Sig not showing up: smilies and html got turned off???

Status
Not open for further replies.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
Hi. I hadn't been around for a few weeks and when I checked in recently I noticed my banner/sig no longer shows up. I tried to edit it, but it says that smilies and html are "not allowed". I didn't set it that way. Now, I can't edit it, or change the settings.

I could do a whole new banner, but with those 2 items turned off, it wouldn't work either, and there's no place to turn them back on. Help!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
I cleared your signature for you. You should now be able to click on any working banner and get the code to paste into your signature.

The banner you were using is on a server that was blocked from ECF because it was compromised and serving malware.

I wondered if it might be something like that. Thanks so much! I really do appreciate your help.

(Now, I just have to try and remember the my details to make a new one. :unsure: )

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
load the banner in your sig again and when i get a chance i'll double check your bbcode. if your're getting the red x it is likely that something is malformed. When you generate a sig banner you have to paste the BBCODE version into the box, not the html version (if their is one available)

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
load the banner in your sig again and when i get a chance i'll double check your bbcode. if your're getting the red x it is likely that something is malformed. When you generate a sig banner you have to paste the BBCODE version into the box, not the html version (if their is one available)

I did use the BB code, but you may be right about errors. I will do that and await your omniscient reply, oh great one. :)

Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread