Sick of eGo XL atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeonline

Verified Member
May 29, 2009
I don't know if it's just Good Prophets, the atomizers in general, or I just got a few bad ones, but i'm looking for a decent alternative.

Atty #1 Burnt taste from the VERY beginning, couldn't get it to go away, sent it back, got sent an eGo-T as a replacement, had to wait some more, finally got my eGo replacement...

Atty #2 Way better than the first for the first week, PLUMES of vapor, then today it just leaks like a sieve without warning. Thinking maybe it was a fluke, I clean off the outside of it, clean off the threads, and the bottom of the atty and the top of the battery, top off the cart, and now it's leaking even WORSE. What the hell is going on? I know it's not user error, because my wife's doesn't do this crap. I used different filler, different juice, cleaned it, blew it out, etc...

So...my questions are these.

Best atty on an eGo for dripping?
Best cartos for an eGo?
Best 510 threaded cartos for eGo?
What are the pros and cons between the 3 methods?

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
For dripping you might want to try COVs new dual coil attys. I haven't tried them because I'm not a dripper but I've heard they are outstanding.
Best cartos for ego are dual coils, Boge LR and CCV Resurrectors. I'm sure others will have other suggestions.
Dripping will give you the best flavor but I find that it's a nuisance to have to keep adding juice. Cartos you can fill and they will last for hours. Just top them off once in a while so they don't dry out. Attys are easier to change flavors than cartos and easier to clean but I'll go with cartos any way.

webmiztris

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2011
Altoona, PA
My Ego-T leaks as well. It's fine if I make sure it's always lying horizontally (except when hitting it of course), but if I hold it upright (battery at the bottom) for more than a few seconds, it leaks. I'm thinking it might be my pure PG juice though, so I'm buying some VG to mix in to hopefully thicken it up. Maybe if the juice is thicker, it won't leak as much. For EGo Mega/XL atomizers, I've found that the one I have from thevaporpro is AWESOME and has lasted for months and the newer one I got from libertyflights started hitting like crap within a week or two of use. I've found it's all hit or miss with this stuff, but still totally worth it.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just buy Joye 510 attys and a normal 510 drip tip. Or a 306 atty and 306 drip tip. If you want you can experiment with other model attys by using 99 cent adapters from Goodprophets.

Best cartos for an eGo?

people like some Ego mega dual coil cartos - hopefully someone can link them. I don't know if they need a syringe (and I actually don't know which ones they mean - some are clear, some are inside black plastic - dunno what they mean). They abbreviate them EMDCC

Boge 2.0 ohm are BY FAR the favorites. Boge are the most popular cartos on all 510-threaded devices. I use thin ckear juices with them (20% or less VG. often 10% or less and I avoid all juices that drop carto clogging flavoring sediment). I can get 10 days use easy off a Boge

Cartridge + atomizer - probably the most annoying way to vape with no benefits other than for starting out. Actually I guess if you stuff the cartridges with blue foam and keep reusing them and use standard resistance 510 attys and keep them clean it could be the lowest cost way of vaping.

Tanks + tank atomizer - I don't use them, but you are still mixing flavors in the atty, and have attys to clean

Dripping - great for testing juices and vaping ones you won't put in tanks or cartos (too thick, or flavors you rarely vape) but not good while driving or doing work

Cartomizers - downside is you need to keep them damp, many types only work well with thinner juices, many reservoir types need a syringe or may leak, and they have limited lives (though some say the more expensive dual coils should be cleaned/dried/reused). Upside - consistency, your favorite flavors are all totally separate, each one is a fresh atty, you rarely have to clean your normal attys since you will not use them as much. I do 95% of my vaping on cartos. I can get at least 2 weeks use out of a pair and more out of a Boge (now have 4 weeks use on this Boge using it 1/2 the time though 3 weeks is more typical or about 10 days if I was just using the one carto)

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I use the ego mega atomizer type B cylinder style and yes they do leak when filled . A pure PG liquid will leak for sure a 70/30 liquid will be better but might leak when it gets hot as VG thins out when hot . It also might not wick well after it gets half empty . I DIY an 80/20 mix for mine and avoid filling it all the way up . I fill with a syringe some of the time as when I see the liquid I pull back on it a bit so as to not over fill . I like them for flavor and vaper production but you have to get use to them .

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dormouse answered all your questions quite well.

If your atty leaks, the atomizer is flooded, blow it out and vape without further filling. It an atty tastes burned, it is probably dry (opposite of flooded). Finding the right touch for filling is key. As you drip into a 510 cart or any cart with filler material, stop when it quits soaking up the juice. If it looks slushy, that's OK. If the juice is puddled up on the filler, use the bottle as a syringe to suck up the excess.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
I don't know if it's just Good Prophets, the atomizers in general, or I just got a few bad ones, but i'm looking for a decent alternative.

Atty #1 Burnt taste from the VERY beginning, couldn't get it to go away, sent it back, got sent an eGo-T as a replacement, had to wait some more, finally got my eGo replacement...

Atty #2 Way better than the first for the first week, PLUMES of vapor, then today it just leaks like a sieve without warning. Thinking maybe it was a fluke, I clean off the outside of it, clean off the threads, and the bottom of the atty and the top of the battery, top off the cart, and now it's leaking even WORSE. What the hell is going on? I know it's not user error, because my wife's doesn't do this crap. I used different filler, different juice, cleaned it, blew it out, etc...

So...my questions are these.

Best cartos for an eGo?

IMO,
Q#1 - dripping = best flavor, limited capacity
3239 Bridgelss 510 Atomizer, 2 ohms. Got mine from MadVapes
or
FS 510/eGo Atomizer. Got mine from myPVshop.com

Q#2 - carts = worst flavor, good capacity
regular carts... not a fan, rarely use them.

Q#3 - these cartomizers = good flavor, good capacity
Boge 510 LR Soft Tip Cartomizer (2.0 ohm). Got mine from myPVshop.com (holds ~.9ml)
Great for strong flavors or lighter vaping sessions with the fruit flavors. U can get it too hot.

or for more capacity and a bit cooler vape for when u wanna hit it hard and often with a more delicate flavor...

FS eGo Cartomizer - Black Empty. Got mine from myPVshop (holds ~1.5ml)

PS: My older satin black/gold Joye eGo will leak a bit if I don't tighten the atty down a bit and it seems to work itself loose sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread