Sick of people stigmatising vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the part about greed from tobacco and pharma but the part about a corrupt FDA is ridiculous. Various government agencies may be guided or misguided by politics and beliefs but it isn't corruption.

I pay very little attention to blogs as news sources. Show me something from an actual news source.
5570601-Rose-colored-glasses-Stock-Vector.jpg

Google Search for "FDA Corruption" :pop:

Last edited:

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Rose colored glasses? Maybe. My dad told me many years ago to not believe everything I read. Little did he know. This world is drowning in misinformation and outright lies that float around the internet. Just because something is in print doesn't mean its true. I believe in real news from real new sources, not blogs or FOX News. Show me some real news about a corrupt FDA and I will change my tune.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have helped 6 people move from smoking to vaping. Some degree of success. Two only vape and the other 4 vape and smoke. Not sure if vaping and smoking is much better than smoking, but it's a start in the right direction.

All of them actually asked for help because I made the change and they were interested in trying it.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I agree with the part about greed from tobacco and pharma but the part about a corrupt FDA is ridiculous. Various government agencies may be guided or misguided by politics and beliefs but it isn't corruption.
Every top position on the FDA is filled with people with long standing Big Pharma connections. They don't take positions in the FDA for altruistic reasons.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Recent surveys suggest 90% of the general (USA) public believe vaping is worse than smoking. That is a result of a billion dollar campaign by the federal gov't to convince them of that, mostly in the form of the junk science we are all so familiar with. Although most people give lip service to the idea that the gov't lies to them, when the rubber hits the road they have great difficulty actually accepting that. The gov't is very good at what it does best- propaganda. it isn't the fault of the public. I hear that "vaping is worse than smoking" all the time. I don't blame them although I'm usually surprised at the depth of their belief, as if a few 10 second clips makes them an expert. But that is the world we live in now and it isn't likely to change soon.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The scientific community is starting to get it:

published November 2017

published June 2016

I have long believed that it's going to take some high profile health care professionals to wake up to the reality that current policy is literally going to kill a lot of still smokers. Many thanks are due to Public health England and the RCP, I think it's still going to take some time, but it does feel to me, like the tide is beginning to turn.

Hopefully actual caring for people's health will gain momentum, and the naysayers and disinformation camps will be discredited and publicly humiliated for their deeds...

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if vaping and smoking is much better than smoking, but it's a start in the right direction.

All of them actually asked for help because I made the change and they were interested in trying it.

I think it depends on how much those people are still smoking. If I had just added vaping to my pack and a half a day habit, then no, I would be no better off. But to reduce smoking over time, as I have done, from 25/30 per day to 2/3 per day, how could I not be better off? I certainly feel much better which has led to other changes as well in diet and exercise. Its called harm reduction. Looks to me that you did a great service to all those people.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
why even vape when you can just lick up some E-Juice... put a drop on your finger tip and lick it up... one heck of a nic shot and urges are reduced for a while.... who needs expensive mods and attys ;)

ohh but wait, hold on here.... licking nic juice will dehydrate your tongue and cause popcorn gums.... ;)

Reactions: Asbestos4004

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
why even vape when you can just lick up some E-Juice... put a drop on your finger tip and lick it up... one heck of a nic shot and urges are reduced for a while.... who needs expensive mods and attys ;)

ohh but wait, hold on here.... licking nic juice will dehydrate your tongue and cause popcorn gums.... ;)

Ingesting nicotine into your digestive system on a regular basis can cause SEVERE abdominal pains and ......... As an occasional "boost" you will be fine, but I wouldn't suggest it as a long term replacement to vaping.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ingesting nicotine into your digestive system on a regular basis can cause SEVERE abdominal pains and ......... As an occasional "boost" you will be fine, but I wouldn't suggest it as a long term replacement to vaping.
I concur, but the technique involves a drop or two rubbed on gums and cheek lining so that it's absorbed rather than swallowed. Dippers and chewers of analog tobacco don't swallow much.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

so I guess Nicorette Gum is bad too??? ;)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
so I guess Nicorette Gum is bad too??? ;)

My personal experience was with Commit Lozenges. However, researching I found that ingesting nicotine over time is what was causing the issue. So I quit using anything that would or could be swallowed and my symptoms went away. YMMV.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

The FCC, which just killed net neutrality, chair is a former counsel with Verizon. Do you really not think his stock options weren't a factor in his decision, let alone any underhanded incentives he might receive? Corruption in government is as prevalent today as it was in the past.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Perhaps I might agree. But I would be pleased to let a jury of my peers decide.

Good luck. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Rose colored glasses? Maybe. My dad told me many years ago to not believe everything I read. Little did he know. This world is drowning in misinformation and outright lies that float around the internet. Just because something is in print doesn't mean its true. I believe in real news from real new sources, not blogs or FOX News. Show me some real news about a corrupt FDA and I will change my tune.

Hmmm... real news from real sources...

So... CBS money watch reporting that the FDA not only sent a letter to the Obama Administration stating there was systemic corruption (and more) in the FDA, but also reported that the FDA publicly admitted (legally certified) sending the letter is not "real news"?

Because that was among the linked material that you said wasn't "real news" or among the reading material that you simply refused to believe just because someone put it in print...

I'm a little worried to see what you consider real then, if CBS isn't good enough who was kind enough to provide us proof....

Sticking ones fingers in your ears saying I can't hear you, is what children do.... not adults... generally speaking of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread