• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shop based retailers in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Guys,

New to the forums and to e-cigs in general. I quit smoking 14 days ago, and after 3 days of pulling my hair out from the roots, I managed to get a Gamucci Micro from a Chemist in Streatham who sold the starter kits, but not the refills.

I bought my first batch of refills from Electronic Cigarettes Boutique which was great and they turned up the next day. However I ordered some 2 days ago, and they havent even been shipped yet. As I am down to my penultimate cartridge, I am now entering panic mode...

Does anyone know of any retail shops or chemists who sell cartridges in London? Worst case I suppose I can try and order some more from anyone who promises next day delivery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Where in London are you based?

If you are desperate for juice to tide you over there may be a member close to you who could let you have a couple of mls to get you through until a web order arrives. However, you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get someone close to you with a Gammucci..... they aren't one of the main brands used by people.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Thank you for your replies! I am in Crystal Palace, South East London. Work around the Brixton Area.

Main reason I asked was because the chemist I bought from had said at the time, they could get some in, and stupidly I thought buying online would be easier.

With regards to e-juice, because I am so totally green to e-cigs, I hadn't really researched this. Going to start.

As far as I can tell the Gamucci is not very well liked. I bought this as I was able to buy it over the counter, at a point where I would have quite happily smoked camel dung to alleviate the withdrawal I was suffering :) I have to say I have had no problems with it, I would like a better draw and more vapour, but it is sufficing! My long term plan, dependant on cost is to get a titan, or I do like the look of a Janty V2.

But in the mean time I have one cart to get me through.... I've been ok at making the last for a day... I want to come of the ultra low onto no nicotine... and the ones on order are mainly no nicotine....

Thanks again....!

Jefflan

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
South Coast UK
Well if you decide to go the juice route, which I think we all do pretty quickly, I can recommend these 15% off E Liquid. Been next day with both orders I have placed and do a zero nicotene liquid. I'm sure there are many other suppliers who can get stuff to you next day and other more knowledgable peeps will be along soon:D

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Well I'm a bit too far away for you then (if you were the north end of London, would have been feasible)....however: in an EMERGENCY (if you'rethinking about going zero nic anyway), pop into a supermarket, go to the baking isle, and you'll find (along with the food colourings and flavourings) a small bottle of glycerine (it will almost certainly be Dr Oetker [sp?] brand). Buy this, then mix some with some clear alcohol (eg vodka) or some distilled water (probably around 8-9 drops glycerine to 1-2 drops vodka/water - ie just enough to thin is out a little so that it is a bit thicker than water.

You can put this in your cart and vape it to tide you over..... won't be much flavour and zero nic, but it will give you something if nothing else presents itself!

PS: Totally Wicked are ALWAYS fast delivery as well.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Thank you both! Jefflan... I think juice really is going to be what I end up doing... and your supplier if they can get it to me quick sounds perfect.

Angela... thank you! Thats great :) That should tide me over! I will do some research on juice... but basically add 3 drops of whatever I am using directly into the cart? Using a syringe/dropper thingy I presume.

Cheers!

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Oh... cool! and the stuffing pops out easily? Just hook and pull with said paperclip...

That makes life easy :)

It's totally amazing that the addiction to smoking, (seems to be at least) almost 100% in my head. I'm on the lowest nicotine carts, no problems... not a single craving for a cig. But the minute I think I'm going to run out of carts.... I start to panic... over something that isn't a real cig?!

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Well, I don't know your specific model, but I assume it's pretty similar to all the others out there and so, yes, the suffing will pop out with said paper clip!

Good luck with it all, and let us know how you get on. (PS I know what you mean about it being in your head. I can go for days on zero nic no probs, but I do like to use the higher nic liquids as well because I like the throat hit.)

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Angela

As a quick update, I just wanted to say thank you... a total lifesaver you are! Popped into sainsbury's and bought a small bottle of glycerine. They didn't have any of the tiny bottles of vodka, and since i dont drink the stuff, i bought a bottle of baking peppermint flavouring, which contains alcohol and water... and mixed 2 drops of that to the glycerine. And it works a total treat. I see what you mean about the nicotine hit though, but I don' seem to be missing it (yet!)

With regards to my supplier, they got what for on the phone today, but it seems to be a stock problem, so i substituted and they promised to post today.

Jefflan, Thank you also... I ordered a taster from your recommendation, and am looking forward to trying out the milk chocolate flavour!!

Cheers all!

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Great.... glad the quick fix is working out for you. I was going to mention about flavouring, but I didn't want to blind you with science if you weren't used to using juice at all. The flavouring you mention (with those ingredients) should be absolutely fine. If you get into mixing your own flavourings in the future, just stay away from anything with sugars or oils (and the jury is out on artificial colourings)

Happy vaping! :)

Triumph

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
UK
Can anyone offer any other shops based in london that sell e-cigs please?
I cant order online as I am on the road and dotn relly have a permanent address at the moment.

I just want to pop into a shop and buy one.
not picky at this point about the type as everyone seems to go through a whole bunch of different ones.

thanks!

Heres a map of Intellicig retailers in the UK, theres quite a few shops, but some look like they`re just distributors

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113284994560440774365.00047c92a92a07d40ee8e&ll=51.944265,0.065918&spn=4.327807,13.392334&z=7

I haven`t made enough posts to add a link :( just add H T T P :/ / without spaces to the start of the above!

Has phone No.s and addresses too.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread