The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Should we keep this group going?

Discussion in 'Oregon Trail Vapers' started by lorikay13, Jun 17, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I am kinda suprised we have not had more action here...I thought for sure Portland would have a "scene". It's really sad....I was driving home from NV a couple weeks ago and met a girl at a truckstop in Idaho...she was there looking at the e-cigs because there was no where to buy them in OR.

Anyway.....should I just go ahead and close this group?

2. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Bummer. Where are all the Oregonians on ECF?

3. lmrasch

lmrasch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Oregon
    I'm here and there are a few others....I just keep forgetting to check the forum for any new activity :).

There are a few of us in the Portland area that are looking to have a small meet...if anyone is interested, please pm me. I'll also post a new thread.
    Thanks ~ Lanette

4. SailCat

SailCat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Beaverton, OR
    Let's make an effort to keep it going. How's this for renewed interest?

I'll do my best to get some more fresh faces in here!

I'm all for a meet ....

5. Big Chiefer

Big Chiefer Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Bend, OR
    Hello fellow Oregonians. I'd like to join the Trail forum. Anything special I need to do?

6. Caution

Caution Full Member

May 25, 2010
    Wilsonville, OR
    I would be interested in a gathering of some sort.

7. Ed W

Ed W Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm a temp Oregon out of Washington here for the winter. Weather here in Brookings is allot better than in Spokane Wash

8. VAPETRESS

VAPETRESS Full Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Portland OR
    :confused:Very quiet here. Where are all the Oregon vapers? Now that I have my basic batteries and chargers I'm looking for a local supplier I can just drive to and pick up my supplies. I hate ordering them online, then having to wait for them to arrive. I live in Beaverton. Anyone know of local suppliers?

9. Caution

Caution Full Member

May 25, 2010
    Wilsonville, OR
    The only stores I know of that carry any e-cig stuff in Beaverton are:

The Hot Box, which sells overpriced 5ml bottles of juice and Blu Cig refills
    Tony's Smoke Shop, which sells an e-cig made by Randy's.

It's been a few months since I was in either place looking for e-cig stuff, so they may have improved their selection.

82nd Avenue Tobacco and Pipe also sells an e-cig, but you only get one unit and not much else.

10. Zal42

Zal42 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Oregon
    Don't close the forum! I just found it! I'm in Eugene. Any other ducks here?

11. robo2000

robo2000 Full Member Verified Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Wa
    I just found it too please keep it open. Would love to meet up with fellow vapors. Though I'm still a noob.

12. logrus

logrus Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I'm too busy riding my fixie bike and publishing a zine, and my free time is taken up by shopping for 2nd hand clothes at Buffalo Exchange and home brewing beer.

13. Rosa

Rosa Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    Beaverton, Oregon!

LOL!!! rofl :)

14. LastoftheBreed

LastoftheBreed Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Oregon, USA
    Egads, and to think I moved to this crazy state by choice... ;)

15. drIpping&driving

drIpping&driving Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2010
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I've been vaping since May 2009. If anyone wants to get together, chill and talk about vaping let me know and I'll try to throw something together I just moved back here from Arizona where its completely known. Happy Vaping!

16. aleyahevers

aleyahevers Full Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Medford
    Im from Ashland Oregon! Any southerns here?

17. ZeldaKitty

ZeldaKitty Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Yes, it seems there are not many of us vapers here in Oregon, but now there is one more - greetings everyone!

Thanks for the info on local suppliers, Caution - I've been looking without success so I can stop paying so much in shipping costs! Popped into my local head shop in Portland to check it out - the lady was very nice but told me the owner had briefly carried some e-juices but had "thrown them out" due to lack of interest . . . boo, hiss!

If the Oregon Trail Vapers decide to have a meeting I'd definately be interested! Is it OK if I bring my Blu? Just kidding . . . I'll bring my new Vapor King KR808D1. . . It's pink and I'm dying to show it off!!!!

18. samuraijill

samuraijill Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Oregon High Desert
    Ha! Keep Portland Weird

19. Marb

Marb Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I've found a few shops that carry a some e-cig juices - a couple on SE Division (one being Still Smokin) and one between Vancouver and Camas. Trust me - whatever you're paying in shipping is going to be a LOT less than anything the shops are selling and you'll have a better selection with the online venders. By purchasing some of my stuff local though, I'd like to think I'm creating more awareness and supporting local businesses... but honestly it's the procrastination-thing. The only reason I really buy from these shops is due to my procrastination and suddenly realizing I'm going to be dry before an order arrives.

I've found that the smokeshop going-rate for e-juice is right around $1/mL - so doing the math, it almost always comes out cheaper ordering online - even with shipping (unless you pay extra to overnight it).

Madvapes 5x10mL sampler pack using cheapest shipping: $17.98
    Local shop's 20mL (tried most, they all taste "off" to me): $19.95
    EDIT: Almost forgot the local mall kiosk's prices...
    Mall Kiosk 3mL: $14.95
    Yeah, I prefer online, but hate waiting, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.