Sick of the cloud game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
The 12.6v and 16.8v are going to be difficult. I’ve had to go with Kanthal wire 28 to 36 ga due to needing the resistance for battery safety and not wanting to seer my mouth from the heat. I typically go with fairly simplistic twist builds, like chain link, with a 3-4 mm ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
The 12.6v and 16.8v are going to be difficult. I’ve had to go with Kanthal wire 28 to 36 ga due to needing the resistance for battery safety and not wanting to seer my mouth from the heat. I typically go with fairly simplistic twist builds, like chain link, with a 3-4 mm ID.

70795cc2876d228f8b46b950fdf2d5c5.jpg
this is my 16.8 it is pwm

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I use a Twisted Messes 1 with the airflow closed to 1, dual 26ga 2.4/2.5mm contact coil 6 wraps. I get great flavor out of it or going to 24ga and 7 wraps. Those of course are 4.2v builds, I don't do series really, other than on a noisy cricket 2 but have the voltage turned down below 6v and still use the above builds.

I've found (to me) anything below the .3 range gets too warm if I'm looking for flavor. In all the attys I've bought one thing remains, if the atty wasn't designed for flavor, it's rarely going to give any. I think the only reason those exotic coils help is due more to chamber reduction than heat.

I can get more flavor out of an igo-w with regular .5 coils than I can with a Velocity and .25 (or lower) exotic coils. Not saying you can't get flavor out of a Velocity, it's just the larger the chamber the less the flavor (usually). Now it also depends on the liquid used as well, some just don't bring the flavor as much as others.

I'd work on simple coils spaced or contact and play around with diameter sizes and placement. For flavor I prefer to push the coils out towards the afc, others go closer to the posts. Basically start with reducing airflow, that should get you going in the right direction.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
70795cc2876d228f8b46b950fdf2d5c5.jpg
this is my 16.8 it is pwm

Oh, that makes a difference! I thought you were talking unregulated and I was going DAMN! I actually have a 28ga Kanthal quad coil 1.6 Ohm build in a temple RDA for a 12.6v unregulated Mod.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I’m all done with the cloud game can I get some help with flavor builds I’m a mech and unreg user something for 4.2v 8.4v 12.6v and 16.8 volt builds thanks

I find it kinda ironic that you're sick of clouds but you use an unregulated mech with a lipo battery wanting to use 16volts..... That's a cloud chaser setup imo and you'll never get more flavor than a normal build im sure. But hey whatever suits you better i suppose?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it all depends. You can stay sort of cloudy but still improve on flavor. I don't know enough about mechs to make any kind of suggestions though as far as more flavor, less clouds. I guess one way would be to use more exotic coils but the more metal you are using, the harder it's going to be on performance, for example. Maybe a more MTL RDA might be in order, airflow and drip tip and all that will affect flavor, but I'm not sure how far you want to lean toward flavor and away from clouds.

Anna

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I find it kinda ironic that you're sick of clouds but you use an unregulated mech with a lipo battery wanting to use 16volts..... That's a cloud chaser setup imo and you'll never get more flavor than a normal build im sure. But hey whatever suits you better i suppose?

I will prob keep the lipo as a cloud setup so let’s just talk 1cell tubes

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
26 g kanthal is my goto for mechs. Simple coils, single, dual or parallel, usually around .4 ohms. For these builds it is all about the atty you are using. Small chamber, reduced airflow gives me a great balance of flavor, cloud and battery life on a single battery mech. I can chain vape my builds and the atty doesn't overheat.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
26 g kanthal is my goto for mechs. Simple coils, single, dual or parallel, usually around .4 ohms. For these builds it is all about the atty you are using. Small chamber, reduced airflow gives me a great balance of flavor, cloud and battery life on a single battery mech. I can chain vape my builds and the atty doesn't overheat.

22mm tug v2 work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread