Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Hey All,
So with Christmas just around the corner, I know I will be getting a lot of cash (no one in my family knows how to shop for me) and I am planning on picking up a new squonk. I have a lot of them now, so I am being very specific in what I want. Here are the criteria -
  • Budget Would like to stay under $500 USD, but for the unicorn I will go over
  • Dont care if I have to play the FB List game
  • Single Battery 20700/21700
  • dna 75C board
    • The Therion is an option, but it does not have the battery size I want, nor do I like the battery compartment design
  • I would like it to be a Box shape, not something funky or curved.
Alright Guys, let me know what is out there and if you own one your thoughts are very welcome!

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Been using my Topside with a Profile on top non stop. Its not a dna board, which at first I was a little iffy on because I love my DNA devices. I didn't buy it to have it be the combo that has shelved everything else, but it has. Plus, its only like $100 combo so you can snag one in every color at your budget.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I agree, the spade is what you are describing in your checklist. If for some reason that isn't what you are looking for, you could also check out USModz Stinger line of mods. They also check off all your requirements.

Here is an example of their mods, if they don't have any listed on their site, you can contact them and see if they have anything not listed or getting ready to be listed.

20181221_012445.png

Last edited:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Why 75c but not 250c?

Not a big fan of dual battery squonkers, plus I dont go over 45w so they are wasted on me. They tend to sit on the desk and not get used. I am looking for more of a daily carry.

I have been very temped by the drone, but I know it will just sit on the desk and only be used when I am sitting there.

Been using my Topside with a Profile on top non stop. Its not a DNA board, which at first I was a little iffy on because I love my DNA devices. I didn't buy it to have it be the combo that has shelved everything else, but it has. Plus, its only like $100 combo so you can snag one in every color at your budget.

Rebel squonker
You can get it with a yihi or dna board just in case your not sold on the dna.

Very much sold on the DNA Board. I have a variety of other squonkers and dont need one. This is a "because I want it" purchase

Thanks @Eksie @VapourFlavour & @Zaryk I will check out both the Vicious Ant & the USModz Stinger!

Reactions: Eskie

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
If you go with Vicious Ant make sure you get a spare bottle with it and if it doesn't come with a keychain spare bottle carrier then add that to your cart. Or save a few bucks and just add a cap for the bottle to your cart. Swapping bottles is the way to go with these mods. They can be filled just as easily as any other bottle but when I'm out of the house I much prefer to swap the bottle than mess with refills.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
VA mods are nice, sexy and nicely built, // have a couple of them. I agree that swapping bottles is the best way to refill as it can get messy when you are out and about.
Unfortunately, will probably not purchase another VA product after seeing a Picture post on FB of someone carrying an assault rifle and wearing/showing a VA mod and gear. Thought the pic may get mis-interpreted especially with the youth of today, and just not in good taste.
Too many good Mods these days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread