Should i buy an eleaf istick 20w mod without the accessories or the the accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
I've already placed an order for eleaf iStick 20W from fasttech.com, and I didn't know the package contained only the mod. Along with it I've ordered Aspire K1 BVC and some juices. I didn't know that eleaf istick package only contained the mod and not EGO adapter and charger etc. Also I would like to know if the Eleaf iStick can be charged with a normal cell phone USB cable? So should I buy the Eleaf iStick complete kit with accessories or should I just buy an EGO adapter. Please find the links of the products below.
$21.67 Authentic Eleaf iStick 20W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 3-5.5V / 2-20W / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - Eleaf iStick 20W just the mod.
$28.30 Authentic Eleaf iStick 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 3.0-5.5V / 2.0-20W / Euro plug adapter / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping- Eleaf iStick 20W with accessories.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3005/10003955/1284600-510-to-ego-adapter-convertor-for-e-cigarette - EGO adapter

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I've already placed an order for Eleaf iStick 20W from fasttech.com, and I didn't know the package contained only the mod. Along with it I've ordered Aspire K1 BVC and some juices. I didn't know that eleaf istick package only contained the mod and not EGO adapter and charger etc. Also I would like to know if the Eleaf iStick can be charged with a normal cell phone USB cable? So should I buy the Eleaf iStick complete kit with accessories or should I just buy an EGO adapter. Please find the links of the products below.
$21.67 Authentic Eleaf iStick 20W 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 3-5.5V / 2-20W / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - Eleaf iStick 20W just the mod.
$28.30 Authentic Eleaf iStick 2200mAh Variable Voltage / Wattage APV Box Mod - 3.0-5.5V / 2.0-20W / Euro plug adapter / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping- Eleaf iStick 20W with accessories.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3005/10003955/1284600-510-to-ego-adapter-convertor-for-e-cigarette - EGO adapter
Welcone to ECF!
Any USB phone cable will work. You will need the EGO adapter. You will also need replacement coils. You may soon discover that you need two mods because you'll want something to vape while your other mod is charging.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Welcone to ECF!
Any USB phone cable will work. You will need the EGO adapter. You will also need replacement coils. You may soon discover that you need two mods because you'll want something to vape while your other mod is charging.
He'll also need something to vape on for 3-5 weeks (depending on OP's location) during the iStick's trip from China....

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
Welcone to ECF!
Thank you very much. I have ordered Eleaf iStick 20W, Aspire K1 BVC and some 1.8 Ohm replacement coils. I'm in a real dilemma now since someone on some other forum advised me to go for Eleaf iStick 30W because it supports sub-ohm vaping and steel threading. It only costs 2 $ more than the 20W one. I have never vaped before and this is my very first kit. I don't know the significance of sub-ohm vaping. If you could be kind enough to help me decide and explain the significance of sub-ohm and regular vaping, I would really appreciate it.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thank you very much. I have ordered Eleaf iStick 20W, Aspire K1 BVC and some 1.8 Ohm replacement coils. I'm in a real dilemma now since someone on some other forum advised me to go for Eleaf iStick 30W because it supports sub-ohm vaping and steel threading. It only costs 2 $ more than the 20W one. I have never vaped before and this is my very first kit. I don't know the significance of sub-ohm vaping. If you could be kind enough to help me decide and explain the significance of sub-ohm and regular vaping, I would really appreciate it.
I think your choice was fine for a first kit. Once you decide vaping is for you then you can get other units. It's always good to have backups anyways. :)

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
When did you order? Has it shipped?
The 20w is not the best ever model but it will work. Forget the 'subohm' element just for one moment... it does 20 watts with an atomizer over 1.0ohm which is perfectly good. I used on with a 1.2ohm atomizer only 2 days ago... at 16w.
I had ordered it on 24th August and it hasn't shipped yet. I would like to know if I cancel the order before it gets shipped, would I still receive a full refund? I have ordered using the gift certificates.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had ordered it on 24th August and it hasn't shipped yet. I would like to know if I cancel the order before it gets shipped, would I still receive a full refund? I have ordered using the gift certificates.
If you cancelled, you would be given credits or a refund.
I have been shopping there for 4 years and never asked for a refund. I just use the credits.
In fact, I get credits on purpose to buy items that are only available using bitcoin.
If it hasn't shipped... maybe it said "ships in ? days" next to it. If you were to order another one (a different one) you might have to wait a long time all over again.

Aniket Sabarad

Aug 29, 2016
If you cancelled, you would be given credits or a refund.
I have been shopping there for 4 years and never asked for a refund. I just use the credits.
In fact, I get credits on purpose to buy items that are only available using bitcoin.
If it hasn't shipped... maybe it said "ships in ? days" next to it. If you were to order another one (a different one) you might have to wait a long time all over again.
The shipping is held up only because of iStick. It is scheduled to ship on 10th Sep. So if I cancel it now will I get store credits immediately so that I use them to order immediately? The FT website says shipping is free but still is charging 5$ for shipping to India, why is that? And what is your review about Eleaf iStick 30W? Since it costs only 2$ more and supports sub-ohm vaping and has a steel threading.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
On the website, when I looked (just now) it seems the 20w and 20w are both "ships in 7 days"...
This means if you cancel, you will lose your 20w and have another 7,8 (?) days to wait.

If it was *me* I'd keep the one you have ordered and plan to buy another one.
Hundreds of us bought the first iStick then bought the 30w later on. We then had two of them!
Both mine still work. :)

I can't remember if the mod only comes with the eGo-510 adapter.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The shipping is held up only because of iStick. It is scheduled to ship on 10th Sep. So if I cancel it now will I get store credits immediately so that I use them to order immediately? The FT website says shipping is free but still is charging 5$ for shipping to India, why is that? And what is your review about Eleaf iStick 30W? Since it costs only 2$ more and supports sub-ohm vaping and has a steel threading.

Gosh.... so much to say.
The 30w IS better.
10th of September is not good enough... there is no explanation....
$5 to India seems very unfair, but I do sometimes pay for different shipping options.
Yes, you would get an instant credit.
Ideally, if you get used to using this store, you should avoid putting items in the basket which do not ship for many days.... but as you said.... if they charge you $5 it's not such an easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread