Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Here are some tips & tricks that are useful to help you properly use Sidesho. If anyone has any other tips let us know.

[FONT="]Charging the PCC-[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[FONT="]When you plug the A/C charger into the PCC, the PCC is fully charged when the light turns green on the A/C adapter.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Charging the battery in the PCC-[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[FONT="]When charging the battery in the PCC, you first need to screw the battery in the front slot about 3 turns. When the battery is charging, the light on the side of the PCC will be solid red. When the battery is fully charged the light will turn off. You will want to unscrew the battery at this point. [/FONT]

[FONT="]When the charger tells you your battery is charged, it is not recommended to keep it charging for multiple hours longer. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT="]Caution[/FONT]
[FONT="]: [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT="]The 1st few drags do not always taste great as there is a primer fluid in the atomizer to keep it moist, do not worry, it is safe and the taste will improve. You can always run the atomizer under hot water for a few minutes, and then set your atomizer with the tip down on a paper towel to dry.[/FONT]

· [FONT="] [/FONT][/FONT][B][U][COLOR=red][FONT="]DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE batteries ONTO THE ATOMIZER, OR ON THE CHARGERS
[/U][FONT="]. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][FONT="]This ecig wasdesigned to have a small gap between the atomizer & battery, so don’t try and screw the atomizer flush to the battery. Only tighten the battery till it feels figure tight, you can probably get another full turn if you tried, but don’t do it. Over tightening can cause the battery contact to be pushed down to a point where it will not make contact with the atomizer. This can cause poor contact, or no power to the atomizer to make any vapor. [/FONT]

·[FONT="]If you are getting juice in your mouth, or you hear lots of gurgling noise. You probably don’t have the inner cart all the way pushed down as far as it can go. If you push it all the way down with a paperclip, this should solve the problem.[/FONT] Also, take lighter smoother draws

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]It takes about a good day or two with consistent use to break in a new atomizer.[/FONT]

·[FONT="]If you notice the LED blinks [B][COLOR=red]10[/COLOR][/B] times, it means you hit the battery safety cutoff (8sec). This is programmed into the microchip to protect the atomizer from burring out. Just let if finish the 10 blinks, and you can resume smoking.[/FONT]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]These Ecigs were designed to work with a light draw, just like a traditional cigarette. You only need to suck on the cartridge till the LED light turns on. The Ecig will not work any different the harder you draw.[/FONT]

·[FONT="]When the battery needs to be recharged, the LED will blink [B][COLOR=red]30[/COLOR][/B] times real fast.[/FONT]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Symbol]·[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]On the pre-filled carts, just push the cart directly on the atomizer. You do not need to try and remove the foil by hand. An easy way to remove the foil on a new pre-filled cart is to rotate the cart 360 degrees, pull off the cart, and remove the foil on the atomizer with the end of the cart.[/FONT]
[FONT="]
It is recommended after a good length of use that you clean the contact points with a q-tip by wiping the inside of the battery/threads, and the contact point inside the atomizer on the screw side.[/FONT]

[CENTER][LEFT][B][U][COLOR=red][FONT="]
[/FONT]
[/U]
[/LEFT]

[FONT="]WARNING[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT="]1.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Improper dripping liquid onto the atomizer with excessive amount of liquid, you have the chance of that leaking into the battery, which can damage the battery. This type of damage is not covered under warranty[/FONT]

[COLOR=#1f497d][FONT="]2.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Do not overfill the carts with juice. This can cause the same problems as dripping when the excess juice makes it into the battery. Make sure dab the top of the cart with a paper towel after filling to wipe of the excess juice[/FONT]

Last edited:

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
I thought the gurgling noise came from overfilling the cart? That seems to be the only time it happens to me.

Also, its worth mentioning that replacing the filler with PTB makes a night and day difference with the function of the sidesho.

I've tried multiple ways to do the PTB mod on the sidesho's cart, but what seems to work the best is the rolled and frayed method. I get a good 80% + usage on my cart using that method. The zigzag, or just putting a fold at the top in general, seemed to block the atomizer more then it wicked it.

Also, I noticed hitting the sidesho too hard caused more juice in my moth then overfilling. I noticed even when over filled, if you hit it light and steady, you'll get little to no juice in your mouth.

edit//
If I get some time this weekend, I'll try and make a quick video of me doing the PTB mod on the sidesho.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
neonerz,
would like to see how you do the fray method on the PTB-
Yeah if overfilling the cart you can also get juice in the mouth but it is the same concept as if the cart is not pushed down all the way or over-dripping... all of those will flood the atty or allow drips to get to the battery...
& yeah, if you pull too hard you can possibly suck some juice out even if it isn't overfilled just due to air pressure and quite possibly if you let liquid get around the outside of the cart or down in the mouthpiece w/o wiping it off/out... When I change out liquids or fill up I always wipe off the outside of the cart and the inside of the mouthpiece (twist a paper towel on the corner to get down in there) another good thing to use is a q-tip to wipe out the inside of the cart- just get it in there thoroughly...
Always slide a piece of paper towel over the top of the cart after filling... if there is excess it will wick it right up- another thing I do as not to "waste" any liquid is just gently touch my atty in that little bubble of juice on the top of the cart... just touch one side of bridge on the top gently and then the other side- it won't flood the atty but give you an instant hit of flavor and if you have a dry atty or not been used for awhile it helps to moisten it up... (just a no waste method...)
It is a nice smooth e-cig and I like that the atty does not normally get overheated... Great for vaping VG based liquids especially-
I prime mine after cleaning w/ 50/50 mix base... primes a very nice plume of vape w/ your first flavor on a clean atty and a desired taste rather than metallic like...

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Rite-Size U Bonded Foam Sleeve -Fine mesh foam traps and holds dirt particles while the sleeve's open-cell construction promotes water flow without impairing overall filter performance.

I heard from BLONDILOCS that this works better the the PTB, and is much easier. I am going to pick some up today, and I will give it a shot.

http://www.petguys.com/-047431011530.html

Last edited:

psychler

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Oakland, CA
thinking about getting a sidesho cause i want something smaller than my 510...how does it compare in throat hit? Also, may not be transferable and may also be all in my mind but I use PTB mod on my 510...roll up half of the pyramid bag and bend in half with the bend on the bottom of the cart...and how can I explain this...

okay looking down the cart there are the two ends to the rolled ptb and they're kind of flattened so they're longer in one direction so you kinda see | | when you look down the cart. and the element on the 510 atty is kinda like a flattened 0. I've been getting far better results from aligning these two things perpendicular to each other. Anybody else confirm? or is my imagination acting up again?

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
@psychler are you talking about the bridge of the atomizer (V shaped) going in between the two ends of the PTB? Kind of like =< ? If so, thats what rolled does (theres a hole in the center), and the atomizer goes in there, but this totally surrounds the bridge and seems to wick better. Sorry, I never used a 510, so I can't comment on that.

@Dolly I recorded one, but I wasn't going to post it. I tend to ramble on for a while, so it ended up being 18 minutes long. After cutting it down, it was still 12 minutes long. Just because you asked, I'll split it, up it to youtube, and post it. I'll upload it tonight, so look for it tomorrow.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Hey, just got my new Sidesho and am VERY pleased with it. I was just wondering about the foil, does it need to be completely peeled back? and is it good or bad to puncture it with the atomizer?

It was made to just puncture it with the atomizer. A easy way to remove the foil is to twist the carts 360 degrees while holding on the atomizer. When you take off the cart, you will see the foil wrapped around the atomizer tip. I take the cart and scrape it off.

Dolly

Oct 24, 2009
New Jersey
It was made to just puncture it with the atomizer. A easy way to remove the foil is to twist the carts 360 degrees while holding on the atomizer. When you take off the cart, you will see the foil wrapped around the atomizer tip. I take the cart and scrape it off.

I did that and after looking at my atomizer, I noticed that part of the outer layer of the wick peeled up on the side a little bit. I was able to fold it back over with tweezers, and it looks and works fine, but do you think that may have been from too intense twisting? I'm not sure what else might have caused it to peel like that.

macscac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
tony.. question regarding the pcc...
how long does it take to charge? ive had it on the wallcharger for several hours.. no green light.
also, when i screw a battery into it, the battery led flashes several times, the light on the pcc goes red but then it fades out.. then comes back.. then flashes and then fades out again... over and over.

does that seem right?

btw, love the sidesho! thanks
c

jyhash

Sep 25, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jayhash.com
I'm having the same exact problem with a new manual battery I just ordered. The PCC does the same thing for me, and the USB charger I purchased just shows a green battery light the whole time. I need to get back in touch with Tony about this, becuase my manual has no juice (meaning battery life) and I bought it to replace my 2 dead automatics. I'm wondering if there is a hardware conflict somewhere along the line that is causing this incompatability... :confused:

Tony if you read this, let us know.

~JYH

Chefdeuce

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Green Bay WI
The PCC should take a 3-4hours to charge.
When charged the red light will pop on for a second or two every 30-40 seconds of so.
Jyhash which charger are you using, there is the black box one and one with a cord that the battery plugs into. I had problems with my USB, sometimes it just needs to be unpluged and repluged in, I don't know why but that seems to get mine moving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread