The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

should I clean my janty atomiser?

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by DeviLFisH, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DeviLFisH

DeviLFisH Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2008
    :confused::( gee recently hard to draw even using manual switch

seem like hard to heat the atomiser.

atomiser is working cos I using auto still got vapour just that I have to suck and suck than draw but vapour still abit

even using fresh cart connected to usb battery .

2. ned Zeppelin

ned Zeppelin Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2008
    uk
    Some of mine have acted like this .so I send them back for replacements. I find after a couple to three weeks use they tend to act like this. Where there isn't as much life in them as when new and harder to draw from .sometimes you think there's some sort of blockage. But this seems quite a common problem which I get to.

3. yo han

yo han Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2008
    the Dutch mountains
    I regularly clean them under the tap using luke warm water. Always put on some liquid before you start using it again though. A dry atomizer burns through very quickly.

4. phildo

phildo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2008
    Iowa, USA
    I've been cleaning my janty yentl atomizer with good success. I've had it for right around a month now and its still going strong...and I was having the same problems you have had.

First I use a small, round tupperware container with a lid. I fill it about 3/4 of the way with a 50/50 mixture of hot water (as hot as I can stand to touch) and white vinegar. Drop in the atomizer and agitate for about 5 minutes...I usually move the container in a circular motion...so the atomizer spins around inside like a centrifuge type motion. Then, let it sit for about 30 minutes. Take it out, rinse under hot running water again, blow dry with a can of compressed air, redrip with liquid and it goes back to being golden again. For me, it gets rid of any draw problems, the burnt taste...works great for me. I might have just gotten a rock solid atomizer...but who knows...can't hurt to try it out.

5. freddo

freddo Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2008
    UK, middlesex
    i found that the janty atomizers are very very sensitive, and they burn out quicker than dse901 atomizers.. i dunno if anyone else feels the same way

6. lordmage

lordmage Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2008
    Dundalk,Maryland, USA
    according to the new mini i got with manual it say no cleaning is needed and if you have to use purfied unperfumed achool to clean and it list the atomiser as a part to clean with it

7. MagusSteele

MagusSteele Super Member ECF Veteran

Before you try cleaning, just blow through the battery end, it might just be a bit of gunk in there.

8. rock

rock Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I have the same problem. When I first got the Janty Kissbox I was really happy how much smoke I got, now its giving me less smoke. I blew it out and still the same.

9. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    If it's not because it's flooded, too dry or wet then you need a new one, time to use that warranty.

10. Helle

Helle Full Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I am totally in "panic"...
    One week and the atomizer gone dead?? I have tried to clean it, even if it did not look dirty in warm distilated water and then blowdried it. Still it simply soesn't work. Changed battery, switch and cartridge - nada works...

I have right now smoked my first cigarette in a week (very dissapointed of myself) but I cannot help it...

Is there ANYTHING else I can try to get the atomizer to work??
    Would be VEY HAPPY if you guys have any advise for me

Helle :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.