Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I was never into the length of a penstyle, so I have no idea how they actually perform. If you are looking for something that would be comparable to the penstyle, I would suggest the 902. My 902 model is a branded J-118, AKA-VX2. This model has a super smooth draw, and performs great.

Here is a review done on the VX2, and the only difference between my model and the VX2 is that I have a bigger internal battery 220mah vs VX2 180mah.
LINK

The Sidesho is much smaller compact ecig compared to the penstyle. This is my all time favorite, and it performs great. This model has a perfect super smooth draw, but it's not like sucking threw a straw. I get more vapor & throat hit over the M401, as this model is basically a improved clone of the M401.

I can only really compare the Sidesho vs the M401, as the M401 was the only ecig I liked to use before the Sidsho.

freedomendured

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009
Bergen County, NJ
That's really funny, I was just about to post the same thread in here. I, too have been using a M201 penstyle, and I am interested in getting a new PV and was concerned about how the Sidesho would stack up. I get a pretty good throat hit (when it decides to be consistent) and great battery life (about 4-5 hours after a full charge) and a cartridge lasts me about 8 hours on a day off at home. I realize the cartridges are smaller but that's no matter because if I get the Sidesho I am going to start refilling anyway (as I need low dose carts and you don't carry them prefilled with 6mg doses), which in the end probably saves more money anyway. Just wanted to ask how it stands up in those areas. Thanks!

(also, random question: how many times, if any, can one reuse a blank cart?)

Thanks!,
Nick

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I can tell you that I get a consistent throat hit, good vapor, and it's been very reliable. As for the cart performance, I never had really used one. When I use to use my M401, I never used a cart on that as well, I just dripped.

I will try one out tonight, and let you know the results. I know the 801/201 carts are huge, and I can tell you now that you will not get anywhere close to the 8hrs with a Sidesho cart.

You have the trade offs going with a smaller model like the Sidesho compared to the 801/201. The battery is a 100mah smaller than the 801, so you are not going to get the same amount of hrs, but having the included PCC makes up for it in a big way. The size, and style of the Sidesho makes it move convenient over the 801/201.

You can obviously tell from looking at it that you are not going to get the battery time & cart performance from the 801/201. You will get a reliable PV that gets a good throat hit, good vapor, and a PCC that solves many of those issues of it being smaller.

As for the carts it really depends on the user, as they slowly deteriorate from refilling. Again, I don't use any inner carts, so I can't answer that for you.

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
Ok so this is "thicker" and longer than the L88, as opposed to just being longer due to battery and cart?

I really like the "hand feel" of the L88 and was looking for I guess a "100s" version of it.

Still not sold on the pricing (no offense man, please don't take that as such...) but if it is what I'm looking for, might be tempting to buy "yet another platform" :)

-K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread