Status
Not open for further replies.

finelines

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Greensboro NC
PTMK, I think it looks great. You are braver than I. Good job.:)

Okay, here are my last 2 sticks naked. I have 2 wraps coming and will decide which 2 out of 4 to wrap for awhile. For those of us that still love carto tanks...they work amazing on these sticks.:)

Oh my! I so want to do something like this but I don't have a clue where to start!!
Absolutely love this!!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Oh my! I so want to do something like this but I don't have a clue where to start!!
Absolutely love this!!

There is a lady on etsy who makes these kind of wire wraps for tanks. I have 2 of her wraps so far, and they are really good quality. She is very easy to work with and will customize them to any color or charm that you want.

I'm sure if I had the time and the tools I could figure out how to do it, but since I have neither I'm glad that there are vendors who can help me get my bling on!

finelines

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Greensboro NC
There is a lady on etsy who makes these kind of wire wraps for tanks. I have 2 of her wraps so far, and they are really good quality. She is very easy to work with and will customize them to any color or charm that you want.

I'm sure if I had the time and the tools I could figure out how to do it, but since I have neither I'm glad that there are vendors who can help me get my bling on!

I'll have to find her. Like you I just don't have the time to do this but absolutely love...love...love.
My 2 iSticks (1 blue and 1 fuchsia) with my nautilus mini are screaming for some bling! :laugh:
Thank you!!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
I'll have to find her. Like you I just don't have the time to do this but absolutely love...love...love.
My 2 iSticks (1 blue and 1 fuchsia) with my nautilus mini are screaming for some bling! :laugh:
Thank you!!

f26f872a389cc1331640ca68cce8088e.jpg

I know what you mean!! My silver istick feels left out!!

e61454415d988cda63f169746c2783d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
That's a riot...guess who I work for!!!! Bought our company after it was owned by the same family for 120 years.

Sears sells a bright pink rollaway double stack tool chest btw... my hubby keeps sayin I ought to buy it and drive the boys crazy at the shop. I really hate the workcenter I've been on lately, maybe I should do it!!!

I would do it if for no other reason than to make a statement.:D

Oh my have some new faces here! Hello everyone!

You guys, oh wait I mean gals are doing some killer new things!

I am still holding strong on the istick...but my cat ladies have a question the little sparkly wraps around your nauti tanks are those stretch toe rings? I love the little bling!

Yes DS...they are stretchy rings.;) I love them!:)

Hi finelines-the site is vape bling. I don't know how to post a link but maybe someone will come along and help out.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
My other color combination didn't come out as planned, but hey, this was fun. And being my first try for the time being.
Loving the arts and crafts right now. Thanks girls!
View attachment 389680

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Still think it looks cool!!!! I love the red gold & silver!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
My other color combination didn't come out as planned, but hey, this was fun. And being my first try for the time being.
Loving the arts and crafts right now. Thanks girls!
View attachment 389680

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I think they are pretty, cool & funky looking. Glad you enjoyed it & your hard work payed off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacqui

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Try the Vintaj Patina paints - they work great on metal. They don't have any transparent colors - but their opaques are really nice. I use them sometimes instead of enameling on copper :)

Thing is, most nail polishes won't adhere to anything, it's just enamel. There are some epoxy paints in a can that will do a much better job. When choosing, read the label. Aluminum is mostly impossible to paint, everything will slip out, even after priming the surface...
Been painting boats most of my life, I'm sick of paint...

Jacqui

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Alcohol inks are great to play with. Did this with the alcohol inks and sea sponges :) clean your mod with rubbing alcohol, tape off the areas you don't want inked, - put gloves on - the inks will stain your skin :) dab the colors on, let them dry, and then seal with Krylon clear coat :) If you don't like it - you can remove it with rubbing alcohol before you put the clear coat on .

IMG_20140927_163919389.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread