Shipping Poll

Should Imeo Set the Ecig Standard and Use REAL SHIPPING?

• Yes, knowing where the @#$$ my package means more than a few dollars...

• No... I like to save 5 dollars and not be able to find out where my package is.

• I would like Imeo to give us an option to use better shipping.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Er, I thought the problems mainly stem from US customs, not from Imeo's side of things...........:confused:

in general most of the ecig websites & dealers use USPS only... have you ever tried to track a package with USPS? it's total BS.

UPS and FedEx are both global, with them if your package was @ customs waiting... you'd know...

everytime i track something with USPS it's says something like "shipping info recieved..." and it still says that even after its delivered. with the others you get what city/state they're in along the shipping path, and then you get "out for delivery" when it's really out for delivery.

i can't imagine they're really that much more expensive than USPS for global shipments but any which way... i would have paid another 50 dollars to get my package here way sooner and or know where it is...

right now i have an unknown package being returned to sender for "undeliverable by address"

which i dont know if it's imeo's package or something i dont remember ordering... lol

USPS has been a total PAIN in the process of finding out, and i've spent 2 hours of my day trying to figure out what it was, and if it was imeo's...

i'm pretty sure it's not now though. THANK GOD. but hey... 2 hours of my time could have easily meant 1k lost money for my family's company. luckily this happened at a time of month & year where i can sneak some personal time in.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
looking into it more... UPS, FedEx, and DHL, the big ones here do ship to and from there, but the cost is pretty high. if he were shipping on US soil my argument would have had more solidity but seeing how a 1 pound package would be from about 50-100 bucks to ship from there to here. there might be a different shipping company that is more for global packages, at least something that has real tracking qualities...

funny thing to me is if you use the Avery online tracking i get a better explanation than the USPS website. the people on the phone with USPS said the last notification they had on it was that it was at customs in Greece. which is also a lot more than USPS said.

i think i read something about not letting Ecig products not be mailed at all in the US. which would DEVASTATE everyone on this forum that lives in the states... i'm sure there would be something like ONLY suppliers could have things shipped...

sorry everyone for posting this before i looked into things a bit more. even still, DHL looks like the cheapest route, at something like 50 for a padded envelope. which i would have gladly paid when i ordered mine. also... i'm wondering what it costs him to ship here with his postal service that goes through USPS. from this page it looks like it was 30-50 us dollars.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Courier like DHL or others are very expensive. Every package costs about 60-80 euros, that means about 120 dollars, so no way to send it like this because noone customer will pay this amount.

The cheapest method is Greek post office that charges 6 euros per package. Thats it, there is nothing else. Of course I have to find a USA supplier soon.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Courier like DHL or others are very expensive. Every package costs about 60-80 euros, that means about 120 dollars, so no way to send it like this because no one customer will pay this amount.

The cheapest method is Greek post office that charges 6 euros per package. Thats it, there is nothing else. Of course I have to find a USA supplier soon.

i now completely agree with you... sorry for the forum clutter. maybe it could be an option with whatever US supplier you choose.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Partial quote by them0nk

i think i read something about not letting Ecig products not be mailed at all in the US. which would DEVASTATE everyone on this forum that lives in the states... i'm sure there would be something like ONLY suppliers could have things shipped...

As I understand this law under debate at the moment ------

If this is passed into law in the USA there will be
NOTHING Ecig related - allowed legally to be shipped by mail services
or couriers
in or out or within the USA----

this would literally kill the ecig business in the whole USA--

how would you get your products to your customers ?????

by private car delivery??

and how the hell would you get anything into the USA in the first place??

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thats when you have to tell a little white lie Di,and call it a flashlight.problem solved.

exactly viny, thats what I am thinking too:)

Yes, Vinyl, and Sakiss,

I agree with you, if this does happen we will have a whole new underground industry, hahaha

and it will be a whole new world of innovation to get these things moving around in their fresh new disguises !!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Should make a flash light tip for them, and really you could sell them as a flash light.
I really don't think you have anything to worry about in the States with this type of hardware. It's atties and juice that are likely to be your main problem if you do get a ban. There are always ways though. :D

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
I really don't think you have anything to worry about in the States with this type of hardware. It's atties and juice that are likely to be your main problem if you do get a ban. There are always ways though. :D

Agreed, Lisa!! We will find a way to get our supplies. Some might not make it through customs but most will and there will still be underground markets in the US. However, I am gradually stocking up-just in case. ;)

Lynn

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Should make a flash light tip for them, and really you could sell them as a flash light.

LOL!!!! i had a dream about this last night...

just a tiny attachment that would light up when you pushed the button! hahaha... i'm so gonna look at how hard this would be to convert a dead atty into a flash light :-x

IMEO! you're better with electronics than i am... how cool would that be when you're looking for something in your car (well in the dark), etc...

when i first found out about ecigs a long time ago i was like omg thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Geeky. here i am uber geek (oh i so am too, you should see my computer). this would just make it that much more geek haha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread