Showing off my Grand with my new matching Glow Tip:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
jgd-albums-my-vaping-gear-picture83710-a.jpg

This is a Trippy Helix Glow tip. It looks better in person.... and fits and matches my Grand perfectly!

Had to share my vaping happiness.....:)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
It will look much cooler once I get the purple door on my Grand. And I plan on getting an ALL blue glow tip for this mod eventually.... and I'm going ti inlay it with purple gems to match the door. I can't wait to start making vaping-related jewelry/art!

Still trying to get a trippy tip in general. Those things are hard to come by. Tried to get one in the last sale but failed horribly. Anyways, you might be able to find a purple door in the swap thread on the other sub-forum. The anodizer that Rob uses right now doesn't do any purple. So, those are kind of rare right now but, I'm sure someone would trade you. Or you can see if anyone is willing to sell you a door.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Still trying to get a trippy tip in general. Those things are hard to come by. Tried to get one in the last sale but failed horribly. Anyways, you might be able to find a purple door in the swap thread on the other sub-forum. The anodizer that Rob uses right now doesn't do any purple. So, those are kind of rare right now but, I'm sure someone would trade you. Or you can see if anyone is willing to sell you a door.

Rob is in touch with me and says he might have a purple door for me in about 2 weeks or a bit less.

I had to trade to get this Trippy tip... I miss out on the sales too! I try but never get one in time!

I'll keep my eyes out for a purple door but purple seems to be in high demand...I think rob will come through eventually:)

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin

Just out of curiosity, where do people post Reo gear for sale/trade? More in the Reo forum or the classifieds? I suppose I could post in the "wanted" section too..... never thought of that!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks for the great advice!:) I think my Grand would looks so much cooler with a different colored door..... since I've never seen them make teal, purple was my second color choice. I LOVE my Grand.... it's the mod that provides me with the freshest tasting juice, with a great range in voltage. I started by wanting to vape at 6 volts all the time but have learned that many of my more delicate flavors taste better at the 3.7 voltage range. It's so easy to switch out bottles/batteries....and I don't get the flavor degradation I get from tanks. I want a mini or a Woodville next:)

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Great to hear and I'm sure he will. Seems like his anodizer is finally able to do purple for him. That is a fairly popular color and it's kind of rare these days to find one that is available. That's mostly through the classifieds though.

There is supposedly a sale going on tonight for trippy tips. Says, that the server has been fixed too which is great. Hoping to get one when I log back on tonight. Anyways, I always miss out on the sales. Get the email after the sale has been over but, I have hope on my side this time LOL

Rob is in touch with me and says he might have a purple door for me in about 2 weeks or a bit less.

I had to trade to get this Trippy tip... I miss out on the sales too! I try but never get one in time!

I'll keep my eyes out for a purple door but purple seems to be in high demand...I think rob will come through eventually:)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
No problem at all, glad that I could help a little. It's always good to have options and there are quite a few REOnauts that have multiple doors to switch things up. Glad to hear that you like your Grand. It's a great mod that you don't have to worry about the battery life or juice for awhile.

Actually haven't tried 6V on my Grand yet. Since I'm content with LR and 3.7V. It's pretty easy to change the level of heat with a simple switch of an atomizer. More delicate, fruit, and dessert flavors do well with 1.8 or 2 ohm atties since they aren't as harsh on juices.

Mini's are great if you want a stealth vape. Or that you don't vape that much like I do. Only vape around 3ml a day and really don't need anything more. 18490's are great as well since you get more battery life and the size is somewhere in between a grand and a mini. Oh, the VV Woodville's are coming out really soon. So, there's a great change to get one.

Just remember to log in about 15-30 minutes before the sale and have your F5 button ready to go. Last sale the server was flipping out for 10 minutes. Luckily I got what I wanted though.

Thanks for the great advice!:) I think my Grand would looks so much cooler with a different colored door..... since I've never seen them make teal, purple was my second color choice. I LOVE my Grand.... it's the mod that provides me with the freshest tasting juice, with a great range in voltage. I started by wanting to vape at 6 volts all the time but have learned that many of my more delicate flavors taste better at the 3.7 voltage range. It's so easy to switch out bottles/batteries....and I don't get the flavor degradation I get from tanks. I want a mini or a Woodville next:)

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
No problem at all, glad that I could help a little. It's always good to have options and there are quite a few REOnauts that have multiple doors to switch things up. Glad to hear that you like your Grand. It's a great mod that you don't have to worry about the battery life or juice for awhile.

Actually haven't tried 6V on my Grand yet. Since I'm content with LR and 3.7V. It's pretty easy to change the level of heat with a simple switch of an atomizer. More delicate, fruit, and dessert flavors do well with 1.8 or 2 ohm atties since they aren't as harsh on juices.

Mini's are great if you want a stealth vape. Or that you don't vape that much like I do. Only vape around 3ml a day and really don't need anything more. 18490's are great as well since you get more battery life and the size is somewhere in between a grand and a mini. Oh, the VV Woodville's are coming out really soon. So, there's a great change to get one.

Just remember to log in about 15-30 minutes before the sale and have your F5 button ready to go. Last sale the server was flipping out for 10 minutes. Luckily I got what I wanted though.

Funny you should mention this. I'm in the process of possibly trading out my Grand for a 18490... and as soon as more minis become available I'm hoping to get one. I used to vape at higher voltages but have found my juice preferences tend to work best at 3.7... but I don't mind having the options for both. That being said, I've noticed since getting my new 3.2 AW batts that I'm still vaping at 3.7 most of the time! It takes awhile to find your sweet spot and as much as I like the kick of high voltage it just doesn't jive with my more delicate flavors as well as the 3.7 does. But that's just me:)

What does the f5 button do??? You don't just add your item to a cart and pay? I've never bought a NEW Reo from the site.... so I'm totally ignorant to any tips/tricks when it comes to a buying frenzy:unsure:

I know I never got a Trippy tip when Bert had sales... I had to trade to get mine!

Thanks.. I appreciate any tips with this stuff:)

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Your gonna love the 18490 Woodville. It's a great size and there aren't any that are going to be made for a little bit. Which combo is it? There are plenty of mini's left. You can ask Rob if there is one in particular that you want. He'll let you know when it's available. Also, he does a great job in re-stocking mini's now at days. REO's used to be really hard to get and you basically had to fight for one.

Anyways, that's totally understandable. A lot of juices work better at lower voltages. Any higher and they either taste burnt or have no flavor at all. Finding your sweet spot is what really matters. Once you find it then everything else isn't as appealing.

REO sales can get pretty hectic when it comes to new models gets released for the first time. The VV REO sale is going to be crazy and that's for sure. The F5 button just refreshes the page. So, it makes it easier to know what's available. Sometimes the website gets stuck and it helps to refresh it.

Although, once you get what you want into your cart. Then pay immediately before someone beats you to the punch. It's not as bad as other sales I've seen like for trippy tips. Which was just plain disappointing IMO. Don't even wanna comment on what I though about that sale LOL.

And no problem at all. I always enjoy helping out when I can.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Your gonna love the 18490 Woodville. It's a great size and there aren't any that are going to be made for a little bit. Which combo is it? There are plenty of mini's left. You can ask Rob if there is one in particular that you want. He'll let you know when it's available. Also, he does a great job in re-stocking mini's now at days. REO's used to be really hard to get and you basically had to fight for one.

Anyways, that's totally understandable. A lot of juices work better at lower voltages. Any higher and they either taste burnt or have no flavor at all. Finding your sweet spot is what really matters. Once you find it then everything else isn't as appealing.

REO sales can get pretty hectic when it comes to new models gets released for the first time. The VV REO sale is going to be crazy and that's for sure. The F5 button just refreshes the page. So, it makes it easier to know what's available. Sometimes the website gets stuck and it helps to refresh it.

Although, once you get what you want into your cart. Then pay immediately before someone beats you to the punch. It's not as bad as other sales I've seen like for trippy tips. Which was just plain disappointing IMO. Don't even wanna comment on what I though about that sale LOL.

And no problem at all. I always enjoy helping out when I can.

The one I'm hopefully getting has a cocobolo body and ebony door.... it's gorgeous. I have a friend letting me try out mini an a standard first, to make sure I don't like the standard more.. she doesn't want me to miss out on the sale if I DO like the Woodvil standard. But I honestly think a smaller Reo is more my speed and would be easier for me to use. The Grand is just too big for me to carry around during the day.... I have two kids and I like to keep a unit on me for moments alone when I can take a quick vape. Neither My Grand OR my Buzz Pro are good fits for that situation.... so I end up using one of my many old tanked Riva 510s since they're so easy to hide in a lanyard around my neck or in my pocket. Eventually I DO think I'll want a mini too....I'll keep my eyes out for any for sale on ECF and I'll let Rob know I'm interested. My birthday is in late APril and I wanted a new mod for my birthday... it would be great if a mini were available around that time:)

F5 refreshes? Wow, I never knew that! Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll be passing on this next sale but if minis ever become available I'll be there...especially a mini woodvil. The more I see them, the more I like the look of the natural wood... and he uses some beautiful wood varieties/combos!

I love these Reonaut folks.... truly. Such a great, generous bunch:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread