SIDE EFFECTS... Did I drink out of the Ganges? Building my own coils, dripping and now suddenly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
5 years vaping - no side effects... 18+ mg's... chain vaper... no side effects... no problems with cartos, kayfuns, tanks etc... ever.

I get into building my own coils... my peers tell me... you need to step down to like 6mg... because when you do lung hits... or get into this lower ohm dripping... you want much lower nicotine...

So I am dripping 6mg now... first week or two all is well.

Into my third/fourth week, I am guzzling pepto and half afraid to leave the house.

...and it likely is the vaping because this morning all was well until I hit my dripper and suddenly the symptoms reappeared.
The symptoms seem related to vaping from my devices with the coils I build and lower ohms... (like 1.2ohms).

So... has anyone had this happen?

Could it really be nic? I have been a nic goblin for years... I can't imagine it's the nic....

Is it possible the pg, vg, flavorings react differently at these lower ohms, deeper inhales that suddenly I have issues?

I have tried a few brands/flavors...

This stomach tsunami has happened long enough that I can likely eliminate other environmental factors... and the symptoms appear when I vape this way.

I really like vaping this way... so... any ideas to try before I give it up?

more vg? less vg? 3mg instead of 6mg?

As much as I like dripping, it's not worth feeling like I drank water directly out of the Ganges

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
You should consider seeing a doctor. We are not doctors.

That said, the reason you lowered the nic was because you were going to be using more liquid with a dripper. There's more in the liquid than just nic, and it could be you are reacting to your increased intake of one of the other components.

The rare VG intolerance affects the digestive system, so you could try a high PG liquid first.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Very strange, I'm assuming you have dripped on low-res 510 or 306 pre-built attys in the past without any problems. Dropping to 1.2Ω shouldn't be any different that boosting your voltage a half volt on a 1.8Ω pre-built.

I would suggest trying a flavor and PG/VG ratio you have used for a while, nothing new or different, the flavorings would be the most suspicious component. Also have you changed from mouth hits to lung hits, or vice-versa, may be part of the problem.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
1)Wait a few days before trying again, to rule out passing stomach virus.

2) Try again with known good juice that gives you no problems, dilute the nic 1/2 with VG (or PG is you know that isn't a problem) and if you get sick, use the juice straight at your normal nic level in case of nic withdrawal (which I don't think it is)

3) You are an advanced long time vaper the only other thing it could be is you're allergic to something you built coil with. I'm sure you have vaped with over the counter 1.5ohm dripping atties before, so this couldn't possibly be a thousand times different using a low ohm atty

Hope you feel better, let us hear a follow up!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Hey friends... I did read your replies earlier... but wanted to reply when some time had elapsed...

I am back to vaping normal and feeling normal...

I did some research... did some self-testing - and I am comfortable saying that it is only 2 brands of juice doing this to me... and they are incredibly sweet - the kind of sweet that makes you almost want to eat the juice rather than vape it -

I DIY'd some of my own... tried a couple other brands that weren't sweet and I am feeling fine...

I was getting these symptoms over the past week immediately after vaping.

I suppose I should have made the connection sooner... but I was too stubborn ---

If for some reason I am wrong in my assessment, I'll re-vist and post -

One thing I did discover is that there is a community of vapers out there who have an intolerance to certain sweeteners that are used in e-juice... I may be wrong, but I think Stevia is one of the main culprits.

At any rate, I did discover that there has been a lot of discussion surrounding sweeteners and stomach issues just like I experienced.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
yeah... I think I tolerate the splenda... it's the Stevia (I think) that causes the issues. I am going to ask the vendor to be sure.
Thanks.

What symptoms were you experiencing into the stomach? Was it by chance stomach constent growling or grumbling? The need to use the restroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread