Sick of the Vivi Nova... need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

korywithak

Aug 19, 2012
Harrisburg
OK, I have been vaping with a vtube mini and a vivi-nova tank for about a year now... in the last month or so, I feel as though the flavor and vapor production has really dropped off with the vivi-nova heads.

The the design has changed, and I got a new tank, and I order heads... some don't work at all. Some taste burnt from the start. So many places sell fake heads (and tanks) and I just feel like there is no quality control or consistency at all with the heads/taste/vapor.

Im not overly interested in trying new liquids, building my own heads ect. I just want to buy a product and it WORK, taste good and produce good vapor. Am I asking for too much?

Also, does a tube (or any mod) wear out? Like I said, I have been using my mini for over a year.

Otherwise, can anyone help with a tank system (or maybe not a tank system) that just WORKS, and is consistence in flavor and vapor?

Please help. I JUST WANT TO VAPE.

Thanks.

Kory

korywithak

Aug 19, 2012
Harrisburg
OK, so I got a protank II. Its nicely built and produces a nice amount of vapor, but there isn't much flavor! Im pretty disappointed. At this point Im still using the 2.5 ohm head and vaping at 3.6-3.8 volts. Would I get better flavor with a 2.2ohm head?

Also, I figured out that there is a connection issue with the center spring loaded pin in my vtube. :( I contacted Apollo because it has a lifetime warranty, but was told it's a limited lifetime warranty, and is only good if you but products from them every 30 days after the purchase. :mad:

Being the vtube was/is my first mod, what else is out there in this size and the same battery that will provide equal or better performance. I have several batteries (that I just bought) and like the size.

Help please....

Jaguar07

Carpe Nocturne
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
Sorry to hear that Apollo doesn't seem to have a very nice warranty. I would suggest getting Verified and buying something like an Ego-C-Twist for the immediate on the buy, sell and trade forums here, then take your time looking for a replacement mod. I assume the batteries you have are 18650s? If yes, there are hundreds if not thousands of 18650 MODs to choose from.

There are 3 major, and one minor Categories of 18650 MODs even. Standard, Variable Voltage (VV), Variable Wattage (VW), Hybrid (has tank and MOD as a single incorporated unit) and last but not least mechanical MODs.

If the amount of flavor is your most important target goal, a mechanical with a rebuildable dripping atomizer (rbda) often produces the most flavor, but it also requires the most work. Not recommended for someone new, but if you are comfortable wrapping coils and can use a digital multimeter proficiently to test the ohms on the coils you make, it may be the best choice. Does not have to be expensive either. I have an Omega clone I paid $15 for new from Fasttech, and use a mini squid, and an Igo-L that I paid about $8 each for in the buy sell and trade forums here on ECF. Starting down the build your own coils path takes some time, like most anything else, the more you do it, the better your coils become.

You can also direct drip into cartomizers. "The Ocelot" has a great blog on how to do that here.http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/the-ocelot/4005-drip-drip-drip-sound-dripping.html

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+ 1 on the cartotank. You'll never find a string-wicked delivery attachment (ie clearomizer) that can deliver the flavor of a cartotank. They take a few minutes to set up a new tank, but that time is well worth the benefits you get. No leaks, maintanance free. Get a tank accessory tool like the Slap Yo Moma from Big Daddy Vapor which will cut your time down to half and also protect the o-rings in the tank's endcaps.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Tank Help for a Noob

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotank: Review

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors?

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
I have found that the performance of clearos and BCCs are inconsistent, so I switched entirely to carto tanks. Once you get them filled properly (there are many good vids on YouTube for advice on how to do it), they perform like a champ, and refilling couldn't be easier. I would start with a simple one - Apollo has an inexpensive and simple, no frills DCT that i still use daily. cant go wrong with any of them though. All hail the carto tank!

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
OK, so I got a protank II. Its nicely built and produces a nice amount of vapor, but there isn't much flavor! Im pretty disappointed. At this point Im still using the 2.5 ohm head and vaping at 3.6-3.8 volts. Would I get better flavor with a 2.2ohm head?

Also, I figured out that there is a connection issue with the center spring loaded pin in my vtube. :( I contacted Apollo because it has a lifetime warranty, but was told it's a limited lifetime warranty, and is only good if you but products from them every 30 days after the purchase. :mad:

Being the vtube was/is my first mod, what else is out there in this size and the same battery that will provide equal or better performance. I have several batteries (that I just bought) and like the size.

Help please....
I hate the small print on warranties. Nothing is ever lifetime. Anyway, if your Vtube is the standard one with an 18650 battery, my suggestion would be a Vamo, SID from Smoktech, Joyetech eVic, or Lavatube from Volcano ecigs. The Vamo has the easiest menu system and you can get one for under a hundred bucks.

Big old major "boooooo" on the ego c twist.... especially with the protank 2. My twist HATES the protank. My little 650 atmos ego-style battery works way way better with the protank than the twist does (tighter air flow-maybe from the spring loaded pin-much much better). Pisses me off. It's a spotty battery and I'm pretty sure the dial is about as accurate as a broken clock it's only right twice a day. Save your money. The protank itself is ok.... but floods quite a bit. By the time I get near the bottom of the tank I need to put the extra flavor wick back in for some reason or I'll be flooding like crazy and I use %100 vg. But yea... I'm pretty sure your "tired" mod will work better than the twist until you decide which upgrade you want. I'm looking into switching to carto tanks myself. These bottom coil hooligans are making me grumpy. So is the twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread