Sigelei 100 watt dual 18650 box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
WP_20141128_005.jpg the ability to rock a build like this with no ramp up time is worth every penny I spent on this...my stingray is gonna get dusty...sorry for crappy pic. That's 8 wraps of 24g.k. 1/8" I.D

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
you can do a micro coil and cotton

I'm looking at the Sat 22 and the nahualon

Yeah SS seems to be a big PITA for some with the hot spots. I would go the cotton wick route at first. Then at least try the mesh. Only because I haven't ever tried it. I hear the drill bit method works for not getting hot spots. Idk does seem a PITA tho.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I have the first version, was complete junk. Hard to build and always leaked.

Interesting! Were you building single or dual coils? Were you using wick tails, or just placing them on top of the deck? I've watched a few videos, and the leaking was attributed to certain build types..

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Dual, tried it 3 times and it never saw light of day again. I don't remember what I did with the cotton. Very hard to fill also.

Ok.. hopefully, they've fixed the problems with this version. I do know that you can unscrew the base and get access to the deck for re-building without emptying the tank. Air-flow adjustment works the same way...just keep tightening the tank down.

I saw a video somewhere of it, and seemed quite solidly built.

This one:

Shot in the dark, but only $35, so.. ;)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Interesting! Were you building single or dual coils? Were you using wick tails, or just placing them on top of the deck? I've watched a few videos, and the leaking was attributed to certain build types..

The Orchid is the only tank I have atm..They will also leak if you don't wick them right,..but dayum..what flavor!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Ok.. hopefully, they've fixed the problems with this version. I do know that you can unscrew the base and get access to the deck for re-building without emptying the tank. Air-flow adjustment works the same way...just keep tightening the tank down.

I saw a video somewhere of it, and seemed quite solidly built.

This one:

Shot in the dark, but only $35, so.. ;)

I'm sold..gotta love Matt..lol

JohnRuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
New Orleans
This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but what am I looking at on my sigelei led screen? I understand what the battery %, and watts indicator means, and also what the ohm display means but what about the voltage part? How do I know how many amps are being used by my battery and because its 2 batteries do I cut the amps in half?

I just built a .20 ohm build (according to my ohm reader) (.1 according to the sigelei) messing around and AM NOT going to use it but lets just say I did use it and set the wattage on my sigelei to 40.0 . When entering the info in the ohms law calulator (Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators) for resistance I know i would put in 0.20, for wattage I would put 40.0 but what about voltage? would it be the 2.7 I am seeing on my screen? If so, it is showing my battery to be using 13.42 amps. That seems way to low for such a low low build. Is this correct? and would I divide the 13.42 amps in half because I am using TWO VTC4 batteries?

what does the 2.7 volts mean and how would this be different in a mech mod?

Hopefully someone can explain this. I know its a lot hahah

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Looks like the chip is picking the voltage..Set on 8.5V..I tried the Trident V2 with a .5Ω Kurrpt..and it metered out to 6.1V..Then replaced it with the Stillare 2Ω and it's reading 7.2V
so I guess that's whats going on..not sure tho bro. :facepalm:

I hope this clears that up for you. I used a multimeter for that test.

You can't think in sub ohm with these VV/VW mods. A mech vapes at the batteries voltage and drops as the batteries use current. Fresh battery comes off the charger at 4.2V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread