Side by side, battery beside tank, stealth mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I'd like a small mod with a small tank recessed into the box beside the battery.

It would be compact. In the photo I put a smoketech 3.5 ml tank beside a 14650 battery, but I think an 18650 would fit really well with such a tank.

Where can I get a mod with this layout?

Thanks.

Side_by_Side_mod.jpg

Vegastar

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I think the closest thing I've seen to this design is something like a REO mini, but that's a feeder mod. Different sort of an idea, but similar in ways. I do like your little design, though. Might be something you could ask custom guys about.

It seems like if you assembled a whole box upside down, flipped the atty connector and cut a big tank hole in the top it'd work. The part that might be troublesome is a lack of ventilation causing a whole lot of heat inside. That's bad news for a battery.

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I'm thinking about making one with a Line Genesis atty inside next to a Battery. I'm already on the new list for a Line. I think the form factor will be the coming thing. I'd like to get a box that is like a 'grip'. Not worried about ventilation. Problem can be solved with some vents.

I saw a 'grip' type mod today. Think I bookmarked it on my tablet.

Anyone have any tips?

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I am on my second revision of a mod like you are mentioning (see pics)

I used a 14650 batt, a Lil Mama (3 ml) tank with XL DC carto inside.

My original version had a small micro tactile switch but it only lasted about a month under average to heavy vaping. I'm not crazy about the current switch, just too big. Others are on their way for testing
I do love the 1300 mah batt, and 3 ml in a tank that is 100% pocket friendly.
I used a set of rare earth magnet in place of the screws to hold the cover on- so far cover is holding up (or on..)

View attachment 68250 View attachment 68251 View attachment 68252

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I've been looking for something like this also, been looking at Krimsom Kustoms.

He's registered here on ecf and I think you can find his vids on u tube under the same name, HTH

I posted in his thread but I think he's taking some time off. In the mean time I'm working on a mod myself, probably not as nice as the one proax9 made, but almost done with it. Need to find a switch.

Any recs on switches, looked at Madvapes. They're all kind of big.

Pics this weekend.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'd like a small mod with a small tank recessed into the box beside the battery.

Thanks.

I just ordered an Ultimo.

I realize it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it has a built in 950mah battery which is supposed to last all day. It also uses a Vision Extreme carto, which retracts into the device and has a lid that covers it when not in use.

The retracting carto is probably the feature that really attracted me. I have been using a ProVari, with the Vision Extreme attached. While I really love using it, it IS a little long, and not very convenient to take with me everywhere.

I generally stick the ProVari in my shirt pocket, and due to the length, it sticks out of my pocket.

Also, I don't really feel comfortable putting it in my pants pocket, a) because of the size, and b) I'm just worried that it may leak. (did that come out sounding as bad as I think???) :blush:

The Ultimo's come in 650mah size and 950mah size. Only the 950mah have retracting Vision Extreme's. The smaller size comes with a cap attached to a chain.

It also has an led display, which shows you the date/time, remaining battery life, number of drags taken since last charge, and allows you to switch from 3.2v to 3.6v to 4v.

Nice little kit. They also come in (to me, rather wild) other color schemes, such as black/white zebra, pink, Leopard Fur... with a soft, rubber coating.

I'm stalking the postman right now. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to report back after it arrives.

950ultimovision_6.png

650ultimovision_3.png

950ultimovision_5.png

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I am on my second revision of a mod like you are mentioning (see pics)

I used a 14650 batt, a Lil Mama (3 ml) tank with XL DC carto inside.

My original version had a small micro tactile switch but it only lasted about a month under average to heavy vaping. I'm not crazy about the current switch, just too big. Others are on their way for testing
I do love the 1300 mah batt, and 3 ml in a tank that is 100% pocket friendly.
I used a set of rare earth magnet in place of the screws to hold the cover on- so far cover is holding up (or on..)

View attachment 68250 View attachment 68251 View attachment 68252

Brilliant. I gotta get into making my own box mods, this is beautiful.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Finished my second (and hopefully last*) revision.
Still using earth magnets to keep cover in (instead of screws. Field tested / pocket tested.
Using a Lil Mama tank- with either XL or std. size cartos.
Switch is now a very small tactile button next to carto (on top side of mod)
I am using an open (non sealed) 510 connector for better draw.
Replace epoxy holding connector with plastic 'wall'.

*I am NOT an electrical wizard- if any modders know where I can get a 'plug n play' (i.e. already assembled) circuit to:
make this regulated at either 3.7v (or better yet- 4.2 v) from the one 14650 1300 mAh batt I am using. I have about 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" of room for the board(s).

View attachment 72181 View attachment 72182 View attachment 72183

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread