Sickening Tobacco Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 5, 2014
Top, Left, USA
In the new member section I posted this question but now that I've grown up enough to post in this section I'll try again. Some tobacco flavors have an ingredient that doesn't agree with me at all. I know that Halo flavors are very popular but Tribeca, Torque56 and Turkish have this "whateverItIs" flavoring in them. I just received an order from vapingzone.com. In that was 2 tobacco flavor, Island tobacco and Max Blend. Island tobacco is pretty good but the Max Blend has the flavor I'm trying to avoid.

If you have a bottle of VZ super concentrate Max Blend, pop the top off and give it a sniff. The previously stated Halo flavors have that smell to them. Many probably like it but it makes me sick. What tobacco flavors Do Not smell anything like that? I'm trying to order some tobacco flavorings without wasting a lot of money. Thanks.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
There are a lot of true tobacco connoisseur's here so someone will know exactly what you are referring to, I've never tried the flavors you mentioned. I'm just getting my feet wet so to speak and tobacco's are my main interest. With my limited experience I've pretty much liked most of the Hangsen's I've tried and don't detect any bad sort of smell or taste to what few I've tried...Indian, T5, USA Mix, RY1 & 4, the TB was pretty grassy tasting to me right out of a fresh mix.

Anyway, hang tight, I'm sure your question will be answered soon....

Jan 5, 2014
Top, Left, USA
This is just bizarre. Many of us DIY folks try to copy those Halo flavors that you hate! :confused: -But to each his own! :)

I hear you there. No surprise to me though. I've always followed the road less traveled.

I don't own an electronic leash (cell phone).
My cars won't shift gears on their own.
I wouldn't own a vehicle with anti-lock brakes.
I can't spend money when I'm in debt so I don't borrow.

I'm just weird.

Jan 5, 2014
Top, Left, USA
Is it a nutty taste/smell that you are referring too? If it is, I believe it's AP. I personally like it :vapor:

Cheers,
Steve

No, I wouldn't call it a nutty taste at all. My favorite is Nutty Tobacco from vapolife.com Someday I'll try and duplicate that one. I don't know how to describe the smell/taste. It's an ingredient in at least half the tobacco flavors I've tried and given away. It's the major smell in Tribeca and the VZ SC Max Blend. Someone will know what it is.

pipster

ECF Veteran
I know the smell/taste you are talking about.. I bought a few with that and one spilled a bit in my EVOD box.. it was so sickening I tossed it out, and gave away the juices. It does not smell like tobacco, nor nutty.. it's just an awful, pungent, overwhelming, chemical smell. I have found for me the only way to vape tobacco is to add a little menthol.. I never smoked menthols. It turned me off of tobacco flavors altogether, but I tried one more and it's not bad. Free State Vapors Menthol Tobacco. I get a total analog fix from this one if I need it. Nothing fancy, doesn't taste like ashtray and it none of that bad smell.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
It's the sweet pungy, fruity smell that your talking about. More noticable in torque56 (Fruity) the tribeca is more caramel but still has that florial, fruity smell. So I would say stay with the nutty tobaccos or the american reds and stay away from the ry4's and cream or floral tobaccos. I would imagine the prime15 is ok with you.

VegasVaap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Laguna CA
It's the sweet pungy, fruity smell that your talking about. More noticable in torque56 (Fruity) the tribeca is more caramel but still has that florial, fruity smell. So I would say stay with the nutty tobaccos or the american reds and stay away from the ry4's and cream or floral tobaccos. I would imagine the prime15 is ok with you.

Danny, I mixed up the prime 15 recipe you so kindly posted. I've never tasted prime 15, just thought the ingredients looked like something I would like. Had to get the methylbut in from an order, but it is some tasty stuff. Thanks.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Danny, I mixed up the prime 15 recipe you so kindly posted. I've never tasted prime 15, just thought the ingredients looked like something I would like. Had to get the methylbut in from an order, but it is some tasty stuff. Thanks.

Glad you like it.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I know exactly what you are talking about.. For me it was consistent in every Halo flavor I tried, I threw them all out because of it. It's a chemically nastiness.. I swear it tastes yellow.. and not a good yellow. :)

Unfortunately I'm living mainly in the fruit/citrus world right now, but I've got some tobaccos on order (I recently had a tobacco flavor from a small vendor blow my mind, so I'm giving them a go) and I'll let you know if I notice that same scent/flavor/whatever in any of them.

FWIW, the only tobacco I've gotten in thus far has been FA Royal, and it does not have Halo-itis. :)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I am very particular about flavorings and many did not agree with me. I cannot abide by overally floral or perfumey tobaccos so I tend to lean towards cigarish or pipe-ish flavors. I had minimal success with FA while many love their tobaccos. For a person starting out in DIY I would recommend Vaping Zone's SC's particularly Black Cigar, Island Tobacco and Old Captain and Dunhill. I too cannot abide by anything that is listed as a M brand knockoff. The Tobacco in the Gourmet line at VZ is great as is Yuco and Klondike and both are mild smelling and tasting. Tabakum and Snuff box have more distinct smells to them but are also good. Hangsen tobaccos are also good though it may take some trial and error to find out the best ones for you. The worst perpetrators for me tend to be Virginia types and the M types. Hope you find some you like.

Jan 5, 2014
Top, Left, USA
I am very particular about flavorings and many did not agree with me. I cannot abide by overally floral or perfumey tobaccos so I tend to lean towards cigarish or pipe-ish flavors. I had minimal success with FA while many love their tobaccos. For a person starting out in DIY I would recommend Vaping Zone's SC's particularly Black Cigar, Island Tobacco and Old Captain and Dunhill. I too cannot abide by anything that is listed as a M brand knockoff. The Tobacco in the Gourmet line at VZ is great as is Yuco and Klondike and both are mild smelling and tasting. Tabakum and Snuff box have more distinct smells to them but are also good. Hangsen tobaccos are also good though it may take some trial and error to find out the best ones for you. The worst perpetrators for me tend to be Virginia types and the M types. Hope you find some you like.

Shilo
I ordered from your recommendations. They were out of Yuco but the rest are here. I've opened each and none of them have that funky scent. I've sampled Black Cigar & French Pipe and both are good. Thanks a bunch. You saved me from wasting money on bad tobacco flavorings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread