Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hola! So I have a vision tox vv w the changable sizes which I love, but i really wanted one of those stainless lava tubes. Ordered it today from apollo, in the regular size. But then put out a notice in the reg forum that the colored ones were back in stock at apollo, and someone asked if the stainless was good, or that paint on veneer stuff. That got me wondering, and none of us have seen photos. So if you have one... pretty please, could you let us see it?

also, is it a veneer? Can you tell?

any issues with chipping? thinking i might have to coat it with a durable clear or something

and last.. are the caps still black plastic? Hoping not.. that would kinda suck.

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
Stainless steel, not the silver? If it's actually steel, you should be able to polish it. Also, I would assume the endcaps would be silver and the button white, like the silver one.

Went to Apollo's site and saw this:

NOTE: The stainless steel version of vtubes is not in stock yet (probably by 3/19). We are taking pre-orders.

This should be fun. Could be ushering in a new version? Maybe?

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh boy, am i irked. It gave me the chance to order, took my money, and didn't tell me there was a 9 day backorder! lol But yes, to answer your question, Lobos, definitely stainless. The silver one is powdercoated, like the black and reddish one. Stainless separate and $5 more. The thing is, we don't know if these are actually fabricated in steel (which would be awesome!) or is that metal plating stuff. Bummer if its the plating. And thanks for the note from the site! That wasn't on earlier. I'd have been wondering what the heck the delay was on shipping. ;)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh yes, please do, master! I was doing the same... refreshing like a madwoman on the 10th. I haven't even gotten shipping confirmation though, so guessing yours will show up before mine. And you saw that message that says the steel aren't expected at apollo till thurs, right? You might have gotten in when they still had a few, or something, but didn't want you to be alarmed if your deadline blows by, and you still don't have it. It wasn't posted when I ordered mine, either, but someone pointed it out to me a few hours later. Bummer. And yes, whenever you do get it please post photos. I will do same, but I use camera phone, so chances whatever you take might be better all the way around. ;)

VPC

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
USA
FWIW I spoke with Dave (ext 104) today from Apollo to cancel my order (2-27-12) for a SS mini Lavatube with Apollo untill I know for sure the tube itself is all stainless steel. When he asked why I am canceling I explained this to him and that I want wait till they come out to make sure the tube itself is also all stainless not just a SS veneer of coating over the aluminum tube part. Dave said the tube itself was solid stainless steel. So I said ok then I won't cancel my order but if it turns out its not I will be returning it. So I have to believe what he is telling me at this time that is SS.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Thank you so so much VPC!!! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm so thrilled that its' solid stainless! For me, that's definitely worth the extra $5! And I won't even gripe about having to wait another 20 or 30 days for it to how up. Its especially welcome since litecigs is refunding my money, rather than letting me wait for the corrected head for my new Vision Tox vv. That's good in some ways, since I don't want to be out the money, but bad in others, since I really do need a functional vv, and if the tox is not going to be it, the Lava tube is my main PV, not just a backup. So the Stainless Lava tube will be a thrill when its shows up. ;)

VPC

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
USA
Orachel no problem, but until I see it for myself then I will be 100% sure that is. I didn't know if I should post my above post because if he is misled or something I wouldn't feel good about posting this and people ordering them for what I posted if they did turn out not to be SS.

So if someone wants to call Apollo and talk to Dave it would be good/cool and to post back in this thread what I am saying he said is backed up.

Last edited:

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
So, according to that little blurb, the release will be somewhere around 3/31 and it's an all new version. I'm at least as interested in any changes to the electronics as I am to the steel. Fun times.

NOTE: The stainless steel version of vtubes is not in stock yet (probably by 3/31). We are taking pre-orders at the moment at the current price but may need to increase it a bit later. Sorry for the delay or confusion! This is a completely new version of vtube and is indeed in stainless steel (not coated or painted) for both the body and the end cap. We are doing our best to push the release of this stainless steel version as early as possible. If you placed an order for this version and do not want to wait, please contact our customer service dept and we will refund you. Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread