148abdcdf7b496c25b694a9589028f9d_278426_lrg.jpg

866f3f7fe460a37f2c8c8faf1ceb1d77_307295_lrg.jpg

Last edited:

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
@bmays. Give me a bit and I'll try to get up some more pics. And, the grommet, yes it's clear, just the camera makin it look dark..;)

@sissylala - If you look inside the center hole below the threading, there are 2 holes that vent out to the outer well. This is the cause for the airy draw. I believe their function is to vent leaks, floods out the outer well. (A bigger issue with attys, less with cartos.) Because there is threading on the outside of this center section as well, all I am doing screwing something down on it to block those holes.

I'll try to get up some more pics, but hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
@sissylala - If you look inside the center hole below the threading, there are 2 holes that vent out to the outer well. This is the cause for the airy draw. I believe there function is to vent leaks, floods out the outer well. (A bigger issue with attys, less with cartos.) Because there is threading on the outside of this center section as well, all I am doing screwing something down on it to block those holes.

I'll try to get up some more pics, but hope this helps.

It totally helps hbclub. Im following your progress enthusiastically!

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Now thats what I thought yall were talking about. Somehow I thought hbclub had that as well as something else in there. I was wondering how he managed to get two items in there at the same time.???

How many threads does that adapter seem to be grabbing when installed?

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
OK, Hbclub. can you post pics of these UN-installed for me. Sorry to ask. I'm a pretty bright guy;) but I'm having trouble pickin up what you puttin down there. Thanks:toast:

The first pic shows nothing screwed onto the well ego threads, the ego(kgo in this case) cone that I cut in 2 pieces, and the ego thread cone/cover.

P4280005.jpg

The next shows with the ego thread cover screwed in. The lip of this cone/cover sits above the top of the tube.

P4280003.jpg

And the last shows the cone piece I cut and screwed in. Sits just below flush with the top.

P4280091.jpg

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
ajohnson... thanks SO much for the hookup to the battery thread! I need 18650s, 18350s, 18500s, 14500s, all in IMR high drain, plus a Xtar WP2 6 channel charger (though I think I'm buying that at a vape shop) and a multimeter, and I haven't found one single place that has all of the batts, let alone the rest. I've checked everything from Super T to orbtronic, Amazon and Deal Extreme in China, and I've checked about 20 vape shops on top of the major outlet places... And I just refuse to get stuff from 3 places. lol Anyway, THANK you. That was driving me around the bend.

As for air flow... I have 2 'shorty cones' that I got ages ago to cover ego threads. Actually, they might have been marketed as 'thread covers'. They don't fit very well, as they're loose and slippy up the carto, but they do the job. The draw is just about perfect on a resurrector 1.7ohm single coil since they've been making the draw too tight on those lately, but with other stuff, I'm putting the shorty cone on there. Isn't ideal, but I'm hoping someone pops up with exact specs of what works perfectly and looks good, and then I'll order whatever mystery product that turns out to be. lol Hoping for something that actually fits down there, but doesn't slip around, and is removable when I decide I want the airy draw.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And I just refuse to get stuff from 3 places.

I find that my BIGGEST issue with vaping. I have searched for well over a year to find a supplier that has most everyting I need. I cant! I wind up ordered from 6 diff places and spending a lot in shipping just to get what I need.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
hbclub... you should start selling those, hon! lol I don't have the tools or the knowhow, but you found the perfect solution! If you can get one done and worth your time for under $7-$10, count me in. ;)

And yeah, ajohnson, that totally just brought back some memories for me. rofl Thanks for the blast from the past.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I have ego shorty cone I use on my kgo's, but it doesn't fit on the vtube threading. The top of the cone is too small so it won't thread on.

mine won't thread on either, but it fits down there just fine, and works great on reducing the airy draw till I get something that'll stick in place. Its not ideal, but hell... what is. lol

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Thanks ajohnson13....I had that thread saved but forgot all about it. Thanks

Oh thank the lord. He has everything I need in the AW IMR. The prices aren't quite as low as some I've seen, but I know the AW brand really is superior, and he's got all the sizes I need. Noone happens to have the multimeter he sells, do they? I think its a Cen-Tech, but can't see the part number. Its bright red with red and black probes. Wondering about the quality on that, since it looks a heck of a lot more simple than others I've seen. I found another well reviewed on amazon, but its close to twice the cost. I found out, we actually OWN one, but 9v batt is dead, and only way to open it to change it is to remove back screws, which are embedded way down into the plastic, and have been tightened so far that noone in my household can budge the damn things. Driving me nuts to replace something I own. Noone has any handy tips on loostening crazy screws, do they? ((crossing fingers))

Dom C

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Plantation, Florida
Nope, they were just oddly high IMR, I'm almost positive. They were like $19 each.. i'm almost sure they were IMR since I was ruling the other ones out. Of course my memory isn't the greatest, so I might be wrong. I've been on a mad crazed quality batt/quality charger hunt since I got scared off the regular protected batts last week. Wait a sec... now i'm not sure I understood what you meant. Are you saying the ones making the gap were regular protected batts, or the super high mah 18650s are regular protected batts? lol

edit... Ok, my bad.. they were the 2000mah AW IMRS... the wonderlite ones. I saw 18650s higher than that, but the highest IMRs i saw were the 2000s. Sorry for the confusion! lol About 3 days ago, I didn't quite even understand what the difference was. Been on a cram session since then. ;)

I know you posted this in the other thread but I didn't want to talk about another vendor in Apollo's thread. I just got the 2000 mah AW's and the xtar wp2 II charger you were talking about from clouds of vapor and they have all of the other batts you were asking for except 18500s but they have 18490s which ive heard are pretty much the same and can be interchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread