Sigelei 100W Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
After taking the J-Wrap off..(yeah it was THAT gaudy) and putting the silicone jacket back on..I am loving mine more as well. It also helped to not expect too much from a $85 mod. The Billow needs replacing but will do for now. Idk what I'll end up with but it won't be another dripper. I need a tank set up for the Sig or it would defeat my purpose for even buying one. I'm thinking a Rose or new kayfun. Possibly even order that authentic Auqua V2 Idk yet still hemming and hawing. lol

Yeah my billow started pissing me off, when I took the afc screws out I have to constantly unscrew the tank off my sig100 and wipe off the condensation. I forgot to do it once and juice got into the 510 connection. So I decided to mod my billow, I drilled both vertical and horizontal airflow's with a 7/64 drill bit. I left the threads alone for the afc screws because I wanted to put them back in which I did. I used some silicon sealant on the afc screws and screwed it flushed with the base. Left it to dry overnight, did a build and I like my billow again! :) So far no condensation on the bottom and the side holes, air flow is great and just the way I like it. Also the silicon I used is the one that's used for fish tanks. I figured if its safe enough for the fish it should be safe enough for me, I only needed a drop of it anyway.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the comments Sirius and ObsceneJesster. I'm leaning toward the 150W version for aesthetic reasons. I really like the blue version of it. What I'd really like is a green version but sadly not many boxes come in green for some reason. I know they made green silicon cases or I can pick up a wrap for it but it's not the same.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I've had my Sigelei 100w plus for about a month and never had any problems with the button sticking. It had begun to rattle a bit lately but suddenly tonight it began sticking with nearly every push. I was extremely disappointed since I've been loving the performance. I noticed that the outer ring was raised and no longer sat flush on the device. I tried to push it back down with no success, then I tried to screw it down with the same results. For some unknown reason I decided to try turning the actual button. I kept turning it to the right to see if anything happened and unbelievably the outer ring tightened back down flush. The button no longer rattles or sticks at all. I wanted to put this out here for those who have a problem with the button sticking on their device. Maybe this could be a fix for the problem.

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
I've had my Sigelei 100w plus for about a month and never had any problems with the button sticking. It had begun to rattle a bit lately but suddenly tonight it began sticking with nearly every push. I was extremely disappointed since I've been loving the performance. I noticed that the outer ring was raised and no longer sat flush on the device. I tried to push it back down with no success, then I tried to screw it down with the same results. For some unknown reason I decided to try turning the actual button. I kept turning it to the right to see if anything happened and unbelievably the outer ring tightened back down flush. The button no longer rattles or sticks at all. I wanted to put this out here for those who have a problem with the button sticking on their device. Maybe this could be a fix for the problem.

I didn't have that problem but it's nice to know in case it happens. Thanks!

johnspack

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Nelson B.C.
My Sig just duplicated.... but in black! Well it's a plus, with a Fogger Big v5...
20150223_212541_zpsgjyjk0w8.jpg

Attachments

• 20150223_212541.jpg
    20150223_212541.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 15

Derty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
SC
I'm sure it's been asked but JESUS this is a long thread...
With the Segelei 100w+ *yes the plus version* everyone keeps saying i cant use a 1.5-2.0Ω coil at 100w... thats a no brainer... basic ohms law.
I am wondering, however.. if i suddenly decide to use it with my aerotanks, at 1.5-2.2Ω... can i? Common sense tells me i can but im just curious. I was thinking more along the lines of 15 or 20 watts max, not 100 lol.

again, im assuming i can because well... i dont break the 7v limit

@ 2Ω 7v looks like 24.5w
so @ 2Ω and 20w it looks like 6.32v and 3.16a

saneyz

Jan 15, 2014
Helsinki, FIN
Here's a little chart for everyone wondering what's the max wattage they can run their setup at:

Ohm --------------Watts ----------- Voltage ----------- Amps

0.15-0.5Ω ------ 100W ----------- 3.9-7V ------------ 26-14A

0.6-1Ω ----------- 82-49W -------- 7V ----------------- 11-7A

1.1-1.5Ω -------- 44-33W -------- 7V ------------------ 6-4.5A

1.6-2Ω ----------- 33-24W -------- 7V ------------------ 4.3-3.5A

2.1-2.5Ω -------- 23-19W -------- 7V ------------------ 3.3-2.8A

2.6-3Ω ----------- 19-16W -------- 7V ------------------ 2.7-2.3A

Edit: And a little something I forgot to add in my original post:

The Sigelei 100W has a so called step down chip, meaning it wont fire higher than the battery voltage, it only regulates the power/voltage down. I.E when you have full batteries at 8.4V and you're firing it at 5V, it will take the 8.4V and regulate it down to 5V for output. Simple right?

Now the "bad" side of this, is the reversed example. When you're running low on battery life, and in this case meaning 6.4-6.9V you wont be getting that full 7V output because the chip cant boost the voltage. This affects the max wattage you can push with this device when you're under 7V. I.E you're trying to get 100W with a 0.5ohm setup and your batteries are almost empty at 6.5V, you will only be getting 85W because it's gonna output that battery voltage instead of the set 7V. (At that point, the battery sag will anyways drop the voltage so low that the mod will tell you recharge)

I hope you understand my explanation :)

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Here's a little chart for everyone wondering what's the max wattage they can run their setup with:

Thnx for that Saneyz..and thanks for the bumps Sig owners..I'm taking a little break and decided to drop in for a cuppa and a vape.

Welcome new Sig owners as well. :)

Derty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
SC
Here's a little chart for everyone wondering what's the max wattage they can run their setup with:

so common sense wins, as long as i dont exceed the 7v threshold im fine. Well i suppose to ensure i dont keep it at the peak 7v i could rebuild them to 1-1.25 ohms... all 72 of them >.<

Thanks Saneyz.

I'll be a new sig owner in about a week :) very excited to get my first high end regulated device! Excellent for my gf and me for our 1 year cigarette free. Oh, we're getting one each not one to share lol

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Stopping in to say "hello ". I Picked up a sig 100 last week. It's not my first foray into regulated vapes,I had a buzzmod,that I've since retired and a provari mini I gave to my wife. I've been using mechanicals for awhile now, but wanted to get less maintenance and longer battery life. I must say I'm happy I did. Dripping on dual coils @4.2v and I can get nearly an entire days vape from this mod. Loving it so far, as it's lived up to all my expectations.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I'm wondering about the stuck firing button issue I've read about with the Sigelei boxes. How widespread is that and which models have experienced it? Is it both the 100w Plus and the 150? I'm interested in adding a higher wattage mod to my rotation and am trying to decide between a Sigelei or waiting for the iPV4. Not trying to turn this into a Sigelei vs P4Y debate or anything just doing some research.

I found a sigelei 100 watt locally used for $50. I liked it but it did have its issues. The ohm reader would sometimes bounce around and the battery life meter was all over the place. It was never set on one number, it would go from say 53% to 51 to 55%. The mod itself had good battery life, i always vaped it at 100 watts with my dark horse rda.

A friend of mine got a sigelei 150 watt and i really liked it. The button was better, the battery % didn't bounce all over and the 510 is spring loaded. I ended up selling my sigelei 100 watt with 2 batteries in it for $100 on craigslist and ordered a new 150 watt sigelei from vapenw for $96 shipped and got 2 new Samsung 25r batteries off amazon for $13 shipped with prime.

I really like sigelei, they make a good product. The 100 watt had its issues but it was solid. It hit hard at 100 watts and i wanted a little more wattage. Plus it's been 1 year since I've quit smoking so i got the 150 watt for my 1 year anniversary of being cig free.

I did look into a ipv4 as it looks nice and being able to charge the batteries thru the unit is cool but we all know how charging turned out on the ipv3 , and the touch firing button so i got the sigelei. I'll steer clear from the ipv models

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I found a sigelei 100 watt locally used for $50. I liked it but it did have its issues. The ohm reader would sometimes bounce around and the battery life meter was all over the place. It was never set on one number, it would go from say 53% to 51 to 55%. The mod itself had good battery life, i always vaped it at 100 watts with my dark horse rda.

A friend of mine got a sigelei 150 watt and i really liked it. The button was better, the battery % didn't bounce all over and the 510 is spring loaded. I ended up selling my sigelei 100 watt with 2 batteries in it for $100 on craigslist and ordered a new 150 watt sigelei from vapenw for $96 shipped and got 2 new Samsung 25r batteries off amazon for $13 shipped with prime.

I really like sigelei, they make a good product. The 100 watt had its issues but it was solid. It hit hard at 100 watts and i wanted a little more wattage. Plus it's been 1 year since I've quit smoking so i got the 150 watt for my 1 year anniversary of being cig free.

I did look into a ipv4 as it looks nice and being able to charge the batteries thru the unit is cool but we all know how charging turned out on the ipv3 , and the touch firing button so i got the sigelei. I'll steer clear from the ipv models

If you are dripping Bman..you really have to keep the juice out of the 510 connection. It will seep into the box mod itself as well. Just keep it clean and don't over tighten the atty mate..You'll be fine. :2c:

You might look into a SS pin to replace the copper one as well .. Another :2c: LOL

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Stopping in to say "hello ". I Picked up a sig 100 last week. It's not my first foray into regulated vapes,I had a buzzmod,that I've since retired and a provari mini I gave to my wife. I've been using mechanicals for awhile now, but wanted to get less maintenance and longer battery life. I must say I'm happy I did. Dripping on dual coils @4.2v and I can get nearly an entire days vape from this mod. Loving it so far, as it's lived up to all my expectations.

Glad you are enjoying the Sig brotha...I'm using mine more than the REO LPG now well..because..shhhhhh the firing pin broke on the REO..I replaced it with an older one..It's not performing to par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread