep her in your thoughts, and your prayers if you believe.

Well, after catching up on over 90 pages since I last posted(12/20/2019)....I'm back. I will be back home later today. I'll be glad to be home with my family and back to my normal routine. Catching up with the Shiny thread was a nice distraction for the last couple of days, if not a little overwhelming. 13 of those pages were just from the last two days.:blink: Got to get ready for my flight and say my goodbyes. I'll try to post this evening to let you know I made it home ok. I love you all! :wub:

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    ...taps mic...
    Hello ?

Hey y'all !

Ok, here's the deal...

Your permission to use the Rating System can be removed when you abuse it.

Your permissions to send Conversations can be turned off when abused.
    If you have someone on ignore you will still receive them unless you leave any open Conversations you have with that person (the system thinks it's still ok). So, if you aren't willing to do that...what can I say...

And...
    Here's the biggie...
    Staff gets tired of seeing reports over and over and over and over on the same members acting up or being out of line over and over and over and over, so don't be surprised when Staff gets tired of your crap and closes your account.

Forum Rules
    6. Messages and Accounts
    The Forum Officials reserve the right to remove, edit or suspend any user account at their discretion. There is no right of appeal.

The general lack of courtesy, misconduct and trolling on the Forum lately is way out of bounds.
    There have been a few threads on the Forum where members have been beyond inappropriate, it's not just in here.

It's gonna stop.
    15. Freedom of speech
    Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

Sorry...but DANG !
    Grow the hell up !

And for all the "but I didn't do anything" people...this obviously does not apply to you.

...gone for some tylenol.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Evening shinies ;)

We gave my Dad the best send off ever today :wub:

I am a complete antisocial introvert type of person, who doesn't like big crowds or lots of people. Despite that ;) I stood up in front of 400 people and read out a long funny poem (I'm the comic relief in our family) that I'd written at 4am this morning. No fricking idea how I did it - but I did it ;)

As the unmarried big sister, I had the special job of getting Mum through the funeral, and through today (and through the next 30 years). She did amazing :wub:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Vaping is very safe from cancer?Because only pg/vg flavor And nicotine

but I got through 10ml 3mg juice a day, it’s like alot

I think it’s fair to say vaping has been around long enough, we’d have pretty good evidence if it was harmful and what harm it caused.

But maybe not. Maybe there are risks. You know what? We already know what smoking does. I’ll take my chances with maybe there’s a risk rather than using a known killer.

My husband was 54 years old, smoked since he was a teen, but the healthiest guy I knew. He worked a very physical outdoor job, and he could work circles around people half his age. Never took a day off sick in his life. Not one.

One day, he dug up the garden to get it ready to plant. Next day, he said his shoulder was bothering him. Maybe he had done too much. He wasn’t one to complain, and he went about his business. It kept bothering him though, and after nagging him for 3 weeks I got him to see the doctor.

The doctor sent him directly for tests. Stage 4. The lung tumors had breached the lung wall and spread to his ribs and spine. Metastasis to the bones, organs, brain.

He did chemo. He had radiation, 15 rounds plus gamma knife.

He took so many meds I had to keep a chart on the wall and set timers all day.

He had seizures, and I couldn’t leave him alone.

He had spontaneous nose bleeds.

He lost weight. All of his muscles, gone.

He lost the ability to walk. Then to sit up. And to feed himself. He hallucinated.

He wasted away before my eyes, right here in the room where I’m sitting now, and I was his hospice nurse, although I had zero training or knowledge about this.

It was all I could do to keep him from being in excruciating pain.

In 9 months it completely destroyed him.

I don’t know who your family is, if you have parents, a spouse, kids, siblings, but let me tell you, it doesn’t just destroy the person it kills. It destroys everyone in range. I would give anything to undo all of this... to undo having to tell our kids and grandkids, our families. To undo planning his memorial, and picking up his ashes from the funeral home, and asking for copies of his death certificate

And I would do anything not to have to do that to my family again.

It’s been five years since he died, but all of this is as fresh in my mind today as it was when it was happening. I’ll never forget.

That was his only symptom, a bit of shoulder pain. There were no signs at all, until it was too late.

So if it takes buying a new mod a month or vaping 10 mls of juice a day I’m in. Whatever the cost or risk.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Just gotta say...
    When I login to 8 pages of reports from one member trolling another member things aren't going to go well at all.
    That's 160 Reports.

The Troller was not a regular poster in this thread...but the person being trolled is.

I sent him packing.
    So if ya hear rumors of what a "B" I am...well, there ya go :lol:

160 Reports !!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies :wub:
    Thank you for all the thoughts, it's appreciated so much today - as we had to let Abby go :wub: Her temp spiked last night, she was showing no neurological improvement, was agitated and in a lot of pain. So it wasn't fair to let her carry on suffering.

Gonna miss her like crazy - and today I need all the distraction I can get. So bring on the shinies and the laughs :thumb:

My vaporesso luxe nano mod is out for delivery - which is just as well, as I really really need something new and shiny to play with ;)

Users who are viewing this thread