• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Should i even bother trying to control myself???

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Should I even bother trying to control myself?

One month and 22 days off analogs and already......

I'm on my 7th kit starting with Apollo analog lookalikes and now on egos, with a joyetech 510 and 510-T, two Elipse kits, and a Janty Neo in between, an EVO on the way, a stainless steel Lavatube ordered, in line for a Genesis Line SS, and ALSO a Line V2 (cuz I didn't know the diff between the two...the SS doesn't have windows so I got on the list for the one that does too...and I will take take both once PM'd to pay), just got ten more Stardusts, 2 DCT tanks, 1 more with stainless caps, a bunch of pre-drilled cartos, a 510 to ego adapter, a spacer cone (not even sure why I ordered the last two other than "I might need them one day"), about 30 syringes, spare empty bottles, and more juice that I can vape in 6 months, PLUS a new order for 70 mils of crystaleliquid's RY4 which is great. And there's more that I've forgetten to mention! I don't really care to stop this ordering binge cuz it's fun and OMG who knew that Vape Mail was so exciting! And....I don't even think of analogs anymore. Not at all.

So? Do I even try or just enjoy the ride? :)

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
Lol I'm about two or three days behind you analog free and have caught the shopping bug, bad! Lol. I've given myself a play and experiment budget. I decided, hey, I don't smoke, I deserve it! But once that's exhausted I'm determined to see the financial gain in this too!

Congrats on stopping the analogs! Best of luck with the ordering binge lol.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I blame the ECF for my compulsive spending. If I wasn't addicted to the ECF, I wouldn't know about all the newest & greatest gear. After 4 months, my break-even date is now Aug 6th. At this rate, I'll never break even but I don't care. I'm healthier & smoke free finally after 25yrs - that's gotta be worth something.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I blame the ECF for my compulsive spending. If I wasn't addicted to the ECF, I wouldn't know about all the newest & greatest gear. After 4 months, my break-even date is now Aug 6th. At this rate, I'll never break even but I don't care. I'm healthier & smoke free finally after 25yrs - that's gotta be worth something.
No ....!!! I can't stay off this site. But on the other hand, I couldn't have made it without this site.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
If you're spending more than a quarter (which is even a very generous amount) of your income on this stuff, then yeah -- you need to slow down... Really... Before you become homeless. All the Stardusts and juice in the world won't put a roof over your head and food on the table.
Thank God, and a lot of hard work, the money isn't an issue. It's just ordering stuff on speculation of what I may need in the future for equipment that I don't even have yet lol.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I was going to post a question just like this one last night, only I haven't actually bought anything yet. Just filling up wishlists and wishing I had cash to add everything to the cart :D
Easy solution. Just get the the most expensive one on the list and skip all the ones you're going to keep buying until you talk yourself into the one you really want. Trust me. It'll be a lot cheaper. When I started I couldn't even imagine wanting a unit the size of a cucumber and now I'm waiting like a mental case for it to be shipped. And still....I haven't entered what some here refer to as "the Holy Grail" zone. Provari, Darwin, GG and the like. I look at the fact that they cost so many times more than Lavatubes etc.and talk myself out of it. And I know, in the end, I'm gonna get one, if not all of them anyways! Measure your obsession, and if it's severe, suck it up and buy the best one that you can afford that's on your wish list, cuz you're going to anyways sooner or later. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
Started on an eGo-T, moved up to a Lavatube, and now I just decided to skip everything else...

My black satin Provari V2 with Blue LED is almost here, I can't wait.

Have I splurged? Yes...
Have I spent MORE than I would've on analogues at this point? Yes...
Would I change anything? HECK NO!

I should start to break even around the 10th of next month, and from there it will all be saved cash, now that I will have a Provari nothing else really is striking my fancy, maybe at the 6 month mark I will buy a Reo/Grand and give bottom feeding a go.

Other than that I LOVE these Boge SR cartos and with the Provari it will just be heaven. I already feel 10x better than I did a month and a half ago smoking a pack of cigars a day, and wouldn't change a thing.

Ryan

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
I am an addict, and I'm proud to be one. The money is no question to me when considering what I used to spend, and that most things gain... if not retain their value somewhat in the mod world. Today I looked at all my gear and what I use daily and thought to myself do I need anything else??? 2 hours ago I made an order and now I'm trying to purchase a silver bullet! hehehehe

I am well within my spending limits monthly until I get a new house and have to up the mortgage payments 1000$ a month (srysly?arrrghhh!). Not looking forward to that but at least I can think about my dedicated pv shelfing unit in my basement, with pull out drawers and a garage style tool chest that I can roll around the basement for my juice and attys. Lately I have been my putting juice in plastic containers that you can adjust the sizes for and hanging them up by nails so its like a display case! Kinda like how people show off their spoon collections :) Easy to pull down + read from my chair and also works good as a multi juice shaker! :)

I just thought of a great idea tho. I need to build my credit so I can be approved for a mortgage. I don't have bad credit... Just no credit since its been too long for anyone to care about my old loans. This house is under my gf's name.Now that I have this habit I should start using that credit card for all of my vape purchases since I am obviously addicted and do not plan to stop. This also reminds me that I need to pay my cell phone bill!

Vape more, build credit! But most importantly! Pay your bills!

Last edited:

Kevofar

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Wasaga Beach, On
I went crazy for the 1st few months. Almost conviced my wife that I should go back to analogs or she was gonna leave me. She still smokes BTW. But thanks to the giveaways on TVN and being broke I was able to stop. Now that I work for a vendor and get supplys at great prices I find my collection growing again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread