should I give smok one more chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRapidPro

May 26, 2019
Hi everyone and greetings from the planet earth. A month ago my smok vape pen 22 broke down after 1 week of use and after cutting it open extremely carefully, expecting a bigger battery, only to get greeted with a very small (smaller than the AAA battery size) battery and bubblewrap to keep the battery from shaking and fill the inside because they made it much bigger than the space the battery needed, to make it look more of a "quality product" so I threw it away properly, looking for a new *kit*. I ran into smok mag kit and the x priv kit, thinking that what I need is high wattage, good flavor and a replacable double battery *kit*, these products seemed to have what I need, at a nice cost. Do you think I should give smok a new chance? Do you use smok mag or x priv? what are your thoughts about it? Is it durable? For how long have you been using it? Is it worth the 89 dollar price tag in my location? (vapes are expensive here) what are the chances of me getting a counterfeit unit and how can I understand if it's fake or not? Even if I got a counterfeit, how much of a money would I lose? sorry for bothering you with this many questions, thank you :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Greetings from Venus. Even here we try to avoid Smok products. And $89?? Where on earth are you located? At that price you can have the pick of decent gear that will last you longer than a week.

Sure, most Smok stuff works, but the failure rate is generally higher, and other manufacturers have better reputations on QC. As to counterfeits, there is a scratch off label that allows you to check authenticity on the manufacturers site.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Greetings from Venus. Even here we try to avoid Smok products. And $89?? Where on earth are you located? At that price you can have the pick of decent gear that will last you longer than a week.

Sure, most Smok stuff works, but the failure rate is generally higher, and other manufacturers have better reputations on QC. As to counterfeits, there is a scratch off label that allows you to check authenticity on the manufacturers site.
Yes there are places on Earth that charges us this kind of price. Here in Brazil a single pod device can cost us something around 300 reais, Or something like 90 bucks. Because of that we only buy gear when in a trip or via black market.

PS: in Brazil to vaping is strictly forbidden, so we only have black market options here. Which means, by all accounts, SMOK products mainly [emoji17]

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I had one Smok product, way back when I first started vaping and didn’t know any better. It’s the only device I’ve had that shorted and could have started a fire had I not been sitting right by it, and seen it smoking.

That was enough to put me off the brand. There’s no way I’d risk legal penalties for it. Just my opinion.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Hi from Solitutopia, another well know planet for having amzing dacshunds dogs and BBQ Wings, as others stated even on my realm their products are well known for being faulty, poor quality control and worse customer care, despite that is curious that i have had several pen mods like Stick V9 max, Stick prince and some xpriv mods and attys without having any weird issue, they all feel to much crappy, plastic, cheap.... thats all, well i cannot tell that anything from them has broke with me or in my hands, but i have to tell that i have taken apart several mods and pens from the brand... cheap and low quality thats all, most of them could be repaired, sometimes just no,

I guess is gonna be better if you take a second watch on vapes and vapes stores near you and maybe come back with other models and better brands, for that price tag you could make a better investment on quality hardware that might last longer and perform so much better!

:2c:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am going to guess you are in a country where it is hard to get vape products but I really can't in good conscience recommend a "good" smok mod. Some of their tanks are okay but as you saw by cutting one open, it's not the greatest idea. Can you get your hands on anything else/?

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I also cast a No vote like everyone else. They are just not worth the price.

I will also let you know that the mag is one of their worst when it comes to quality, so avoid it especially. The small plastic piece (that replicates the magazine release) that holds the battery tray in the mod tends to fail rapidly rendering the device useless. This is a very common issue, you can find lots of complaints about it all across the internet if you want to look into it. I know a few people that had this happen within just a few weeks of owning it.

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
Hi from Solitutopia, another well know planet for having amzing dacshunds dogs and BBQ Wings, as others stated even on my realm their products are well known for being faulty, poor quality control and worse customer care, despite that is curious that i have had several pen mods like Stick V9 max, Stick prince and some xpriv mods and attys without having any weird issue, they all feel to much crappy, plastic, cheap.... thats all, well i cannot tell that anything from them has broke with me or in my hands, but i have to tell that i have taken apart several mods and pens from the brand... cheap and low quality thats all, most of them could be repaired, sometimes just no,

I guess is gonna be better if you take a second watch on vapes and vapes stores near you and maybe come back with other models and better brands, for that price tag you could make a better investment on quality hardware that might last longer and perform so much better!

:2c:

He's essentially up the junction since he lives in some country where they throw you in jail for smoking or vaping, or cut off your hands while caning you or whatever...
Can I visit your planet for the BBQ, btw? ;)

Reactions: HigherStateD

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
He's essentially up the junction since he lives in some country where they throw you in jail for smoking or vaping, or cut off your hands while caning you or whatever...
Can I visit your planet for the BBQ, btw? ;)
totally, we have bronto-wings, bigger ones! and amazing beaches...
:rickroll:

well i dont know how is OP situation, but maybe online shopping could help too, is another alternative when you live on certain places with difficult market options,

Regards,

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There's a saying that comes to mind...
"Once bitten twice shy."
Here's another one:

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another." --- SMOK

Try to find a Geekvape Aegis Solo mod and any of the following mouth-to-lung clearomiser tanks.

Innokin Zlide
Innokin Zenith
Aspire Nautilus​

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
totally, we have bronto-wings, bigger ones! and amazing beaches...
:rickroll:

well i dont know how is OP situation, but maybe online shopping could help too, is another alternative when you live on certain places with difficult market options,

Regards,

Wow, I was looking for a new bronto-wings place!! Lol With the heat reaching 90deg here with the same in humidity, the thought of any beach is painful. Like a big frying pan, ack.

He may get in worse trouble buying online though. Think Midnight Express, they'll accuse him of being a vape smuggler!

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
Here's another one:

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another." --- SMOK

Try to find a Geekvape Aegis Solo mod and any of the following mouth-to-lung clearomiser tanks.

Innokin Zlide
Innokin Zenith
Aspire Nautilus​

I love my Solo, it's the Reliable Beast! Have to try my Naut Mini on it. Have it on an Endura T22 mod, which was the first starter kit I bought to quit smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread