Should i import a provari from the USA to England

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So, i've been doing a lot of searching for a stainless steel provari v2.5. Found one on a british site but has the blue led. I cannot find a stainless steel provari v2.5 with a green led anywhere except from provapes usa site. I really want the green led, and to be honest i don't want to buy a provari if i'm not happy with the specs. So, given the fact that i will be charged vat etc when it arrives in england the final cost should be about £190. I'm not trying to save money by importing so do you think it's worth the trouble to import a provari ?.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
So, i've been doing a lot of searching for a stainless steel provari v2.5. Found one on a british site but has the blue led. I cannot find a stainless steel provari v2.5 with a green led anywhere except from provapes usa site. I really want the green led, and to be honest i don't want to buy a provari if i'm not happy with the specs. So, given the fact that i will be charged vat etc when it arrives in england the final cost should be about £190. I'm not trying to save money by importing so do you think it's worth the trouble to import a provari ?.

LED color means nothing to me.
Sounds like it means a great deal to you and don't want to buy one without the green led, your not trying to save money by importing one,,, answered your own question.

If a Provari cost double what they do I'd still buyem.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Personally, I would be concerned with any future warranty / repair issues. Perhaps you could ask this UK-based ProVari vendor to special order what you want... They have none in stock right now, and may be placing an order for more soon.

Provape Provari - We are the UK's Biggest Distributor of Provari Ecigs.

This is what caught my attention:

We hold a comprehensive stock of both the standard size V2.5 and the ProVari Mini V2.5. In addition we are able to offer UK based warranty support, and in the unlikely event of problems we can normally resolve any issues within a couple of days, including replacement if necessary.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Personally, I would be concerned with any future warranty / repair issues. Perhaps you could ask this UK-based ProVari vendor to special order what you want... They have none in stock right now, and may be placing an order for more soon.

Provape Provari - We are the UK's Biggest Distributor of Provari Ecigs.

This is what caught my attention:

I understand your point, being they provide support. Just, they've sold out. I will be keeping an eye on that site though. Best to get one from a vendor that provides the same support that provape do.

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You never know you may be lucky and not get charged VAT. So far I've had at least 12 orders from the USA that are over the VAT threshold and only paid charges on about 5 of them. Sometimes they slip through un-noticed ;)

True, sometimes parcels do get through customs. Got to expect all the added charges though just in case. Imagine it gets held up at customs and i don't have the money to pay the charges.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Yah. I'd get the local store to order for you too. I'm not sure Provape will ship overseas even if they have a Distributor there already? May want to ask them first.

Provape do ship overseas. Yes i'd prefer to buy locally, it's about the after sales service i'm a little worried about. Though i don't expect any provari that i may buy to pack up on me, that's what i'm hoping. Notice in a previous post there is a british vendor that provides after sales support but at this moment in time they don't have a single provari in stock. That's the real problem at the moment. Seems to me that every local vendor i've looked at don't even stock a stainless steel provari with green led. I asked liberty flights if they would consider ordering me one and they practically said no. Found a vendor today that has a satin black with green led, to be honest i'm a little tempted.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
True, sometimes parcels do get through customs. Got to expect all the added charges though just in case. Imagine it gets held up at customs and i don't have the money to pay the charges.

They normally release the package to Royal Mail who will put a slip through your door saying we have a package which requires a fee to be paid. The only problem is RM normally charge you £8 for this service (on top of the VAT).

The classies on here is a good idea though, I got mine second hand :)

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Off Topic

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I just bought a Mini from the classies here on ECF (watching the tracking # lol) ... it has the blue LED (which I don't understand why provape charges extra for).

could you not avoid VAT by buying used from classies here on ECF?

I paid approx 1/2 price vs new for a Mini V2.5 that is only 2 months old :2cool:

I'm not a verified member to use the classies. Ermmm, i think if a parcel comes here from overseas then customs normally check it out. It also has to have all the correct documents otherwise all kind of problems could arise. I have been researching how everything works when importing items from outside the E.U. It's quite complicated depending what's being imported, whether it's a gift etc, all kinds of variables. So, if, for example, i did get a provari from the classies and the seller was from the usa then all the import charges would apply. Unless it got through under the radar so to speak, it can happen. But i'd have to be prepared for the charges just in case.

I don't understand why it costs more for different colour L.E.D's either. It costs an extra £30 here ($49), standard.

Watching the tracking, oh god, yeah, it's like a compulsion, i know what you mean ,lol !.

This will freak you out. If i owned a provari that i'd bought from the usa, you know, imported, then it broke, so i sent to provari to get it fixed, when i arrives on the shores of britain, customs would treat it as if it was something i'd just bought and charge me all the importation fees. Strange but true. God knows how much it could cost me to get a provari fixed by provape. Again, all the handling fees charged by the couriers etc. Then trying to explain to customs that it had been sent to be repaired, just madness !.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
  • Deleted by classwife

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'm not a verified member to use the classies. Ermmm, i think if a parcel comes here from overseas then customs normally check it out. It also has to have all the correct documents otherwise all kind of problems could arise. I have been researching how everything works when importing items from outside the E.U. It's quite complicated depending what's being imported, whether it's a gift etc, all kinds of variables. So, if, for example, i did get a provari from the classies and the seller was from the usa then all the import charges would apply. Unless it got through under the radar so to speak, it can happen. But i'd have to be prepared for the charges just in case.

I don't understand why it costs more for different colour L.E.D's either. It costs an extra £30 here ($49), standard.

Watching the tracking, oh god, yeah, it's like a compulsion, i know what you mean ,lol !.

In my experience it's very rare that parcels get stopped at customs. I used to sell a lot of clothing on the internet a few years back as part of my Business, shipped plenty to the USA, as well as importing clothing. Most items from China tend to be marked as a gift with a value under the VAT threshold, some parcels from the USA have been the same.

I wouldn't worry about the package being stopped for lack of paperwork though. Provape are an experienced company and will have all the necessary docs in place for exporting.

Let us know what you decide to do about the Vari, you won't be disappointed with it :)

Stalking the tracking site is all part of the fun ;)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
They normally release the package to Royal Mail who will put a slip through your door saying we have a package which requires a fee to be paid. The only problem is RM normally charge you £8 for this service (on top of the VAT).

The classies on here is a good idea though, I got mine second hand :)

It can get held up at customs for weeks though before they send it to the royal mail. It's hit or miss as to whether customs even pick it up, it could pass straight through. But, in the worst case scenario, is it really worth importing a provari from the states to england ?. I'm beginning to think not.:)

Edit : Actually, having thought a little more about it, i've changed my mind, i am going to get it from the usa. Watch this space !.

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
In my experience it's very rare that parcels get stopped at customs. I used to sell a lot of clothing on the internet a few years back as part of my Business, shipped plenty to the USA, as well as importing clothing. Most items from China tend to be marked as a gift with a value under the VAT threshold, some parcels from the USA have been the same.

I wouldn't worry about the package being stopped for lack of paperwork though. Provape are an experienced company and will have all the necessary docs in place for exporting.

Let us know what you decide to do about the Vari, you won't be disappointed with it :)

Stalking the tracking site is all part of the fun ;)

You know i was wondering how much customs would even care about it actually. I only found out about the vat thing when i read it on provapes site. I didn't realise i would have to pay anything extra just for a single item like a provari.

I'll post the results of my purchase in the coming weeks.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I just bought a Mini from the classies here on ECF (watching the tracking # lol) ... it has the blue LED (which I don't understand why provape charges extra for).

could you not avoid VAT by buying used from classies here on ECF?

I paid approx 1/2 price vs new for a Mini V2.5 that is only 2 months old :2cool:

that's unusual, IME,,,,I looked for used ones, and they were almost as expensive as new ones! Resale value on used Provaris is phenomenal,,,,,,,which is great,,,,,,if you're selling a used Provari :lol: But it's the reason I chose to go new,,,,,not worth the tiny bit of savings to get used as opposed to new.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
  • Deleted by classwife

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL