Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
53185.jpg

there is a quick size comparison for you, sorry about the quality, poor lighting and flash makes for a potato pic.

(Edit)
Personally I found its a lot more manageable than I thought before getting it. I thought it was going to be huge and uncomfortable, but I've gotten used to it.

Depends on the clothing you wear in the summer I suppose.

Last edited:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I'm thinking about picking one up, for those of you that have them is the size a limiter to being an all day carry mod? I have seen posts about putting it in a Jacket pocket, but with Summer coming around how big is the size really? For reference currently I am using a Hana V3 dna 30 box. Pictures make the 150 look huge but I know that can be deceiving.

I just got mine yesterday, and I love it! It's almost exactly the size of a pack of 100 mm cigarettes. (My husband still smokes, and I measured it to that).

Of course it's heavier than a pack of cigarettes, but not as heavy as I expected it to be. I don't have a Hana, so I can't compare it to that.

Reactions: LungCandy101

Cybernated

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2014
Denver
53185.jpg

there is a quick size comparison for you, sorry about the quality, poor lighting and flash makes for a potato pic.

(Edit)
Personally I found its a lot more manageable than I thought before getting it. I thought it was going to be huge and uncomfortable, but I've gotten used to it.

Depends on the clothing you wear in the summer I suppose.
Thanks for the feedback and picture. That puts it far more into perspective.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Bringing this to the top... I just received a Sig 150 for review. Any glaring issues I should be looking for when I run it through its paces? The unit I received came with a clear silicone sleeve - is this an indicator that it's a fairly recent unit?

I'm reasonably familiar with the big power Sig boxes having previously owned a Sig 100 and Sig 100+.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Bringing this to the top... I just received a Sig 150 for review. Any glaring issues I should be looking for when I run it through its paces? The unit I received came with a clear silicone sleeve - is this an indicator that it's a fairly recent unit?

I'm reasonably familiar with the big power Sig boxes having previously owned a Sig 100 and Sig 100+.

Yeah, the ones shipping since March seem to come with the clear silicone. Fire button rattle is an issue with mine, didn't start to surface until about two weeks into using it though. Recently the resistance has started to fluctuate on mine, after about two months of use, so that is annoying and makes it pretty much unusable. Cheap Chinese junk is junk.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah, the ones shipping since March seem to come with the clear silicone. Fire button rattle is an issue with mine, didn't start to surface until about two weeks into using it though. Recently the resistance has started to fluctuate on mine, after about two months of use, so that is annoying and makes it pretty much unusable. Cheap Chinese junk is junk.

Good input, thanks. I should be able to use it for about a month prior to writing my review since I have other stuff ahead of it in the to-be-reviewed queue.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I had ohms jumping as well. Using the 150w oni edition. About a week with it now. No button rattle. And since I cleaned the floating pin. Haven't had any jumping.

Hmm, I already tried cleaning mine with alcohol and a q-tip, that was the first thing I tried. What did you use? Maybe I was doing it wrong.

simplesid242

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Monessen, Pennsylvania, United States
Same, rubbing alcohol on a qtip. I have seen others with the same issue. I think others were the firing pin spring tho. Been using it for about 3 days now since cleaning and no issue yet. Personally I plan to get a new 510 connector (fat daddy vape looks like the recommended option). As soon as my 90 day warranty is up. Sorry to hear that didn't solve your issue. Hope u can get it figured out.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that that doesn't happen to me. So far, I'm really loving mine. No button rattling yet for me either. Knocking on wood, because now that I've said that, it will probably happen.

I don't know about button rattle, but you might crack it if you keep knocking it on wood.

Reactions: LungCandy101

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I'm about to buy a 100+ Watt box only because it uses two battery in series, so I get a very long runtime and, very important, long calendar battery life. I don't really mind about high power vaping, only from time to time to make a big cloud with zero or 3 mg liquid.
I can't understand why mod makers do not offer, as standard option, a SS 510 connector on all their mods. As I lost three iSticks to 510 failures and battery exaustion, I am placing an Innokin eGo adapter (3 pounds each on eBay) with a cone for a pleasnt look to ALL mods I use. And buying only mods with replaceable batteries.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
The Sigelei 150 is actually a step down in power, but a form factor upgrade for me...I've been using a SMY260. I don't need all the power, but with changes in technology and atomizers, I wanted the extra power just in case. I really like it. Plenty of power, yet not bulky...and battery life is impressive.

I've got a $100 credit at my local vape shop, and am considering another one in a different color.

Reactions: kathi17

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
One thing I like to do, and could be helpful to others, is to check the firmware of the chip. This may help in figuring out when a box was put together. I'm not completely sure how and when they assemble them, but I'd assume the latest ones haves less issues.

With the box itself, no atomizer and empty, place one battery in and hold the fire button down as you put in the next battery. The screen should show you the firmware version shortly.

Mine is V7.4

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
I had one and loved it for a while but eventually I tried a Raptor and then had one custom made for me. I much prefer the simplicity of the Raptor chip. I also really like the fact it has no screen and you change the voltage only which I really like. What I probably like the most though is the fact that I have a 1 of 1 box, no one else has. Its smaller then the Sig by a bit and is dual cells, has a voltmeter screen with a switch, pot, master on/off and a Hexohm v2 button. I love this box although definitely not for beginners. Got another one coming, 40a dual 26650. I could throw around 200w haha.

Roy G

Mar 19, 2015
Roswell, Ga

I would make note of the hum that comes from the screen when it is lit up. Goes away when the screen shuts off.
I got lucky and my button does not rattle.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I would make note of the hum that comes from the screen when it is lit up. Goes away when the screen shuts off.
I got lucky and my button does not rattle.
Yeah, mine makes a noise when the screen is lit too. It's something most people can't even hear, but I've always been able to hear things others can't hear, so I didn't mention it on here. I'm glad someone else mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread