Should I Squonk or Should I Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO
I've been thinking about getting a squonk mod lately. Dripping has never appealed to me, too much work, lol. I do build coils and wick, usually around .5 and vape between 25 and 30w.
Have always used RTAs, can go several hours between refills. I like DL.
So my thoughts are get a Pico Squeeze to start, would rather have a regulated mod, but they are still a little over priced. Looking at a Pulse 22 for a rda.
Would this setup work for my style of vaping?

Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: stols001

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
The squeeze is a direct output mod, so it vapes like a mech. You won't be able to set it to your desired wattage and just vape there. They have it regulated to 50 watts. So, if you wanted to vape between 25 and 30 watts, you would have to build at around .59 ohms, and switch your battery out at around 3.8 volts. If that works for you, then you should enjoy it. If not, you might want to look into one of the regulated wattage squonkers.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
If you are okay with unregulated, the Pico Squeeze is a fantastic little mod. I've owned 75+ squonk mods, more than a few were in the full on custom, high dollar category. With that said, I keep two Pico Squeezes in my daily rotation and they see more use than just about any BF mods I've owned.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
What is the advantage of a squonk over a RTA?
They each have their own pros and cons. That being said, with a squonker your juice is stored away from the atomizer where it doesn't heat up as you vape. 2. You control the flow of liquid to the wicks as opposed to relying on the tank, so whereas with a tank where you might like the flavor but it wicks too fast or slowly giving you leaks or dry hits that's a deal breaker. With a squonk atomizer, that's not an issue.

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO
Thanks to all for the info!
Looks like I will order a Pico and a Pulse 22 to go with it.
Looking forward to how it works, hope to get that fresh primed hit multiple times between wicking.
How long can you usually go before needing to rewick? I realize type of juice has a lot to do with it. I can get a Kanger OSS to last a week, but the last couple days the flavor tends to get muted.
With builds on my Kayfun 5 I only get two or three days between rewicks.

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
My best decision was to stop smoking and start vaping. My second best decision was to buy a dripbox 160 and throw a Dead Rabbit on it, put in SS fused clapton coils and run in TC mode. It's perfect for me. I'm going to give a dna 250c squonk a try but other than that the days of searching for my perfect vape are over.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks to all for the info!
Looks like I will order a Pico and a Pulse 22 to go with it.
Looking forward to how it works, hope to get that fresh primed hit multiple times between wicking.
How long can you usually go before needing to rewick? I realize type of juice has a lot to do with it. I can get a Kanger OSS to last a week, but the last couple days the flavor tends to get muted.
With builds on my Kayfun 5 I only get two or three days between rewicks.
It depends heavily on how gunky your juice is. I would say somewhere between every 2-7 days generally. There are people who simply rewick daily as a matter of course though.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
How long can you usually go before needing to rewick?
That is very subjective. As you mentioned it depends on the juice, but the atomizer, build, and personal taste play into it as well. You'll probably get similar times to your tanks. It's just a little quicker and easier to rewick a dripper.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I love the look and price point of the squeeze. It's just the 50 watt limit that killed it for me. If you like a 50 watt vape though, just build at .2 ohms and you'll get the same vape from full charge to dead battery. It would be an awesome mod if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread