• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sick? Overwhelmed? Does spouse jump in to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Not long ago things got a little overwhelming around here and things got put on the wayside.

Now it’s catch up time and I must say, RW has been a trooper.
Today, while I was outside doing some yard work, he cleaned in the kitchen!!!
Not just the surface stuff, but the spots that generally don’t get it.
What a guy!!!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
He's good except in the cooking department. Well he's great when it comes to cooking on the outside grill. He just isn't all that great inside. He doesn't do bad at the actual cooking, BUT BOY DOES HE MAKE A MESS.
To this day, I wonder how he can dirty every pan in sight to make the simplest of things. :blink:
He makes great frozen pizza and makes very little mess. :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
RW can get the job done when necessary, but it's my son that is the cook.
He just doesn't do it very often.
Don't know if that is good or bad.:confused:

When son decides that he is going to cook for us, he comes in all puffed up---like he's doing a REALLY good thing.
As he is preparing, he has to update us on the progress.
I think it is impossible for him to use anything more than once.
Use it, measuring cup, spoon, fork, knife, pan, whatever, and toss it in the sink.
On more than one occasion, I've had to run the dishwasher during and after the meal. Yes, it was full both times.

This brings up another problem. How come when the guys cook, do I get the pleasure of cleaning up?:-x

Do they clean up after when I cook? No.:blink:

I will take that back, and get back on topic. When I'm sick, RW will do it.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Mike and I divided chores when dealing with Mom. He let me sleep and made her breakfast, I did dinner. I took care of all her personal needs and took care of her finances and rental problems.We have been dividing housework for a while since he retired. A messy house bothers him..I tune it out until we have company coming...lol!
I was lucky because his dad raised him along with a brother and two sisters. It was normal for him to do dishes and cook. I was raised to help with yard work..we both suck at car stuff!
The only thing I hate is shopping with him. he buys all sorts of junk stuff! He also trys to make me go faster.:blush:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
:lol::lol::lol:
I'm not bad about most things except junk drawers, and there is several around the house. When they get full, RW takes the stuff and separates it into Christmas tins.

He's space in our bedroom is a lot neater than mine. Open his drawer and the socks and undies all folded and neatly stacked. Mine---well it can be a great hunt at times.
The only thing I'm really neurotic about is the kitchen. I do want things where I want them and when he moves things there, I get a bit :mad:.

P. S.
MK It's great you take care of your mom. I wish mine was still around so I could---I lost her when she was in her early 50's and my first was only a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread