Sigelei 100w device is being pulled???/new gi 120w

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
so the owner of a local b&m just told me that the sigelei 100w is being pulled from the market because it is too dangerous and they are having problems with batteries blowing up. he also told me that grand innovations has a 120w device in the making. i instantly googled on my phone but couldnt find confirmation of these statements. he said he got it from people on the inside of these companies because he knows them (i do know he went to shenzhen last year). can anyone confirm these things? i was really excited for a 2 battery 100w device but 120w might be better especially if it holds 2 batteries

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
so the owner of a local b&m just told me that the sigelei 100w is being pulled from the market because it is too dangerous and they are having problems with batteries blowing up. he also told me that grand innovations has a 120w device in the making. i instantly googled on my phone but couldnt find confirmation of these statements. he said he got it from people on the inside of these companies because he knows them (i do know he went to shenzhen last year). can anyone confirm these things? i was really excited for a 2 battery 100w device but 120w might be better especially if it holds 2 batteries

Hey if a 100 watt device is too dangerous might as well go for a 120 , my thoughts exactly lol.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
Hey if a 100 watt device is too dangerous might as well go for a 120 , my thoughts exactly lol.

well if im not mistaken the sigelei only goes up to 7 volts and that was a safety concern. maybe the 120w goes higher. and im not saying that 100w makes it dangerous. the gi2 was a safe mod and it went to 168.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I think your shop owner is miss informed or jumping the gun on his statement. I'd like to see some actual conversations with the sigelei staff. In fact, I'll contact my reps tonight and find out myself :p

100watts is only dangerous if you don't know what your doing. I've seen 300watt builds in a couple of my groups and its perfectly safe. I wouldn't run my batteries at this level of stress all day.... but it can me done.

I run 100+watts all day and it doesn't even phase my batteries. The amount of juice I go through and the amount of flavor and clouds I get is the only effects felt :p

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
I know for a fact that Sigelei is still shipping 100 watt box by end of august. (Preorders are up all over).
The IPV3 100 watt box will be out by first week of september. See youtube promo videos

Not sure if that B&M was correct, misinformed or maybe trying to see you a hanna clone (JK). :)

Both of these high end units has regulated protection, battery reversal protection, step down and short warning. Seems a bit of a stretch that you could blow a battery in these (if you use 30 amp) but hey... i suppose it could happen.
The sx330 v3 chip will be firmware upgradeable to 150 watts by end of the year.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Hey Budkiss,

Any news if the 330 V3 is what sigelei will be using? Also you see that round usb plug on the sigelei? I hope they go with something universal before the final production :)

Sigelei keeps telling me they are using their own chip. I'm pretty sure they don't make chips....so its a little confusing on that end.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
I do believe they (and IPV3) are using the new sx330 v3 (but modified for firmware and usb somehow)
THAT chip will not be available to the public supposedly.

Remember they are all "neighbors". I am sure they are cooperating since there is a buzz about higher watt box mods now.
Make the cash when you can

The round hole is a mystery. It may be a special cord (which woudl be stupid IMO). IPV3 has a hole too. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread