The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shipping speed from China (vs the USA)?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by johnnytwofingers, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I came across a post in another thread where someone in Canada ordered something from China using the slowest shipping available and it arrived in six days.

My experience so far is, shipments from the US take *at least* 2 weeks (USPS), mostly due to customs clearance, is it possible shipments from China could clear faster?

Anyone here have any experience with delivery times from China?

2. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    I have never received a shipment from china using "the slow way" in anything less than 30 days.

3. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    fwiw....I think the other post said "Air Mail"....but I just ordered something from a website, that didn't disclose products were shipped from Canada, and their "Air Mail" can take anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks...so who knows.

4. Starrlamia

Starrlamia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    i've gotten a few things from the states in about a week if that helps.

5. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    i've ordered from China many a times,,some times slow ,other times fast,,17 days was the longest time !!

ems can get it here 3-5 days faster and i am in Alaska

6. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Taken from "shipping information" @ HealthCabin

---"China Registered airmail generally takes 15 -60 business days to deliver package to most countries(customs). China airmail always have the lowest priority almost everywhere.I f you do not have patience to wait your order,we do not suggest you to choose china registered airmail. USA,Canada,UK 80% 15~40 business days"---

7. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    that is because the first post office it is delivered to drags their azz so bad,,once it gets moving it moves fast

8. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    60 business days is 3 months..... hahaha. That just ridiculous but at least the juice would have time to steep.

9. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    :facepalm:Double check your math:facepalm:

:oops:"business":oops:

10. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Maths check out? If you use a 4 week month, 20 business days, 60/20=3. Anyhoo, I don't see much reason to order from China unless you're ordering bulk, then the wait is a non-issue because you'll have enough kit to last many moons. Well, until the latest things roll out...

11. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    recidivus, thats the thing, if your ordering bulk, most Canadian vendors will give you a break on the price and you might not die waiting for the product.

and Rolland you had me questioning my math for a second ;)

At that rate (worst case) If I order something right now, I'm looking at a date of around Feb 21 2013.

12. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

From China? 14 - 30 days for me..... but DHL rocks. Ordered Friday, shipped monday, received Thursday!

13. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Personally with surevapes' free shipping (NY to Toronto) I get things in a week or two, Every shipment I've had from healthcabin has been pretty close to a month with airmail. I've never used EMS or DHL.

I find if you can wait, even small orders makes sense from the US or China. If I order >$50 from Canada I'm paying $15 for shipping, which is a terrible ratio. If I order from the US or China CP gets less money and it saves ~30-50% at times. CP rates are a serious pet peeve of mine, I'd rather buy locally and get things in 1-2 days, but not if ~30% of the total cost is shipping fees.

Interesting fact I just discovered and I haven't heard of before; China's airmail tracking is terrible and the one and only update is that it left, however CP seems to pick up the same tracking number once it hits Vancouver, so I can see it's last few days. :)

14. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you really want to deal with HealthCabin, think ahead and make a nice long list, and tell two nearby friends to do the same. Go for the biggest discount you can manage, then opt for DHL..... it's worth it. And not tooooo expensive, especially when cost is shared.

15. louis

louis Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt Vernon,Texas
    Ordered 2 Vamos from Zainy on 12/31/12. Order filled & shipped via China mail 1/2/13. Arrived inthe US 1/20/13 at Bethpage, NY. Left Bethpage on 1/23/13 & arrived & processed thru Dulles, VA. Hope to see it by 1/25/13. Now anyway you look at it that is approx. 30 days.
    My question is why was it processed thru Bethpage, shipped & then processed thru Bethpage AGAIN! Did they lose it?
    Guess US mail isn't any better than China mail. Just closer to me than China.
    USPS go figure.

louis

Update. My shipment has now been to Dulles & Merriweather, VA. & it is the 25th.
    Next stop could be California for all I know.
    USPS go figure.

16. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    I have ordered stuff (not vaping related) from China and had it arrive in 5 business days. I just had a parcel shipped from Australia arrive in 6. Almost every shipment I have ever recieved from the US has been at least 10 days.
    I always use the cheapest method of shipment.

BTW, I can only recall two parcels that have ever been lost in transit. Both were from the US.

17. Regzzz

Regzzz Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2009
    NCR, Canada
    I have ordered more then 30 times from China in the last 2 years (Hobby Remote control Planes stuff..) and as far as my experiences go It usually takes 6 to 10 days for registered mail, 12 to 25 days for cheapest slow post. I did get a package once in 5 day, but that is not the norm. hehe. Also, this time of year (mid to end of Jan) they have some holidays of some sort that slows downs posts a lot!

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

EDIT: This year, it's 6th to 16 Feb.. no shipping during that time.

18. rolandpibb

rolandpibb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    British Columbia
    V0J postal code.

From China - 7-9 days
    From the US - 14-21 days

19. louis

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt Vernon,Texas
    Update of may package.
    #! I was in error as the town in VA is Merrifield.
    The package has finally gotten to Coppell, TX. which is the last sort it has to go thru but it has not left there yet.
    Sooooooo guess it will be next week before it gets here.
    If it is Monday that will make nearly 1 month since I placed the order & 8 days to get it from Bethpage, NY. to Mount Vernon, TX.And the post office wants another raise in rates?
    Go figure.

louis

20. louis

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt Vernon,Texas
    Update. It arrived on Saturday the 26th.
    Now if I can just get the wick working on this Chid I should be fine.
    It came with 2 Vivi Novas, but they have 2.8 & 3.0 ohm coils & will probably be for sale soon as I tried this type of cartomizer 2 years ago & didn't like them.

louis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.