Sick of my Nautilus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
I have it on an iTaste SVD 2.0 and it is literally impossible to take off once on. I've tried all the tips on ECF, freezing, latex gloves, hell I've tried a pair of vice grip pliars.

I'm in desperate need of a new tank that holds 4 or 5 mls and can vape at 1 ohm that isn't a complete headache.

Can you guys help me out please?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you want a good vape and don't mind recoiling and wicking, buy a kayfun or an Orchid V4. You'll save enough money in the first year to pay for a couple of variable mods.

Factory heads are expensive.

VapeNW has lots of choices at good prices. The Chinese New Year has created a low stock situation with many vendors as it does every year. In a week or two shipments will be in stock again.
RBA - Tanks

Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Kabuki - kinda expensive, don't have it
Kayfun Lite Plus - relatively cheaper these days
Russian 91% V2
Triton Mini - uses same coil as Nautilus

the least hassle is prob the Triton or Kabuki, since they have prebuilt coils, triton has top fill kabuki doesn't...i don't have experience with either.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have it on an iTaste SVD 2.0 and it is literally impossible to take off once on. I've tried all the tips on ECF, freezing, latex gloves, hell I've tried a pair of vice grip pliars.

I'm in desperate need of a new tank that holds 4 or 5 mls and can vape at 1 ohm that isn't a complete headache.

Can you guys help me out please?

Sounds like you might have missed the one important step.
Screw on until snug - NOT Tight.

Doesn't matter what Tank or Device combo in 510 configuration. As long as there is not a screw sticking down to get caught and the tank is not over tightened, it Will unscrew.

I'd check those SVD threads for damage.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The tank you buy isn't going to make any difference at all if you insist on overtightening it. It needs to just be snug, not screwed down until it doesn't move anymore. You're not trying to torque it on like the lug nuts on your tires, you only want it just tight enough that it doesn't loosen on it's own.

There is NOTHING about the Nautilus that makes it difficult to remove. That's all on you. Every other tank will do the exact same thing if you don't change how hard you twist it on.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Have you tried not over tightening the tank to base, just snug enough to prevent leaking is as tight as it needs to be. Until the base seal breaks in there will be a considerable gap between the tank & base.
A drop of eliquid on the bottom seal will also help.

When I was using a N mini every day I kept a pair of pliers handy if there was trouble opening. Then I figured out It helps to not overtighten. It doesn't need to be torqued hard. The only reason I retired my N mini is I went to rebuilding and temp control. My brother is still using his exclusively after 15 months vaping.

:blink::rolleyes::nah:

People, READ what he has posted. He's not having problems opening it, he's having problems removing it from his mod.

I have it on an iTaste SVD 2.0 and it is literally impossible to take off once on.

I can assure you the LAST thing he wants to do is follow the advice of putting a drop of liquid in the 510 connector which is what Topwater Elvis actually suggested if it's taken in the context of the actual problem. The "bottom seal" between the mod and the tank is in the 510 connector. That's a very bad place to put a drop of liquid.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
:blink::rolleyes::nah:

People, READ what he has posted. He's not having problems opening it, he's having problems removing it from his mod.

I have it on an iTaste SVD 2.0 and it is literally impossible to take off once on.

I can assure you the LAST thing he wants to do is follow the advice of putting a drop of liquid in the 510 connector which is what Topwater Elvis actually suggested if it's taken in the context of the actual problem. The "bottom seal" between the mod and the tank is in the 510 connector. That's a very bad place to put a drop of liquid.
is cross threading ruled out? There aren't many possibilities. Is there a screw on the deck of the mod that could have come loose and caught something on the bottom of the tank. Is the tankk fully seated on the mod or is there a tiny space between them? Is this the one and only time the tank stuck to the mod?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Grumpy today are we.
You're right I interpreted what the OP wrote, wrong, my apologies.

I've never had any delivery device that was difficult to remove from the power device, so I assumed the OP was struggling to open / separate tank from base.

Completely Average's suggestion of not over tightening is spot on.

Reactions: beckdg

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
Wow, thanks for all the input guys but it seems to be permanently on there, today I had 3 strong men try to pry it off even with tools, grippy things, etc and they can't get it off so unfortunately the svd and the nautilus are now in the garbage. Lots of money wasted but I'll stick with my collection of Ego One Megas that never give me trouble and perform wonderfully for me.

Thanks again!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Is the tank stuck to the MOD or are you talking about getting the tank apart? I have a Nautilus Mini and a couple of times it was a beach to disassemble to refill. Just wrap a paper towel doubled/doubled over or a rag and grab the base at the bottom with a pair of channel locks or pliers being careful where you grab it with the pliers. Quick motions not a continuous turning will normally do it. I find I over tighten when I screw on the MOD.

Hope it help! Be careful not to crack the glass! :shock:

Last edited:

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
Is the tank stuff to the MOD or are you talking about getting the tank apart? I have a Nautilus Mini and a couple of times it was a beach to disassemble to refill. Just wrap a paper towel doubled/doubled over or a rag and grab the base at the bottom with a pair of channel locks or pliers being careful where you grab it with the pliers. Quick motions not a continuous turning will normally do it. I find I over tighten when I screw on the MOD.

Hope it help! Be careful not to crack the glass! :shock:
I'm just trying to remove the tank to refill it but the svd only has a very thin strip of metal to grip onto between the air vents and the base which makes it even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread