Should I go with cartos or cartidges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally with the two options you listed I would go cartos. With normal carts you have a 3 piece system with an atomizer that if it fails you are forced to buy a whole new piece. Carto's aren't meant to last as long and if they fail you aren't out as much, you can just get out another and you're good to go. (Assuming you are using prefilled)

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
JMC,
From their website, it looks like the Veppo uses cartos. Until you can find out what 'model' the Veppo is, you may have to order cartos from them. My first ecig was a 21st Century and though I've looked around, I'm still not sure what model ecig this is. I chalked this up to experience and ordered a 510 kit.

[edit] Sorry JMC, just looked more closely at the Veppo website, it does use an atomizer :oops:. But still until you know what model this ecig is based on, ordering attys or cartos from another vendor may be difficult.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Use both atomizers (for dripping on manual batteries with a drip tip) and cartos for juices you know you want to vape a lot. I can get 4-7 days use out of a carto, and sometimes 2 weeks with a Boge carto.

You don't have to get a 2-piece to use cartos. You just need to buy a very popular threading so there are blank cartos available. I recommend 510 threading (Joye 510, Joye 510 w/ mega xl batteries, or the fat battery model Ego or Riva 510) or KR808D-1 threading (which is a 2-piece also by Vapor4Life.com which has nicer colors and prefilled cartos, and can use a DSE901 atty for dripping if you get a manual battery which is safer to drip on).

Whether you use prefilled or blank cartos you need to put juice int hem and keep them damp or you could singe them and then it's not cost effective. 510 has few decent prefilled cartos. KR808D-1 has a good number of prefilled ones.

CHOOSE MANUAL BATTERIES

And don't buy a random "name" model on the web - no matter what model it looks like

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Get yourself a Riva ego from Liberty Flight for $30 and a couple boxes of cartos that you can easily refill. Batteries last a long time, 8-10 hours, great vape and good warranty.

There are many other pvs available that are equally good. But since you've already spent a great deal, this is a way to get an inexpensive, reliable kit that will last for quite some time.

JMC

Apr 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the above suggestions, I will certainly check them out. I wish I had known about this forum before I bought an off brand. I did get it working again by cutting the foam a little smaller and and cutting a slant on the bottom of it. But I still will buy one of the above. Just trying to figure out what I want in a kit. Some are not manuel, which is what I want. And some come with the usb stuff that I am wery about and don't think I need. I guess I could just buy the ecig with the two batterys and the rest separate.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Well, the Riva ego is $30 for the whole kit. It's less expensive to buy it that way. Batteries are I think around $12-15 each. The kit comes with two batteries, a wall charger, carts & 2 attys. The only other thing you'd need would be some cartomizers which is what I prefer but not necessary. It's cheaper to get the kit than separately.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Liberty Flights Riva 510. 20% off you get it for just under 30 bucks.
MadVapes Boge 510lr blank cartos. 9.00 pk of 5. Buy two packs. Should last 5 weeks or more. Just top them off every night.
This combo gives you great taste, vapor and dependability. There are devices that work better in one area or another but overall, this is the best, trouble free, most satisfying combo you can buy for the money. IMO

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Liberty Flights Riva 510. 20% off you get it for just under 30 bucks.
MadVapes Boge 510lr blank cartos. 9.00 pk of 5. Buy two packs. Should last 5 weeks or more. Just top them off every night.
This combo gives you great taste, vapor and dependability. There are devices that work better in one area or another but overall, this is the best, trouble free, most satisfying combo you can buy for the money. IMO

i second this advice

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
Puresmoker has BOGE 510 cartos $1.49 each (5 would be ~$7.50) they also have ego (in 5 colors) kits for 49.99 (comes with a free 6ml of juice) and their shipping is $5 flat rate. I got me ego from them and their customer service rocks!

Edit: they have both SR and LR cartos that are $1.49 each

live2ride96

Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Orland Hills, IL
Personally, I totally recommend cartos to anyone new to vaping, cuz there's no hassle with them. THEN, once they're off analogs and more used to vaping, they tend to be more open to trying different things. I vaped a KR-808D for almost a year before deciding I didn't need something that looked like an analog. I'm currently happy with my ego, but I'm trying all kinds of different things, and am strongly considering a REO mini. I suggest starting with cartos, and then experimenting from there. Hell, I still keep an extra Ikenvape 2.0 ohm carto with me everywhere, in case what I'm currently "trying" fails on me.

JMC

Apr 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Get yourself a Riva ego from Liberty Flight for $30 and a couple boxes of cartos that you can easily refill. Batteries last a long time, 8-10 hours, great vape and good warranty.

There are many other pvs available that are equally good. But since you've already spent a great deal, this is a way to get an inexpensive, reliable kit that will last for quite some time.

I went to Liberty Flight And saw different types of Rivas but not Riva egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread