Shipping Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placed my order w/EM on 5/15 received 5/25 following is my email back to eastmall:
Hi Ed;

Thank you for getting this order to me.

I marked my USPS as a partial shipment, sorry to say it was not good. When delivered to my home the delivery lady had a hard time scanning the label, we had to open and the label was wet and it appeared like one box was missing. I marked my delivery ticket as only partial order.

When I opened the box it contained many items in plastic, items not individually wrapped.

5 x 901 battery - all arrived (not wrapped) and seem to be working with one scratch and one has the light end dented.

2 x DSE901B Atomiser - not wrapped but seem to be working fine

1 x * Sale: No wrapping
Virginia - 2 OK
Menthol - 2 OK
Almond - Only received - 1
Chocolate - Only received - 1
Coffee - Only received - 1

2x DPV9 - Not wrapped - Only received - 1 AND when I opened the hard case laying lose in the plastic it contained ONLY 2 batteries with the light end of one laying lose in the case, no cartridge.

2 x M401 Atomiser - Black OK

3 x M401 Battery - Black OK

Was so looking forward to this shipment. I did take the DPV9 out of the case and am using it. The second one I did not receive was for my Sis 400 miles away who depends on me to order for her. I am so disappointed that I do not have one to send to her.

I would love to have 25 DPV9s to sale to friends, the word is getting out that I am the one with the goods in this area. How much for this larger order and will it arrive safely? Is this a customs problem?

I did take pictures as I opened the box if you would like me to send. Right now I have to leave to help a friend.

Reply I recieved:
Thanks for your email and I’m sure we can improve on the shipping and handling and also compensate you for any sub-standard items delivered.

I’ve forwarded your email to David, he will take great care of you in regards to a bulk purchase and will reply shortly.

Cheers
Ed.

So far I have not heard another word.:(

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Reply I recieved:
Thanks for your email and I’m sure we can improve on the shipping and handling and also compensate you for any sub-standard items delivered.

I’ve forwarded your email to David, he will take great care of you in regards to a bulk purchase and will reply shortly.

Cheers
Ed.

Have you written again? I would follow-up on it if it happened to me.

Let's hope David has a package on the way and was just too busy to think of emailing you. Good luck!

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
I ordered during the special. Should have been 2 of each.

Ahh..then you did order the $100 worth of liquid. Sorry, I thought maybe it was the $50 liquid special.

Hope you get this straightened away. From what I've read it sure seems that David and Mr.Ed will compensate you accordingly.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Why are you even posting this? Shouldn't you wait for Eastmall to correct the issue before bashing them? The thing is, there are a LOT of people, including me, on this forum that order from Eastmall all the time and have never had problems. And the few problems that have occurred were always taken care of.

But that seems to be a trend on this forum lately. People new to the forum just come in and start trashing suppliers before the supplier even has a chance to fix things. It's starting to get old....

So there was my vent!

iggyLover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2009
San Diego
Why are you even posting this? Shouldn't you wait for Eastmall to correct the issue before bashing them? The thing is, there are a LOT of people, including me, on this forum that order from Eastmall all the time and have never had problems. And the few problems that have occurred were always taken care of.

But that seems to be a trend on this forum lately. People new to the forum just come in and start trashing suppliers before the supplier even has a chance to fix things. It's starting to get old....

So there was my vent!

+1.

Eastmall is very good at taking care of things. David and Ed are very sweet people!

Please give them time to sort it out before you start posting on the forum.

The packages I have ordered from them in the past (I have ordered 3 or 4 times from them) have always come slightly disheveled and sometimes missing things... but they ALWAYS credited me for anything missing or offered to send it out right away and everything I ordered has worked so far (except one thing which was recieved as a free gift). But I would certainly buy from them again and I am sure they will take care of you. Wasn't it a holiday in China recently?

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
The packages I have ordered from them in the past (I have ordered 3 or 4 times from them) have always come slightly disheveled and sometimes missing things... but they ALWAYS credited me for anything missing or offered to send it out right away and everything I ordered has worked so far (except one thing which was recieved as a free gift). But I would certainly buy from them again and I am sure they will take care of you. Wasn't it a holiday in China recently?

Yes, there was a Holiday which I believe ended on Sunday or Monday. As to the packages, we all have to remember that these things ARE being shipped from China! Can you imagine how many hands, not to mention 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles' these things go through until they reach us here in the States? Hey, did I just give a plug for a great old movie there? :D

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I had a minor issue in my recent order, a single crappy battery. Dealt with within 48 hours of reporting, have credit in my cart for next one.

I will say though, packaging could be improved slightly. Everything in one piece, but...'somewhat lucky' in that it it wasn't cushioned entirely.

Will order from again, and hope this is aken as constructive criticism - sometimes, a little more bubble wrap can go a long way (like, err, from China to the US? :D )

allure

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lake Forest,CA
    I have been around this forum since Jan. Have ordered from e-cig, epuffer, JC several times. I ordered from EM because of all your wonderful posts and I still believe customs has something to do with this.

I don't post often nor do I come here everyday, only when I need help. Sorry if I stepped on toes.

I have some issue with my order too and David a perfect gentleman solved the issue right away. He is the star supplier on this forum for doing outstanding job on fixing the customer issues. If you have been on this forum for a long time I hope you would have PM'ed David before posting on the forum.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2009
    Iron Mountain , Michigan
    Placed my order w/EM on 5/15 received 5/25 following is my email back to eastmall:
    Hi Ed;

Thank you for getting this order to me.

I marked my USPS as a partial shipment, sorry to say it was not good. When delivered to my home the delivery lady had a hard time scanning the label, we had to open and the label was wet and it appeared like one box was missing. I marked my delivery ticket as only partial order.

When I opened the box it contained many items in plastic, items not individually wrapped.

5 x 901 battery - all arrived (not wrapped) and seem to be working with one scratch and one has the light end dented.

2 x DSE901B Atomiser - not wrapped but seem to be working fine

1 x * Sale: No wrapping
    Virginia - 2 OK
    Menthol - 2 OK
    Almond - Only received - 1
    Chocolate - Only received - 1
    Coffee - Only received - 1

2x DPV9 - Not wrapped - Only received - 1 AND when I opened the hard case laying lose in the plastic it contained ONLY 2 batteries with the light end of one laying lose in the case, no cartridge.

2 x M401 Atomiser - Black OK

3 x M401 Battery - Black OK

Was so looking forward to this shipment. I did take the DPV9 out of the case and am using it. The second one I did not receive was for my Sis 400 miles away who depends on me to order for her. I am so disappointed that I do not have one to send to her.

I would love to have 25 DPV9s to sale to friends, the word is getting out that I am the one with the goods in this area. How much for this larger order and will it arrive safely? Is this a customs problem?

I did take pictures as I opened the box if you would like me to send. Right now I have to leave to help a friend.

Reply I recieved:

Cheers
    Ed.

I had a small problem, as I mentioned in another thread. Stuff happens! BUT THE MAIN THING is David fixed the problem[ bad charger] Shorted a pass thru] almost as fast as I sent a email, new ones already on the way!
    Thats superior service. I like to offer good service to the people I build a house for, and do appreciate it when I see it. Ed, David keep it up! NO
    I'm not on the payroll!
    Dave:cool:

latte hiatus

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Glad to see so many on this site believe in free speech.

:lol: Happy customers rush in to defend their favorite vendors. All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. :p

Don't let it discourage you. For one thing, it means that the supplier has managed to keep the vast majority of their customers happy - not an easy feat. ;) Secondly, the manner with which the problem is resolved in the forums (even if it is in the sponsoring vendor's own sub-forum) speaks VOLUMES about their resolution process and how people will be treated.

I'm certainly not advocating using a supplier's own sub-forum for customer-service related threads, but I like to see the occasional dispute being responded to in a reasonable timeframe and manner. It gives the supplier all the more credibility and makes me more confident in them.

Personally, I've had experience with vendors that never resolved my legitimate post-sales inquiries, even with numerous e-mails/webform follow-ups. I would usually consider airing these problems in their sub-forums, but the suppliers typically fall within two categories:
    1. They have an overwhelming base of happy customers (good sign!) that state they've had their issues resolved quickly
    2. The supplier has so many issues that they have withdrawn from the forums or aggressively "police" the threads in their own sub-forums

Thankfully, you were able to reach a satisfactory resolution and will order from EastMall again, making this a win-win. Others will see how effective EastMall is at taking care of their customers AND how many customers are willing to vouch for EastMall, inspiring them to order from Eastmall - more wins. Everyone wins (except perhaps competing suppliers)! :D

P.S. Sorry for the long ramble - I jumped in here because I didn't want anyone to feel discouraged from using the forum for the wrong reason, i.e., there are TOO many enthusiasts for this supplier (Full disclosure: I am also an EastMall zealot! ;)).

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Las Vegas Nevada
    www.diyflavorshack.com
    I LOve ED and David..... I just panic waiting...... I am waiting for my order right now.. and cant help my self placed another order..lol... they are Great,,,, they are my china FAV,,,,,not one problem in any of my orders..

fingers crossed order should be here soon....then i willl worry about the next one..lol..
    i think im addicted to ordering...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread