short of breathe, hard to breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas_Cobain

Dec 26, 2018
Hello everyone, i did some post about my hard to breathe when i use my vape (a minikin reborn with a drop solo rda) im ussing with 0.57 ohms, 36w (4.53 V) and i am having short of breathe, the solution i am using is simbycort but its to expensive to buy always simbycort for vaping, i think the vg is the problem, i use 70/30 vg/pg, i went to the doctor, did a lot of medical studies and they didnt find me anything, anyone who happens the same that my that have short of breathe, hard to breathing , could have any solution? (sorry if my english is not the beest)
Good day and thanks for read me.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Hello everyone, i did some post about my hard to breathe when i use my vape (a minikin reborn with a drop solo rda) im ussing with 0.57 ohms, 36w (4.53 V) and i am having short of breathe, the solution i am using is simbycort but its to expensive to buy always simbycort for vaping, i think the vg is the problem, i use 70/30 vg/pg, i went to the doctor, did a lot of medical studies and they didnt find me anything, anyone who happens the same that my that have short of breathe, hard to breathing , could have any solution? (sorry if my english is not the beest)
PG vg reaction or a reaction to one or more of the flavors

also try changing the coil material and wick

go mtl for a while

sitting this one in OP
let us know how things go

Last edited:

Tomas_Cobain

Dec 26, 2018
Sounds like you shouldn't be vaping. Sorta silly to have to take meds to be able to vape. If it were me that would be my solution.
yes i know, i think i have to quit vaping but i want to find if i have another solution withouth taking meds, and if i dont find anything i think that i will quit it :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have you tried using a MTL low wattage non-subohm setup? Maybe you can't tolerate sub-ohm vapor.

If you find you must discontinue vaping, you might try these. I use them periodically when I know that I can't vape. Works much better than nicotine gum or lozenges for me.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
yes i know, i think i have to quit vaping but i want to find if i have another solution withouth taking meds, and if i dont find anything i think that i will quit it :(

I get it's not the answer you want, but experimenting with different ratios and flavors while having to take medicine to control the airway inflammation and spasm doesn't make any sense. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is, and you just have to accept that. Anything else is just risking your health.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Were you a heavy smoker?
How many a day and For how long?
If a former smoker are you dual using?
If you quit vaping will you have to go back to smoking?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Tomas_Cobain, what coil are you using (metal and type) and also what are you using for wicking please?

Because as well as liquid, you have to consider what else you are being exposed to as well when vaping.

Also, how do you wick the coil please? Could it be too tight and you're possibly singing the wicking?

Also, what mode are you vaping with and settings please? I myself use TCR/TC/Temperature Controlled mode with sub ohm Direct To Lung vaping, it's different but in a good way. As makes things more palatable for me, as it doesn't seem as hot or harsh to me.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA

I had exactly the same problem and with the same percentage of vg. I now use 70% pg and 30% vg. Problem solved.

I realize most people have problems with high pg. In my case (and possibly yours) the situation is exactly the reverse. I speak from personal experience - not conventional wisdom.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Many people myself included have a reaction to VG that causes mild to severe breathing difficulties.
From tight chest, wheezing, heavy feeling in chest, raspy sound in lungs, shortness of breath to unable to take a deep breath up to difficulty taking a breath.

I have no issues using 50/50, my first suggestion is lower the Vg & raise the Pg.
Try 50/50 if you still have difficulties, try 60pg/40vg , then 70pg/30vg.

If you can't find a Pg/Vg ratio that elements the need for medication, under no circumstance would I continue to vape at all if I needed any medication to be able to vape.

Symbacort is a combination of a steroid and a long-acting bronchodilator for folks with asthma & COPD.

Considering all of your threads & posts deal with difficulty breathing / asthma like symptoms probably best to set aside the vaping for a while (stop) and with the help of medical professionals tackle your underlying issues.

Not everyone can vape, or should.

Hey Doc - when I do this it hurts.
Doc to patient - then stop doing that.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I had exactly the same problem and with the same percentage of vg. I now use 70% pg and 30% vg. Problem solved.

I realize most people have problems with high pg. In my case (and possibly yours) the situation is exactly the reverse. I speak from personal experience - not conventional wisdom.

Best choice, don't vape. Use other NRT's. If you can't do that for some reason:

Not all VG is created equally, it can come from many different sources. For example coconut, and some are allergic to coconuts. I've had VG that gave me hives before, switched it out, went away. Switched it back, came back. That was a long time ago.

You can try (with a rescue inhaler available) vaping some pure VG only. Or pure PG only. See if either alone trigger your issue. But do that in a safe place, heck, do it near a hospital emergency room if you feel it is necessary. Not breathing is deadly quickly.

Also eliminate flavoring completely and vape unflavored.

Also follow advice above, avoid huge clouds and try lowering nic. And also try some nic salts vs freebase nic and see if that makes a diff, but you may need to cut it or DIY your juice.

Don't over watt either. Too much heat produces "nasties" that could give you problems.

But if it's asthma...best solution is avoidance. Keep that inhaler handy along with a rescue inhaler if you continue vaping, even if you "solve this".

:2c: and best guesses. Good luck!

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Sorry to hear you're having such difficulties, very unfortunate.

If it is an allergy to either Pg or Vg, I guess you could find out by doing a juice that is heavy in either one. I know Halo does a high pg and high vg juice. They also do 7ml bottles so you would not have to invest too heavily in either one. It's worth a shot, not sure how you feel about the risk of having another episode.

Did you just start vaping, or have you been vaping a while and these symptoms just started?

I hope you find a solution.

Good luck!

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If y'all would read the OP's previous posts you'll see he's received a ton of suggestions for the same 'breathing problems' since day one and tried most everything except for a Mtl style lower watt delivery device.

Or stopping something that is causing his asthma problems to be much worse.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Hi, I went through your older posts and saw where you tried Only VG, only PG, VG + 10% distilled water, all to the same end, it kicks up your asthma. Sorry to read about your problems with breathing, and also you are in Argentina, yes? Can you get nicotine gum, lozenges or Snus where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread