Should I let my my non-smoker cousin to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenZacker

Jul 16, 2015
One of cousins saw me vaping and he found it cool so now he too wants to start doing it. Since he hasn't even smoked before, I don't want him to start vaping because I'm afraid that he might get addicted to it. I do not know of any non smokers who vape, so I was wondering if vaping is safe for my cousin?:confused::confused::confused:

What should I do. Should I let him vape? Which flavours/brands should I suggest him so that he didn't get addicted?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Well.. The only part that could be argued as "addictive" in an e-cigarette is the nicotine, and that is often contested on whether that's addictive at all (some people believe it's strictly the other chemicals in cigarettes that make it addictive, others say that nicotine itself is an addictive component).

If he only gets 0 nic juice, he won't be exposing himself to any potentially addicting substance.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    You seem "concerned".......... This is indicative of a possible issue of guilt......... Since none of us knows the long termed health risks associated with vaping then it all boils down to if YOU believe that it is safe. If you truly believe that it is a safe activity in the long term, then you will feel no guilt from introducing the person to vaping... On the other hand if there are some subtle reservations in your mind about it potentially being harmful then later on you may develop a guilt from introducing vaping to the person. So, you have to decide what you personally feel about vaping's health effects.

Personally, I always err on the side of caution and if it was me I would steer them away from vaping and tell them to get their knowledge from someone else. This way if it is ever proven to be harmful then you will not have to carry any guilt around.

Last edited:
    Reactions: DenZacker

DenZacker

Jul 16, 2015
    Well.. The only part that could be argued as "addictive" in an e-cigarette is the nicotine, and that is often contested on whether that's addictive at all (some people believe it's strictly the other chemicals in cigarettes that make it addictive, others say that nicotine itself is an addictive component).

If he only gets 0 nic juice, he won't be exposing himself to any potentially addicting substance.

Thanks for the great tip! Can you please suggest me some good brands that provides 0mg nicotine juice. :)

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2013
    AR, USA
    www.myretrolounge.com
    I'm surprised no one has asked how old he is. If he's not a smoker and 18 or older, he can probably do as he likes. If he's under 18, I don't think I would.

Same thought I had... the way the the original post is written, good bet they are a minor. If not, who cares.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2015
    Eastern NC
    One of cousins saw me vaping and he found it cool so now he too wants to start doing it. Since he hasn't even smoked before, I don't want him to start vaping because I'm afraid that he might get addicted to it. I do not know of any non smokers who vape, so I was wondering if vaping is safe for my cousin?:confused::confused::confused:

What should I do. Should I let him vape? Which flavours/brands should I suggest him so that he didn't get addicted?
    No

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    If your cousin is over 18, but you have concerns about introducing him to vaping, maybe you should share those concerns with him before supporting his interest. As a former smoker, I am very comfortable that vaping constitutes harm reduction for me, but that doesn't mean that it's harmless. We just don't know for certain. There's evidence that some flavorings can actually be harmful. And, as habits go, it can become an expensive one.

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    That's a tough one.
    EVEN though he/she won't get addicted to nic there's the habit you can get addicted and of which it can be harder to get rid off than from nic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. I started vaping 4 1/2 years after quitting tobacco because I was going nuts. Not for nicotine (I vape 0%), but for the motions/ritual of smoking. I do it to simulate the experience, not the drug.

So if the very experience of smoking can be addictive, without regard to nicotine addiction, I believe that vaping could be addictive in the same way. Look how many people are filling up the hookah and vape bars.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread