• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shipping speed from China (vs the USA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytwofingers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I came across a post in another thread where someone in Canada ordered something from China using the slowest shipping available and it arrived in six days.

My experience so far is, shipments from the US take *at least* 2 weeks (USPS), mostly due to customs clearance, is it possible shipments from China could clear faster?

Anyone here have any experience with delivery times from China?

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Taken from "shipping information" @ HealthCabin

---"China Registered airmail generally takes 15 -60 business days to deliver package to most countries(customs). China airmail always have the lowest priority almost everywhere.I f you do not have patience to wait your order,we do not suggest you to choose china registered airmail. USA,Canada,UK 80% 15~40 business days"---

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Taken from "shipping information" @ HealthCabin

---"China Registered airmail generally takes 15 -60 business days to deliver package to most countries(customs). China airmail always have the lowest priority almost everywhere.I f you do not have patience to wait your order,we do not suggest you to choose china registered airmail. USA,Canada,UK 80% 15~40 business days"---

that is because the first post office it is delivered to drags their azz so bad,,once it gets moving it moves fast

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
recidivus, thats the thing, if your ordering bulk, most Canadian vendors will give you a break on the price and you might not die waiting for the product.

and Rolland you had me questioning my math for a second ;)

At that rate (worst case) If I order something right now, I'm looking at a date of around Feb 21 2013.

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Personally with surevapes' free shipping (NY to Toronto) I get things in a week or two, Every shipment I've had from healthcabin has been pretty close to a month with airmail. I've never used EMS or DHL.

I find if you can wait, even small orders makes sense from the US or China. If I order >$50 from Canada I'm paying $15 for shipping, which is a terrible ratio. If I order from the US or China CP gets less money and it saves ~30-50% at times. CP rates are a serious pet peeve of mine, I'd rather buy locally and get things in 1-2 days, but not if ~30% of the total cost is shipping fees.

Interesting fact I just discovered and I haven't heard of before; China's airmail tracking is terrible and the one and only update is that it left, however CP seems to pick up the same tracking number once it hits Vancouver, so I can see it's last few days. :)

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Every shipment I've had from healthcabin has been pretty close to a month with airmail. I've never used EMS or DHL.

If you really want to deal with HealthCabin, think ahead and make a nice long list, and tell two nearby friends to do the same. Go for the biggest discount you can manage, then opt for DHL..... it's worth it. And not tooooo expensive, especially when cost is shared.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Ordered 2 Vamos from Zainy on 12/31/12. Order filled & shipped via China mail 1/2/13. Arrived inthe US 1/20/13 at Bethpage, NY. Left Bethpage on 1/23/13 & arrived & processed thru Dulles, VA. Hope to see it by 1/25/13. Now anyway you look at it that is approx. 30 days.
My question is why was it processed thru Bethpage, shipped & then processed thru Bethpage AGAIN! Did they lose it?
Guess US mail isn't any better than China mail. Just closer to me than China.
USPS go figure.

louis

Update. My shipment has now been to Dulles & Merriweather, VA. & it is the 25th.
Next stop could be California for all I know.
USPS go figure.

Last edited:

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I have ordered stuff (not vaping related) from China and had it arrive in 5 business days. I just had a parcel shipped from Australia arrive in 6. Almost every shipment I have ever recieved from the US has been at least 10 days.
I always use the cheapest method of shipment.

BTW, I can only recall two parcels that have ever been lost in transit. Both were from the US.

Regzzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
NCR, Canada
I have ordered more then 30 times from China in the last 2 years (Hobby Remote control Planes stuff..) and as far as my experiences go It usually takes 6 to 10 days for registered mail, 12 to 25 days for cheapest slow post. I did get a package once in 5 day, but that is not the norm. hehe. Also, this time of year (mid to end of Jan) they have some holidays of some sort that slows downs posts a lot!

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

EDIT: This year, it's 6th to 16 Feb.. no shipping during that time.

Last edited:

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Update of may package.
#! I was in error as the town in VA is Merrifield.
The package has finally gotten to Coppell, TX. which is the last sort it has to go thru but it has not left there yet.
Sooooooo guess it will be next week before it gets here.
If it is Monday that will make nearly 1 month since I placed the order & 8 days to get it from Bethpage, NY. to Mount Vernon, TX.And the post office wants another raise in rates?
Go figure.

louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread