Sidesho- How do you refill the cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this must be the dumbest question ever asked here. I've searched all over for the answer and can't find it, which means apparently it's so simple everyone knows how...except me.

I got my Sidesho Hybrid from Modern Vapor this afternoon. I also purchased a couple of sample flavors. I found the flavors as well as 5 of these white tube-like things. There are a soft plastic, roughly 3/4 of the size of the cartridge.

So, my question is...do I just drip the flavor into a previously used cartridge? Are these plastic things to cover the cartridge when not in use? Why is there a blank cartridge there? Is that to load my own wick into?

Ok, so that's more than one question. But, I am catching onto this stuff really fast and once I get past these few hurdles, I think I will be on my way to really enjoying vaping. I can see myself really getting into new flavors, mods, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I know this must be the dumbest question ever asked here. I've searched all over for the answer and can't find it, which means apparently it's so simple everyone knows how...except me.

I got my Sidesho Hybrid from Modern Vapor this afternoon. I also purchased a couple of sample flavors. I found the flavors as well as 5 of these white tube-like things. There are a soft plastic, roughly 3/4 of the size of the cartridge.

So, my question is...do I just drip the flavor into a previously used cartridge? Are these plastic things to cover the cartridge when not in use? Why is there a blank cartridge there? Is that to load my own wick into?

Ok, so that's more than one question. But, I am catching onto this stuff really fast and once I get past these few hurdles, I think I will be on my way to really enjoying vaping. I can see myself really getting into new flavors, mods, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I'm not totally familiar with this ecig but it is likely that the plastic things are cartridges. They should fit on the atomizer and have some filler in there to where you can drip juice and yes, you can refill a prefilled cartridge once it has run out.

The 'blank cartridge' is most likely a shipping cartridge - they put these on the atomizers so it doesn't dry out. And with other models that blank cartridge can't be used for juice because it likely doesn't have the cartridge well where a filler would go. You can tell if you look through it and see through to the hole in the mouth piece, it is a shipping cartridge. Some people use the shipping cartridge for dipping or dripping.

Also take a look at this guide:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...strated-guide-e-cigs-parts-1-through-6-a.html

I'm not totally familiar with this ecig but it is likely that the plastic things are cartridges. They should fit on the atomizer and have some filler in there to where you can drip juice and yes, you can refill a prefilled cartridge once it has run out.

The 'blank cartridge' is most likely a shipping cartridge - they put these on the atomizers so it doesn't dry out. And with other models that blank cartridge can't be used for juice because it likely doesn't have the cartridge well where a filler would go. You can tell if you look through it and see through to the hole in the mouth piece, it is a shipping cartridge. Some people use the shipping cartridge for dipping or dripping.

Also take a look at this guide:
Vaping Guide

Thank you for your response.

No, the white tubes aren't the cartridges. Based on what you said about the blank cartridge, I am now beginning to suspect that these are simply covers for the cartridges that have juice in them.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out ASAP.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thank you for your response.

No, the white tubes aren't the cartridges. Based on what you said about the blank cartridge, I am now beginning to suspect that these are simply covers for the cartridges that have juice in them.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out ASAP.

That is what I thought it might be - 801 cartridges have those white plastic covers but I checked the modern vapor site and the sidesho hybrid doesn't look like it's using 801 cartridges. For example:

10pc empty cartridges for DSE801 pen e-cig - Cartridges - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier=

Check out the 'more images' for a better look. That's how 801 cartridges come but not the smaller carts.

Chefdeuce

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Green Bay WI
Hello, KPKicker.
So the 3/4 piece will carry the foam and the liquid, it should be clear. You place the liquid on the foam until full or a little from the top. Place the clear plastic piece into the longer oval piece that fits onto the atty. If you need photos go to the modern vapor sub forum, I have some posted under the sidesho and 902 blue foam cart mod thread. When you need to get the clear piece out of the oval agian just use a safty pin to push the clear piece out.
PM me it there are anymore question. The Sidesho was a great choice!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello, KPKicker.
So the 3/4 piece will carry the foam and the liquid, it should be clear. You place the liquid on the foam until full or a little from the top. Place the clear plastic piece into the longer oval piece that fits onto the atty. If you need photos go to the modern vapor sub forum, I have some posted under the sidesho and 902 blue foam cart mod thread. When you need to get the clear piece out of the oval agian just use a safty pin to push the clear piece out.
PM me it there are anymore question. The Sidesho was a great choice!

Thanks for filling us in Chef! Is that 902 about the size of a 901 cart? or bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread