• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Should I be concerned yet? Royal Mail into Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Ya I never order any liquid from overseas. Canada customs will either keep it for ever or will send it back--But i know your pain:(

Actually it's the first time it's happening to me in hundreds and hundreds of shipment, I'm just really unlucky this time!

Will tube mods and attys get delayed by customs too?

For sure it can happen but since it's much faster to test mods than liquids, it won't be held in customs for long. To test mod they just open the box, looks at the product, sealed the box and they're done. But to test liquid, they open the bottles, use special devices with a few ml of the liquid to find something illegal, it's a much slower process.

krackpot

May 27, 2015
For sure it can happen but since it's much faster to test mods than liquids, it won't be held in customs for long. To test mod they just open the box, looks at the product, sealed the box and they're done. But to test liquid, they open the bottles, use special devices with a few ml of the liquid to find something illegal, it's a much slower process.

Thanks, that is good to know. I have a tube mod coming from CDV and was worried they might turn it around.

Camebeloc

Moved On
Dec 6, 2014
Toronto
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

hav0c

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Canada
"Silliness..I say"

Theres NO need to order from outside Canada

Why pay extra costs to ship, duties, broker fee's, and customs waits

When there's PLENTY of great Canadian vendors

Normally I completely agree but I was unable to find a squape in stock in the US let alone in Canada.

Reactions: jwroths

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
"Silliness..I say"

Theres NO need to order from outside Canada

Why pay extra costs to ship, duties, broker fee's, and customs waits

When there's PLENTY of great Canadian vendors
O-rings, cotton, wire, coils, RBAs, replacement glass/steel tanks to name a few things.

I refuse to pay 2-10x more for parts in Canada then from Fasttech. Also, from China... free shipping and almost never duty, tax or brokerage fees.

From the U.S. there may be HST. Rarely other fees unless your order is shipped UPS (I won't order anything from the US unless shipped USPS).

I buy a lot of vaping gear from local B&Ms (6 mods and 7 tanks/RDAs alone in the last month), but I won't pay an unreasonably higher price for something I can order from China or the U.S. for substantially cheaper. Case in point, a Reuleaux RX200 is $80-100CAD here and $39USD in the states. To me that is unreasonable. $25CAD for a pack of coils I can buy for $9-10US? That's unreasonable.

YMMV.

Reactions: jwroths

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Since i was living in a couple countries in Europe before i came to Canada, i can say one thin. Canada Post is a worst mailing service i have came to know in my entire life, period.
At least the one that operates in Edmonton, Alberta.
Half of my orders so far were packages small enough to fit in a mailbox, but post man decided to drop it of to a postal office anyway. I guess it was faster for him to write down the paper then to put the package in the box lol. One time he even left the item in a postal office on the other side of the city, i had to ask my boss to let me go 2 hours before my shift ended to go and pick up that package. Absolutely unbelievable. Anywhere in EU postman will call you or knock your doors, but i guess not in Canada.... Now i rather pay for UPS couple bucks more but i have a piece in my mind knowing they will contact me before delivery or we can arrange pickup in postal office of my prefference...

Is it just me or has it gotten even worse since CP stopped tracking on international packages. I'm waiting on a order from FT form November... track from Singapore post to Canada then gone. No e liquid, only some coils and Christmas gifts....thanks for that CP :mad:

Also packages with signature required are just stuffed in my mail box all the time.

As for shopping in Canada I do but as BreSha6869 said when the mark up is 10x and the shipping cost is $17 plus for me it a no brainer to shop outside Canada.

Now if CP would get it act together and HC smarten up it would make my life easier.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Is it just me or has it gotten even worse since CP stopped tracking on international packages. I'm waiting on a order from FT form November... track from Singapore post to Canada then gone. No e liquid, only some coils and Christmas gifts....thanks for that CP :mad:

Also packages with signature required are just stuffed in my mail box all the time.

As for shopping in Canada I do but as BreSha6869 said when the mark up is 10x and the shipping cost is $17 plus for me it a no brainer to shop outside Canada.

Now if CP would get it act together and HC smarten up it would make my life easier.
you should tell ft so u can get a refund or reshipped.
you should receive shipments max 8 weeks, if not submit a claim w/ft pronto

Reactions: BuddJohnson
you should tell ft so u can get a refund or reshipped.
you should receive shipments max 8 weeks, if not submit a claim w/ft pronto
Yes I have. FT has taken it up with Singapore post which takes up to 60 days to investigate. It has already past that. So I hope soon to get a refund.
I have done many orders from China and U.S. I have had around 5 packages returned because of e liquids. So far I have always got a refund or had it reshipped and received it. I have to say all and all I have been impressed with the service I have received from China and any problems I have had it has always been CP or HC fault.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
i ordered nic from mvs from the states w/fedex, customs seized and destroyed it(afaik) and never got any refund since it could not be returned, that was about 18mnths ago.

as for batteries its more todo w/safety via shipping methods than customs not allowing entry.
as of now, mar 14/2016, ft seems to need to find another shipping company, blog post on ft:
"Most of the battery packages has been delivered by Sweden Post and if i have right then one of the recent shipment got blown up. Because of that Sweden Post has been stopped delivering batteries and FT need to find another service. "
correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:
I haven't had any order any battery's for some time. the last time form FT they were shipped with Hong Kong Post, I think it took 8 weeks to arrive.
Just took a look and your right FT has no way to ship batter's. Hope it doesn't take to long I need to order some soon.
I always found it funny you can get a starter kit with battery's or a mod with built in no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread