Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
BTW, those two absolutely hideous dual ss mesh coils are STILL in that AGA-T2 and it's still working great. I give it a good rinse under very hot tap water, but I haven't even changed the ekowool hat or the coil in about a week. I just rinse, dry burn, scrape off the gunk, rinse again, dry burn again, and fill it up with whatever.

But every time I take off that top cap and see that terrible mess in there I want to rebuild it. Then I say "naaaaahhh" and fill 'er up!

jaynole

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
Finished family for now.

sigelei 8w with KFL, Twin sigelei 19's with 8w buttons, shaved tops so the Igo W's sit flush. Topped with Fauxgatti caps and shortys by Driptipdesignz.

uhyhuga4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

itisken

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Dallas Texas
Jaynole ordered new brass top and bottom from Fat Daddy's this morning. I wanted to buy the 8W bottom but was fearful that I would have to lock it all the time. I recently pickup a Magneto Mod and have to lock it all the time.....gets on my f*#$ing nerves. Do you have to constantly lock the 8W switch? Let me know.....thanks!!!

Finished family for now.

Sigelei 8w with KFL, Twin Sigelei 19's with 8w buttons, shaved tops so the Igo W's sit flush. Topped with Fauxgatti caps and shortys by Driptipdesignz.

uhyhuga4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Jaynole ordered new brass top and bottom from Fat Daddy's this morning. I wanted to buy the 8W bottom but was fearful that I would have to lock it all the time. I recently pickup a Magneto Mod and have to lock it all the time.....gets on my f*#$ing nerves. Do you have to constantly lock the 8W switch? Let me know.....thanks!!!

I don't need to lock my 8W switch, even with an RSST or even an Oddy on it (pretty heavy atty). The only issue is that it wobbles a bit when you set it down, but if you throw in a couple of nylon/Delrin washers, its very stable.

8w.jpg 8W_WobbleFix3.jpg

Overall, it's a pretty nice bottom-fire setup.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Just received a 19E I purchased on a whim because I had a coupon code that took it down to $25 shipped. Expected nothing.

I'm seriously considering selling my high tier gear. I've got $500 set ups that don't vape as good as the $50 19E/AGA-T set up I bought basically to satisfy myself that the big dollar items in my collection were worth the money.

Not even trolling.

Last edited:

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Bought a sig 19e today the brass one and for some reason when I screw my aga t2 to it it pushes the steel contact post up too high and breaks contact and also stops me from being able to full tighten it. Im not sure if this makes sense but if anyone knows of a solution it would be great

You could try taking the top cap off, unscrewing the center post a bit before attaching the aga. Attach the aga to the top cap and tighten the center post until contact is made and then put it back together.

That way, it won't force the contact post to move out of place. Of course, if you change toppers, you may have to play around with the head's center post again, but usually, the gap is something that will work for most toppers once you get it set up properly for one.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Be mindful that when you unscrew the philips head screw to adjust the height of the center pin, you might loosen the spring, causing either a short, misfires, or simply losing proper contact with the battery. As in, it just won't fire.

I did this the other day when swapping around attys (my AGA-T2's permanent home is my Sig 19E) and a few did not come anywhere NEAR sitting flush. So I backed that screw out just far enough to lose connection to the spring. It didn't LOOK or FEEL lose, but suddenly I was having problems getting ANYTHING to fire. Then I realized what I'd done and had to tighten that screw back in.

No big deal, just something to keep in mind.

H1ST

Jun 5, 2013
uk
You could try taking the top cap off, unscrewing the center post a bit before attaching the aga. Attach the aga to the top cap and tighten the center post until contact is made and then put it back together.

That way, it won't force the contact post to move out of place. Of course, if you change toppers, you may have to play around with the head's center post again, but usually, the gap is something that will work for most toppers once you get it set up properly for one.

Ahh thankyou! Didnt realise the positive post was adjustable, mine was very tight at first, works a treat now! I love how simple this mod is but was wondering if I grind the 510 connection down so the aga sits flush will this cause any problems?

It looks less than 1mm

disturbed1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
CT
Ahh thankyou! Didnt realise the positive post was adjustable, mine was very tight at first, works a treat now! I love how simple this mod is but was wondering if I grind the 510 connection down so the aga sits flush will this cause any problems?

It looks less than 1mm

nope did it to mine and its just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread