sick or food coloring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
I've been feeling like crap lately and can't figure out if it's my diy home brew (that I'm forced to vape since JC took my non-pg away), or if I actually have the flu or something I haven't had before? Duh. Previously I had noticed some lung scratchiness and mild coughing when I got my diy too dark. But now I am waking up feeling like my lungs are shredded and like they used to feel in the am when I smoked--with the whole endless am coughing spasm that won't stop, and the headache/fever that comes from coughing too hard for too long. I have pretty much slept through the last 2 days because when I'm awake, I feel nauseous like my blood sugar's not right and too tired to do anything. Yet usually, when you're sick, you know you're sick. You're not wondering if it's just this or that, right? I certainly am not going to go explain the diy crap to some quack because there's nothing they can do about it anyway. It's just bugging me that I can't tell the difference, and I'm ...... off at JC for forcing me to make my own when it could be hurting me. Hell maybe I got the swine flu and it just feels different than other illnesses? The point is, I can't tell what's going on and usually my analysis is dead-on. So I made some clear vape from JL to vape when I am awake, and will go back to bed until I feel better--or worse enough to warrant a visit to the quack!:confused:

Proverb

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Boulder, CO
Hmm, what are you using for your DIY base? I know it's a silly question, but is it VG based nic-juice and are you cutting it down to the nice level your body is used to?

Barring the silly questions another potential possibility is in fact the flavorings you're using. Almost all of the flavorings/food-dyes I've seen use PG as a base, so if you're allergic to the stuff that could be making you feel a little off. It could be psychosomatic too, you're getting sick, you don't have the usual stuff you're used to vaping (and ...... because it's not available) and so your mind's saying that it's the new stuff rather than the illness you've acquired.

I'd suggest laying off the DIY liquid and seeing if you feel better or not, though as reluctant as I am to go to the docs, it's never really a bad idea if you're feeling sick.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
Booboo, I went thru the same thing. I have a ton of juice I can't use. A lot of the flavorings have PG in them and I get very sick from any PG. It's like the longer I use it (even small amounts) the sicker I get. I found a lot of the VG nic juice out there tastes like chemical/perfume. I finally found Ecopure Fresh (or Pure) and use it plain. It's pretty good. Better than analogs and I don't get sick. Just my own experience. Sorry for what you are going thru. It stinks and I'm still mad at JC, too.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
BooBoo--grab yourself some Ecopure---JC was not the only game in town for VG.

Sun

Yeah, that was going to be my next vape of choice because I liked the taste. But it gummed up my atty's and wouldn't make enough "smoke" even with extra vg, so I gave up. Might have been a bad batch, but I have so many bad batches around here wasting money, I don't want to keep trying the same thing to get a good batch, lol!

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hmm, what are you using for your DIY base? I know it's a silly question, but is it VG based nic-juice and are you cutting it down to the nice level your body is used to?

Barring the silly questions another potential possibility is in fact the flavorings you're using. Almost all of the flavorings/food-dyes I've seen use PG as a base, so if you're allergic to the stuff that could be making you feel a little off. It could be psychosomatic too, you're getting sick, you don't have the usual stuff you're used to vaping (and ...... because it's not available) and so your mind's saying that it's the new stuff rather than the illness you've acquired.

I'd suggest laying off the DIY liquid and seeing if you feel better or not, though as reluctant as I am to go to the docs, it's never really a bad idea if you're feeling sick.

I am definitely sensitive to the small amount of pg in Lorann's, but it just gives me muscle cramps and soreness usually--maybe messes with my electrolytes a bit. But like op said, I didn't usually use it for any length of time before--just when desperate and waiting for JC to show up... But now it's been continuous use since JC stuck their head up their ..., so it could be building up.
I've been using eliquidplanet 26mg vg juice, with butterscotch, keoke coffee, and bavarian cream + some plain vg. They all have caramel coloring, I know, but the taste is pdg.
I just bought some carmel juicy juice from Juicy Liquid, which I will probably switch to (since it is clear/yellowish) and tastes divine!! However, it is out of stock too now, so I will probably end up back on home brew when I run out.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
Update: went to doctor and do have the flu :( (I think). Would help if the dr. spoke English, I guess.
me: I've slept through the last 3 days (60 hours)
him: so you haven't slept for 3 days? Have you had insomnia before?
me: wtf?
him: have you had a fever? sore throat? coughing up phlegm?
me: yes, I think so, but don't have a thermometer and am taking advil (and my temp just taken is 99.9), my throat feel really tight and my neck hurts, and yes I cough up alot of mucus-but only when I first wake up--the rest of the time I don't cough.
him: so no fever, no sore throat and a dry cough is the main problem?
me: no, the main problem is the exhaustion and sleeping for 3 days straight.....
omg, wtf??????????
Anyway, there was no way I was mentioning e-cigs, but he did congratulate me for not smoking for 8 1/2 months, for whatever that's worth.
I'm still sick, but have a note for missing work, guess that's what counts.....

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Update: went to doctor and do have the flu :( (I think). Would help if the dr. spoke English, I guess.
me: I've slept through the last 3 days (60 hours)
him: so you haven't slept for 3 days? Have you had insomnia before?
me: wtf?
him: have you had a fever? sore throat? coughing up phlegm?
me: yes, I think so, but don't have a thermometer and am taking advil (and my temp just taken is 99.9), my throat feel really tight and my neck hurts, and yes I cough up alot of mucus-but only when I first wake up--the rest of the time I don't cough.
him: so no fever, no sore throat and a dry cough is the main problem?
me: no, the main problem is the exhaustion and sleeping for 3 days straight.....
omg, wtf??????????
Anyway, there was no way I was mentioning e-cigs, but he did congratulate me for not smoking for 8 1/2 months, for whatever that's worth.
I'm still sick, but have a note for missing work, guess that's what counts.....

Look at the upside Bo--you will still be able to vape!!! Hope you feel better soon.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread