The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sick of cleaning

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Smile n' shine, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    I clean the house, clean the clothes, clean the vehicles and now I have a drawer of dirty vaping stuff.

Does it ever end??? Do you ever grow tired of cleaning atty's etc? Time to start throwing things out....but Frugal says: No, No!! You could get another week out of it!!! :p

2. farmer_bric

farmer_bric Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 24, 2011
    Maberly, ON
    Cleaning??? WTH are you talking about? I vape them until they quit :)

3. smokum

smokum Canadian Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    All mine go into baggies and given away to 'friends in need' for whatever reason with the stipulation..... 'hey, its free, if it doesn't work or you don't like it... throw it out' ;)

4. frankbooth

frankbooth Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    My mom stopped cleaning my draw's a long time ago, now I'm careful not to keep my vaping stuff in them!!!
    Sry couldn't resist.

5. bidslayer

bidslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I stockpile the used devices and seem to do a clean of clearos/tanks once or twice a week and the atties as needed. There's nothing wrong with frugality - and I always have a few fresh clearos/tanks just in case I fall behind in my cleaning. :)

I still switch out juices quite often - so my nighly ritual is to pick out what I want to vape the next day (usually pick two just in case) and fill out the clearos/vivi and set it out next to my keys, wallet and work ID.

6. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    OH the HORROR of burning atty's! How do you do it?? ;p

That is really thoughtful and a good way to feel good about disposal :)

Boooooooooo! lol ;p

You have a good system, I use to have a weekly ritual, but the summer happened :) Time to play catch up. Wouldn't it be nice to have a no fuss clearo. I mostly vape vg, so there is a little more maintenance, but it's worth it.

7. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    That is one of the reasons some of us go with rebuildables :)

8. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yes, it's a bit tiresome, but still a whole lot better than cleaning dirty ashtrays all day and constantly trying to get rid of the smell from clothes, hair, skin, car, house etc.

9. Technobob

Technobob Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    St Catharines, Ontario
    I can't be bothered to clean them these days there so cheap why bother. Back when I started vaping over 3 years ago and paying $15 for a atty it was worth cleaning them. But now with devices like the Vision clearomizer V3 replacement coil heads costing only $2 each it's not worth the time just toss it and start new one.

10. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    Good point about all the work cleaning out analog stink Dragonbone. It is all about perspective.
    But yes it's time to start 'disposing' of the ones that are almost dead and buy fresh. I will have to get on the rebuildable train.

Have a good weekend everyone. :)

11. Pipeous

Pipeous Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    I rinse the stardust out once after a month approx and dry burn and fill. another couple weeks and into the garbage they go for a new one. $5 to get 1-1.5 months is good enough for me. I like things to taste good. I buy cartos and stardust by the box

12. WolfeReign

WolfeReign Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    What's the secret? i have tried that trick of waiting for the flavor to weaken and drop out before trying a different juice and it never works out :(

I have tried doing the swap out flavor (when i run out of one particular juice) on lr kangers (for the bolt and revolutuion 2), and jugheads smoktech 'rejuivinator' (for the latoidss box mod) and the xxl boge's (on the evo --btw i find boges suck :censored:)

yet i find that if i drop them in hot water (or boil in a pot) and let them air dry i usually get better luck....i say usually as it depends if i used jugheadss js3 "mckool" in them :shock:

13. Samyaza

Samyaza Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2012
    London, ON
    It's why I don't drip really. I enjoy dripping, but having to clean atties - ugh.

Tanks all the way, anything that's easy to clean or disposable (like cartos). I rinse my tanks out, dry with a paper towel, insert new carto and off I go :)

I have some atties that need to be cleaned so I can use my Reo again - about 8 atties, just waiting until I feel like it >.<

14. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Once it hits the flavor less point i blow it out, then blow while burning a bit to help get rid of left over without getting a mouthfull of the nasty. after that new flavs vape well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.