j-wrap it

sando7-albums-regulated-box-mods-picture381307-sig-100-w-reb-wrap.jpg

sando7-albums-regulated-box-mods-picture381308-sig-100-w-reb-wrap-side-view.jpg

Last edited:

ninetailnaruto

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2013
USA
Hey guys, would you recommend the sigelei silicone sleeve or a jwrap for external protection?

the silicone sleeve seems like a better choice for protection however isn't it troublesome to remove the sleeve when changing battery?

please advice :)

Heck yea it's troublesome. I took out twice so far from the case it was a pain. It will also stretch out sooner or later.
I will only use the case when I am travelling somewhere far. I would rather wrap it with 3m or something.

ssgswjohnson

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Fort Meade, MD
The silicone sleeve is a pain to pull on or off, and its grippy enough that its harder to slide in or out of a pocket. That being said, I've now dropped her twice and the sleeve did its job the second time. When I dropped it the first time the sleeve wasn't on and my batteries went scattered about when the door came off. Plus there was a mark on the corner that thankfully was able to wipe off. I only ever go without the sleeve if I'm chilling in the man cave at home. Its worth the peace of mind for me personally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
j-wrap it

sando7-albums-regulated-box-mods-picture381307-sig-100-w-reb-wrap.jpg

sando7-albums-regulated-box-mods-picture381308-sig-100-w-reb-wrap-side-view.jpg

Heck yea it's troublesome. I took out twice so far from the case it was a pain. It will also stretch out sooner or later.
I will only use the case when I am travelling somewhere far. I would rather wrap it with 3m or something.

The silicone sleeve is a pain to pull on or off, and its grippy enough that its harder to slide in or out of a pocket. That being said, I've now dropped her twice and the sleeve did its job the second time. When I dropped it the first time the sleeve wasn't on and my batteries went scattered about when the door came off. Plus there was a mark on the corner that thankfully was able to wipe off. I only ever go without the sleeve if I'm chilling in the man cave at home. Its worth the peace of mind for me personally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thanks, i guess i'll probably get the jwrap, since the sigelei 100w will only be for home use :D

Isnt the 100w difficult to hold? How does it compares to hana mod in size?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

don't own a hana mod but it was smaller than what i thought it would be, was expecting the 100w to be bigger, based on reviews and pictures.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, that hurt.

I finally broke down and ordered a 100w+ and picked up a Lemo Drop while I was at it. I got the black box and the silver lemo for $123 shipped. Not as cheap as black friday but itll work.

The decision was between the sigelei and a reo and as much of a function over form guy as I am, I couldn't get passed how nice the new 100w+ looks and how fugly a reo is.

Last edited:

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Well, that hurt.

I finally broke down and ordered a 100w+ and picked up a Lemo Drop while I was at it. I got the black box and the silver lemo for $123 shipped. Not as cheap as black friday but itll work.

The decision was between the sigelei and a reo and as much of a function over form guy as I am, I couldn't get passed how nice the new 100w+ looks and how fugly a reo is.
If you want a bottom fed and don't like the Reos, look up the Peko bottom fed on this forum. They are doing another run for the internals soon, so if you like and are verified, now would be a good time to get on board! The shell is 3D printed, and people have painted them in a variety of ways to suit their own style.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you want a bottom fed and don't like the Reos, look up the Peko bottom fed on this forum. They are doing another run for the internals soon, so if you like and are verified, now would be a good time to get on board! The shell is 3D printed, and people have painted them in a variety of ways to suit their own style.

I want a bottom feeder also and have read about the peko but was unaware of another internals run. I may have to pick one up.

nyc516

Jan 11, 2013
vapeland
I just received my sigelei 100w plus. There is a strange sound when the device is turned on. It kind of sounds like a fan or a light buzz coming from the chip. Is this normal? Or is my device defective? I just got it and this is my first first box mod so I don't know if there is something wrong with my mod or not

Last edited:

ninetailnaruto

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2013
USA
I just received my sigelei 100w plus. There is a strange sound when the device is turned on. It kind of sounds like a fan or a light buzz coming from the chip. Is this normal? Or is my device defective? I just got it and this is my first first box mod so I don't know if there is something wrong with my mod or not

someone else has that problem and contacted to the vendor. They said that was first time they heard a buzzing high pitch problem like this and contacting to the sigelei. I don't know the update though. You might wanna contact the vendor where you bought it from and see what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread